Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nodes Rx  (Read 2039 times)
bluesky
« Reply #15 on: Aug 10, 2010, 04:40 PM »

thank you for the link Ari! your comment reminds me of something (just a little), about my own beginnings in studying astrology - I was reading all kinds of books, and this was before I came across the Pluto I book.  I was reading Jeanne Avery's book called Rising Signs and still hadn't had my natal chart cast yet.  As I was reading through the descriptions of the various rising signs, I settled on one in particular, thinking, "If there's anyone in here that sounds just like me, this has to be it, no doubt".  Then I got my chart cast and guess what - it was the exact opposite sign that turned out to be my ascendant.  Wierd, huh? and I remember in particular not even being able to finish the chapter on my actual rising sign, because I disliked it so much.  It was definitely my least "favorite". and this was the one it turned out to be.

Dhyana, I apologize if my original post may have got things a little off track here, I didn't mean to highjack your thread.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2010, 04:56 PM by bluesky » Logged
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #16 on: Aug 10, 2010, 06:14 PM »

Hi Ari  (and Bluesky)

I wanted to add something that I noticed when it comes to astrological polarities (ie the nodes). That the shadow of one sign LOOKS A LOT LIKE a distorted version of it's polarity. For example Virgo can have the appearance of having it all together, being perfect and pure- not being bothered by anything. This seeming peacefulness looks a lot like Pisces doesn't it?

This is a good point Ari.  Especially if that Virgo, say, happens to fall in the 12th house.  And the same with other signs falling in their opposite house.

Bluesky, the EA question then becomes "why did the Soul create the chart that way?".  It always comes down to either past conditions, or evolutionary intentions, or both.  Our work as EA astrologers is to do the detective work and try to understand the reasons for the paradox.
Steve

bluesky
« Reply #17 on: Aug 10, 2010, 09:29 PM »

Steve,

I guess in some cases it comes to facing the facade and breaking it down.
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #18 on: Aug 10, 2010, 11:05 PM »

Dhyana, I apologize if my original post may have got things a little off track here, I didn't mean to highjack your thread.

Ha!  Bluesky, I am enjoying the highjack very much LOL ... thankful for it!  Grin youre funny
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2010, 11:06 PM by Dhyana » Logged
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #19 on: Aug 11, 2010, 01:44 AM »

Hi Ari  (and Bluesky)

Bluesky, the EA question then becomes "why did the Soul create the chart that way?".  It always comes down to either past conditions, or evolutionary intentions, or both.  "
Steve

Steve, So are u also saying here that the way the soul creates the chart is not always to serve it's evolution? That it may create a condition to stay stuck in the past? I am not sure what your words imply or not?

Thanks for any clarification.
Dhyana
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #20 on: Aug 11, 2010, 02:35 AM »

Hi Ari  (and Bluesky)

Bluesky, the EA question then becomes "why did the Soul create the chart that way?".  It always comes down to either past conditions, or evolutionary intentions, or both.  "
Steve

Steve, So are u also saying here that the way the soul creates the chart is not always to serve it's evolution? That it may create a condition to stay stuck in the past? I am not sure what your words imply or not?

Thanks for any clarification.
Dhyana

No, not saying that at all.  It is always to serve its evolution.  The Soul may have been stuck, in the past.  That would be reflected in the chart.  The intent is always to break out of where it is stuck. That is the evolutionary intention.  Of course people often wind up not actualizing the Soul's intentions.

Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #21 on: Aug 11, 2010, 03:14 AM »

ok, good! i often read too far into things... u know, that mercury in scorpio gets like that sometimes... Tongue
...glad i'm catching on~

thanks steve
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2010, 03:19 AM by Dhyana » Logged
adina

« Reply #22 on: Aug 11, 2010, 07:37 AM »

I wanted to add something that I noticed when it comes to astrological polarities (ie the nodes). That the shadow of one sign LOOKS A LOT LIKE a distorted version of it's polarity. For example Virgo can have the appearance of having it all together, being perfect and pure- not being bothered by anything. This seeming peacefulness looks a lot like Pisces doesn't it? Yet it can easily just be a compensation for feeling really chaotic inside.
Ari Moshe

Ari, I think you hit on something that Wolf taught in the school, and that is that every sign carries its polarity - or ELEMENTS of its polarity - within it. And what I've observed over the years is (I think) similar to what you said below.  I.e., that what we may object to MOST in our lives will reveal itself THRU the polarity sign of whatever planet we consider in its natal position in our chart. (not sure that's clear. Smiley) An example I remember clearly was a former astro teacher who was an Aquarius, and she had an incredible dislike for Leos. She was the only one who couldn't see how she herself was manifesting the Leo archetype, because she was too busy telling us that Aquarius was the BEST sign!  LOL

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video