Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Planet Earth  (Read 2190 times)
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #15 on: Oct 14, 2010, 05:28 PM »

Hi Ellen,

Longitude and latitude lines map exactly where you were born on Earth.

Where is the Earth in the bigger scheme of things?  We are just entering the Age of Aquarius in the cycle of astrological ages.  Ptolemy fixed our zodiac to the moving equinoxes but excluded the extra-zodiacal constellations.

From Earth, looking out beyond to the celestial sphere around us, the Chaldeans and Egyptians mapped the ancient star systems.  These constellations have their own legends and myths as well as their major fixed stars.
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #16 on: Oct 14, 2010, 07:40 PM »

Hi Linda,

Thank you.  I am not so good with the astronomy part of things, so bear with me.

Hi Ellen,

Longitude and latitude lines map exactly where you were born on Earth.

Just to push my point.... Ok, but still, I am born on EARTH.  And the EARTH is at a specific point in the cosmos at the time of my birth.  Now, I think this is what you are addressing below, but I'm not sure I understand.

Where is the Earth in the bigger scheme of things?  We are just entering the Age of Aquarius in the cycle of astrological ages. 

I understand that this has to do with the precession of the equinoxes.

Ptolemy fixed our zodiac to the moving equinoxes but excluded the extra-zodiacal constellations.
Does this mean that the Earth itself does not move through the zodiac, but instead moves through the extra-zodiacal constellations?  Ah, I think this is what you are getting at below.

From Earth, looking out beyond to the celestial sphere around us, the Chaldeans and Egyptians mapped the ancient star systems.  These constellations have their own legends and myths as well as their major fixed stars.

So you are saying, I think, that the Earth's backdrop is these (extra-zodiacal) constellations mapped by the Chaldeans and Egyptians?

Peace,
Ellen
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #17 on: Oct 14, 2010, 07:53 PM »

See Ellen,

I told you that you ask my same questions!  Grin

Love,
Dhyana
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #18 on: Oct 14, 2010, 09:04 PM »

Hi Ellen and Dhyana,

Are you both asking where is Earth placed in the galaxy?   Grin

http://sos.noaa.gov/datasets/solar_system/all-sky.html

Here's a site that shows exactly where Earth is situated in the Milky Way galaxy (very close to Alpha Centauri):

http://sos.noaa.gov/videos/alpha_centauri.mov

In this one, you'll see all the constellations of the Milky Way mapped out:

http://sos.noaa.gov/videos/constellations.mov
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #19 on: Oct 14, 2010, 09:35 PM »

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Universe_Reference_Map_%28Location%29_001.jpeg

Here's a great map that includes:

- Solar System
- Sun's neighbourhood
- Galactic realm
- Local Group
- Supercluster

Zoom into the "red" words in each frame.  This set of pictures will show you exactly where Earth is situated in the scheme of things. 

Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #20 on: Oct 15, 2010, 04:37 AM »

See Ellen,

I told you that you ask my same questions!  Grin

Love,
Dhyana

Cheesy
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #21 on: Oct 15, 2010, 04:45 AM »

Hi Ellen and Dhyana,

Are you both asking where is Earth placed in the galaxy?   Grin

http://sos.noaa.gov/datasets/solar_system/all-sky.html

Here's a site that shows exactly where Earth is situated in the Milky Way galaxy (very close to Alpha Centauri):

http://sos.noaa.gov/videos/alpha_centauri.mov

In this one, you'll see all the constellations of the Milky Way mapped out:

http://sos.noaa.gov/videos/constellations.mov

Hi Linda,

No.  Not exactly what I am asking.  But thank you a ton for the resources.  From the map, the Earth orbits through the same constellations as the other planets.  This makes sense to me.  My logical mind still says this must have meaning, ie, whichever the sign the Earth happens to be in when someone or something is born.  Again, as an example, I am born in a room.  But what kind of room is it...  I understand that EA does not incorporate the Earth as part of its analysis.  And the reasons that Ari gives make perfect sense to my intuitive brain.  But my logical brain has not yet found its peace.  However, given that this query falls outside of EA proper, it may not be appropriate to continue here...

