Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Planet Earth  (Read 2206 times)
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« on: Oct 12, 2010, 09:33 PM »

I was just wondering about the overall role of Earth from an evolutionary astrology perspective --

Does planet Earth haver any ruler? (If I were to imagine one it would probably be Venus.)
Oops, I later realized this question doesnt make any sense because planets are Rulers. I guess what I am asking is if Earth rules any particular sign/house? (Taurus maybe?)

How can Earth be read or interpreted from the view of evolutionary astrology?

And if it were in/on a chart where would it be? --would it be the actual surface of the chart itself since the soul is incarnated upon the earth?

I know it's an odd inquiry but...

It must have significance Huh --

Thank You,
Dhyana
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2010, 02:40 AM by Dhyana » Logged
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2010, 09:46 PM »

Well, I was just thinking about where the EARTH  Sun (oops I meant EARTH) might be in a chart or if it is the surface of the chart itself??? Huh

I know that the Earth gets it's light from the Sun, so I take it that this means where ever the Sun is, the Earth must be in a position to recieve that light, so actually, it cannot be the surface of the chart itself, now can it?  
It must lie in a position to the Sun because this is how photosynthesis takes place.

Hmmm? SO where in a birth chart lies the planet EARTH?

We know that all the other planets have their Achetypal signature -- so what is the Earth's Archetypal signature, and why or why not isnt it mentioned in a chart synthesis?

Thanks,
Dhyana
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2010, 09:01 AM by Dhyana » Logged
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2010, 10:22 PM »

Hi Dhyana,

The center of the chart is where earth is typically understood to be, though I read an article a couple years back about Earth always being in opposition to the natal sun.  I will look and see if I can find the article.  Not sure if any of my comments correlate with how ea interprets the sun.

Wink
Much love,
Wendy
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2010, 10:26 PM »

THANK YOU WENDY!!!!

Hi Dhyana,

...  Not sure if any of my comments correlate with how ea interprets the sun.

Wink
Much love,
Wendy

You mean Earth, Yes?

I did the same thing -- i started laughing when I read that! LOL
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2010, 06:12 AM »

Haahahah, yes, I meant to write Earth.
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2010, 04:22 PM »

Hi Dhyana, Wendy, my understanding of the basic astronomy:

Astronomically the earth itself is the chart itself. Meaning, the chart symbolizes where all the celestial bodies were positioned relative to the exact moment and time of a soul's incarnation.

The 4 angels of the chart, which is what defines the context of the entire incarnational experience on this planet is astronomically defined by where the ecliptic (the center of the zodiac belt) intersects 2 planes of the earth: the horizon and meridian.

If we casted a chart from another planet, everything would be positioned somewhere else, and the chart would represent the cosmos from the perspective of that planet.

The planet earth itself, is "in" the opposite sign of the Sun. However you would only notice that if you were standing on the Sun itself. To understand this, pretend that you are the earth and your computer is the Sun. The wall that is behind your computer, is the "sign" that the computer is in. The wallpaper that is behind you is the "sign" you are in.

We are moving around the Sun, so if you move around your computer, the backdrop for your computer will change, and thus from the perspective of your computer watching you revolve, your backdrop will change at the same exact rate that you perceive the Sun's backdrop to change.

Love,
Ari Moshe
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2010, 11:27 PM »

Hello All,

Thanks Ari.

I sat with my computer and imagined what you wrote -- I still have to work with it a bit more until it clicks.

If the Earth is opposed to the Sun, and let's say, for example, your (Ari's) Sun is in Sag in the 3rd house, then your Earth is in your 9th House in Gemini? OR would this not apply because we are on the earth, and not another planet?

Thanks for your paitience.

And this really is going somewhere, for me btw...it's not just some random question..I am intuiting something-- but I have yet t know exactly what it is nor how to articulate it--but I have to follow when that intuition stirs  and prods in me like this. And perhaps the feedback can act as a springboard for me to dive deeper in. This is why I ask these questions.

Thanks Again,
Dhyana
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2010, 11:49 PM by Dhyana » Logged
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2010, 11:52 PM »

If these questions are not applicaple to this paradigm, let me know, and I will not ask further about it on here, with no problem whatsoever. Grin

Lovingly,
Dhyana
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2010, 12:04 AM »

Hi Dhyana,
I'm sure this articulation is helpful for more than just you anyway.

If the Earth is opposed to the Sun, and let's say, for example, your (Ari's) Sun is in Sag in the 3rd house, then your Earth is in your 9th House in Gemini? OR would this not apply because we are on the earth, and not another planet?

It would not apply because we are on earth. We are on earth, so how (on earth) can the earth be in Gemini in the 9th?

From the point of view of the Sun, the earth would be in Gemini.
am
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2010, 01:07 AM »

Ari,
From the Sun, as the Sun, would that still be (in your case, per the example) a House 9 Gemini? Or would there be no houses ? Do the houses only exists from the Earths Perspective?

I'm asking about HOUSE now?

Again, thanks for the patience Wink

Dhyana
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2010, 01:40 AM by Dhyana » Logged
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2010, 02:09 AM »

Just re-posting my original questions, with a little more added -to hone in a little better...