Peace,

Ellen
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #22 on: Oct 15, 2010, 07:03 AM »

Hi Ellen, Dhyana and Linda,

Since we live on planet Earth the influence of her body does not impact us the same way the other orbiting bodies do, though we certainly experience Earth most directly. 

When I first read about Earth as opposite to my natal sun (mine would be in Aquarius) I thought "well this is how I experience the Earth, as an awakened being."

Maybe logically applying your own natal Earth to your personal experience will lend some clarity?

God Bless,
Wendy

ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #23 on: Oct 15, 2010, 07:36 AM »

Hi Elllen,
Again, as an example, I am born in a room.  But what kind of room is it... 

Ahha! I think I understand your question now.

Ok, you were born in a room. In your example, the PLACE you are standing would be the earth. The room around you would be the zodiac belt. So yes there is a particular quality to the room, the place you are standing is unique for what it is. The earth is unique for what it is.

If you see a chair in that room then you can identify that chair according to whatever wallpaper is behind it (the Sun is in Capricorn). However where are you? Well, you are not in Cancer just because the chair is in Capricorn. You can literally turn in any direction and see a different part of the room. If I was sitting on the chair looking at you, then I'd have a reference point to describe you. I'd say "Ah that Ellen, she is in front of the Cancer wall paper".

The very unique nature of your experience, being born in that room, is that you are literally in the center of the Universe. That exact spot, and no other spot, is the center of the Universe. To me that's really special.

I'm going to go a bit deeper with this...
Your natal chart corresponds to the particular transits that were happening at the very time and location of your birth. We know that the transits symbolize a holographic reality that is manifesting simultaneously on all cosms (personal, collective etc). Thus, the energetic circumstances of your birth, as symbolized by the total reality of your birth experience (people, emotions, drugs, traumas, foods, music, colors, smells, objects etc) is also a synchronistic reflection of your very own natal chart.

I've heard several times from doulas and midwives that the birth story is very clearly a reflection of the child's entire life.

So I wanted to share that as I feel it adds more spiritual dimensions to the significant meaning of the very room you were born.
Love
am

Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #24 on: Oct 15, 2010, 10:26 AM »

Thank you Wendy --after I read the link that Adina supplied, I really got what you just said with the Gemini thing, in my case! So thank you so much for sharing that.

AND

Yes Yes Yes ARI!!! this is a big part of what I was looking for --  Ellen, thanks a million for helping to articulate my questions --I seem to have a hard time with that sort of thing.

I love you guys!
 Cheesy

D

Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #25 on: Oct 15, 2010, 10:44 AM »

Linda, thank you for supplying that information. It is good to get familar with the astronomy of it all, etc...
 Wink D
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #26 on: Oct 15, 2010, 07:08 PM »

Adina,

thanks so very much for those links bc they are a very good springboard for me to go inside with this. Again, thank you very much. Cheesy
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #27 on: Oct 17, 2010, 08:44 AM »

Hi Elllen,
Again, as an example, I am born in a room.  But what kind of room is it... 

Ahha! I think I understand your question now.

Ok, you were born in a room. In your example, the PLACE you are standing would be the earth. The room around you would be the zodiac belt. So yes there is a particular quality to the room, the place you are standing is unique for what it is. The earth is unique for what it is.

Hi Ari,

Thank you a million for staying with me on this.  How you are thinking of it is still not quite the way that I'm thinking of it.  Feel free to NOT answer, as there may be no way to link this intuitive understanding that I have (that understands what you are saying) with the inquisitive side of my brain that seems to need to understand SOMEthing.  So, the way this inquisitive side is seeing it: the Earth is the room in its entirety.  I am born in a room.  EVERYTHING in the room is the Earth.  Outside the room is the rest of the universe. This room sits in a very specific place in the universe.  And, depending on the date that I'm born, this place that it sits changes.  So, if I'm born in December, this room is in one location.  If I'm born in June, it's in a different location.  And this room is imbued with the quality of the location that it is in, not the quality of its surroundings (ie, the other planets), but the quality of the place that it sits.  Then, there is the quality of its surroundings.  This, of course also impacts it.  Yet, won't how it interacts with/how it is affected by its surroundings differ depending on its own intrinsic nature (ie, its own location - what it itself is imbued with)?  Don't know if I can make it clearer than this.  It's just seeming to me that, by not including the Earth, in some way we are not including a key factor in some way.... some part of our physical reality...

Peace,
Ellen

If you see a chair in that room then you can identify that chair according to whatever wallpaper is behind it (the Sun is in Capricorn). However where are you? Well, you are not in Cancer just because the chair is in Capricorn. You can literally turn in any direction and see a different part of the room. If I was sitting on the chair looking at you, then I'd have a reference point to describe you. I'd say "Ah that Ellen, she is in front of the Cancer wall paper".

The very unique nature of your experience, being born in that room, is that you are literally in the center of the Universe. That exact spot, and no other spot, is the center of the Universe. To me that's really special.

I'm going to go a bit deeper with this...
Your natal chart corresponds to the particular transits that were happening at the very time and location of your birth. We know that the transits symbolize a holographic reality that is manifesting simultaneously on all cosms (personal, collective etc). Thus, the energetic circumstances of your birth, as symbolized by the total reality of your birth experience (people, emotions, drugs, traumas, foods, music, colors, smells, objects etc) is also a synchronistic reflection of your very own natal chart.

I've heard several times from doulas and midwives that the birth story is very clearly a reflection of the child's entire life.

So I wanted to share that as I feel it adds more spiritual dimensions to the significant meaning of the very room you were born.
Love
am

ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #28 on: Oct 17, 2010, 11:54 AM »

Hi Elllen,

I do appreciate this opportunity to contemplate and articulate these ideas from an evolutionary point of view. I don't want to hog this space with all my "own thoughts" as that is absolutely not why I'm here. So I'll just share bit more and then back out.

I am born in a room.  EVERYTHING in the room is the Earth.  Outside the room is the rest of the universe. This room sits in a very specific place in the universe.  And, depending on the date that I'm born, this place that it sits changes.  So, if I'm born in December, this room is in one location.  If I'm born in June, it's in a different location.  And this room is imbued with the quality of the location that it is in, not the quality of its surroundings (ie, the other planets), but the quality of the place that it sits. 

If I understand you- The surrounding planets qualify where it is. You see? Everything that is experienced from the point of view of wherever that room happens to be is what provides for that room any point of reference for itself.

Then, there is the quality of its surroundings.  This, of course also impacts it.

See above. There is no difference. Where the room is, is 100% qualified by it's surroundings.

Yet, won't how it interacts with/how it is affected by its surroundings differ depending on its own intrinsic nature (ie, its own location - what it itself is imbued with)?

How it interacts with/how it is affected by its surroundings is implied by where it happens to be. Where it is is understood by looking at where it is. If I'm following you correctly, in this analogy, whatever surrounds the room (the earth), symbolizes the entire zodiac belt and all the planets therein.

Another thought that comes to me about this: You, as a soul, carry with yourself, moment to moment during the entire life, the "core imprint" as described in your chart, which underlies the core evolutionary reasons for being here in the first place. Your unique essence as soul, and the soul's unique karmic and evolutionary dynamics are WHO YOU ARE. How that "you" is being experienced, is determined by what's going on in your life (transits, progressions etc) in combination with your own free will to become more conscious through your experiences. Wherever you happen to be, the soul is in the center of the Universe and is experiencing itself relative to how the entire universe is meeting itself in that particular moment of time/space here on earth.

Love
am
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #29 on: Oct 17, 2010, 12:09 PM »

Hi Ari,

Thank you so much.  I do appreciate what you are saying and how you are articulating this whole question from the perspective of EA.  There is still something nagging at me, though... more of a philosophical question, I think.  Robert Schmidt's "The Same and The Other" talks started to come to mind as I was reading through your last response.  So I suspect my query really is falling completely outside the realm of EA.  I won't pursue it further here.  But again, I truly appreciate the perspective you brought to my query.

Much peace,
Ellen
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video