1. What might be the overall role of Earth from an evolutionary astrology perspective?

2. Is the Earth the Ruler of any Sign? (in my first post, the question about this was backwards --asked incorrectly.)

3. We know that all the other planets have their Archetypal signature -- so what is the Earth's Archetypal signature?

4. Can or has the Earth ever been read or interpreted in an evolutionary astrology analysis? If so, how? If not, why?

5. Has anyone here found that an analysis of the Earth to be of any use and/or even possible, in an evolutionary astrology interpretation?

And again, if these questions are not applicaple to this paradigm, let me know, and I will not ask further about it on here, with no problem whatsoever.  Grin

Huh,
Dhyana
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2010, 03:51 AM by Dhyana » Logged
adina

« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2010, 09:06 AM »

Hi Dhyana,

No one in EA that I know of uses the Earth as part of the chart interpretation. (Solar Fire offers the option of including it in the wheel, though). What little I've read about it doesn't resonate with me as far as how I experience my own chart/evolution.  The Earth DOES play a part in Esoteric Astrology as brought forth by Alice Bailey, and I know that Alan Oaken worked with the "Rays" and the astrological correspondences of this system as well. They ARE different from "traditional" astrology. According to Bailey, the Earth rules Sagittarius. You can get a brief overview of the topic here: http://www.btinternet.com/~seamaid/Esotericearth.htm  and a more in-depth discussion of esoteric astrology, the 7 Rays, all the correspondences, etc. here: http://www.esotericastrologer.org/MiscFiles/EAintro.htm

I remember on the now very old MB someone asked about Esoteric astrology, the 7 rays, etc., and JWG's answer at the time was something to the effect that if a person came to you as a counseling astrologer and was having relationship problems and you told them they were on the third ray, what the heck help would THAT be?!  LOL

All the best with your inquiry into the topic.

ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2010, 10:58 AM »

Hi Dhyana, I'll answer the q's I feel I understand-

1. What might be the overall role of Earth from an evolutionary astrology perspective?

The overall role of Earth from an ea perspective is the place in which the evolutionary journey takes place. This is the context, the forum in which a soul incarnates, and evolves through the vehicle of the emotional body (this planet's Moon).

2. Is the Earth the Ruler of any Sign? (in my first post, the question about this was backwards --asked incorrectly.)

3. We know that all the other planets have their Archetypal signature -- so what is the Earth's Archetypal signature?

4. Can or has the Earth ever been read or interpreted in an evolutionary astrology analysis? If so, how? If not, why?

My intuition is that there is no ea interpretation for earth. Why? Because we are on the earth. The earth operates as the center of the universe from the point of view of wherever we happen to be. All the cosmos are around us when we are born. To view the earth as being in any sign would imply that our point of reference is other than the earth, which is not the case. I'm sure that has value in other forms of astrology- ie heliocentric and others as Adina mentioned. However it's not relevant to understanding the nature of a soul's incarnation which happens here on earth.

To me it's like standing on top of a tall building, and seeing a vast panoramic view of the city all around you. Where is the building that you are standing on? The answer is right where you are standing. The only way to create a measurement for the location of the building would be to go to building B and map out where the first building is in relation to your new "here and now".

Each soul evolves in the here and now, wherever and whenever that happens to be. That is the essence of the earth. I we look around, we will notice that this set up is quite special- all the different life forms, and souls, and states of awareness of that incarnate here. That is the archetypal nature of the earth as far as I am aware.

5. Has anyone here found that an analysis of the Earth to be of any use and/or even possible, in an evolutionary astrology interpretation?
love
am
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #13 on: Oct 14, 2010, 01:17 PM »

Ari,
 Adina, Wendy,

I really really appreciate your posts here. It has really supported my query.

I am still processing... I will most likely write more soon Cheesy

All Love to you!
 Kiss
Dhyana
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #14 on: Oct 14, 2010, 02:08 PM »

Hi Dhyana, I'll answer the q's I feel I understand-

The overall role of Earth from an ea perspective is the place in which the evolutionary journey takes place. This is the context, the forum in which a soul incarnates, and evolves through the vehicle of the emotional body (this planet's Moon).

My intuition is that there is no ea interpretation for earth. Why? Because we are on the earth. The earth operates as the center of the universe from the point of view of wherever we happen to be. All the cosmos are around us when we are born. To view the earth as being in any sign would imply that our point of reference is other than the earth, which is not the case. I'm sure that has value in other forms of astrology- ie heliocentric and others as Adina mentioned. However it's not relevant to understanding the nature of a soul's incarnation which happens here on earth.

To me it's like standing on top of a tall building, and seeing a vast panoramic view of the city all around you. Where is the building that you are standing on? The answer is right where you are standing. The only way to create a measurement for the location of the building would be to go to building B and map out where the first building is in relation to your new "here and now".

Each soul evolves in the here and now, wherever and whenever that happens to be. That is the essence of the earth. I we look around, we will notice that this set up is quite special- all the different life forms, and souls, and states of awareness of that incarnate here. That is the archetypal nature of the earth as far as I am aware.

love
am

Hi Ari, All,

Hope you don't mind me asking a further question.  I do understand what you are saying about the Earth and it makes sense to me as is.  I mean, my intuitve mind gets it.  But one thing remains perplexing to my logical brain:  When I'm born, the Earth itself is somewhere in space, and that somewhere is constantly changing, yes?  So wouldn't that color things?  To give an example, if I were in a dark, dank basement, that would be much different than being in a sunny meadow.  In both cases, I am where I am - that's where I was born.  But the environments are so different.  Does this make sense?  Let me know if my question needs further clarification.

Peace,
Ellen
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video