School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Scorpio archetype

Started by Deva, Oct 17, 2010, 11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skywalker

Ari,
It seems normal that in a world that is in a state of almost total distortion of natural law, that people also distort the sexual aspect of life. I think that distorted aspects of sexuality as seen from the Scorpio point of view are assimilating power from the other person, of gaining some sort of security or social advancement, using another for self gratification etc.

A more natural approach or attitude would be of sharing on an emotional level. Opening up and accepting to be vulnerable while merging with another person in a spirit of giving and receiving.

Opening up in a positive way where sharing and valuing, with no use or manipulation can be quite beautiful and sacred in the sense that thru the act of sexual union, there will be a fusion of both people and their emotional bodies leading to an evolution of consciousness. Where thru the experience both people grow beyond their inherent limitations, being one with the other and closer to the source.

Sexuality lived in a natural, undistorted way creates more love in the world.
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Linda

It would be important to distinguish the difference between Scorpio expressions in the Consensus - Individuated - and Spiritual conditions.

What is the CORE archetype, expression or dynamic for this sign?

Is "power" an essential need?  

How can "merging" with and "absorbing" power from powerful symbols to effect osmosis be a spiritual expression?  

Could the intensity, passion and obsession be the unconscious way that drives the Scorpio archetype toward the transformation of the Soul?  

mountainheather

Hi Linda,
QuoteWhat is the CORE archetype, expression or dynamic for this sign?

transformation or transmutation of limits?

QuoteIs "power" an essential need?

cycles of power and powerlessness?

QuoteHow can "merging" with and "absorbing" power from powerful symbols to effect osmosis be a spiritual expression?

when we merge with symbols that reflect "source" our soul feels at home, deeply secure, with access to the limitless infinite aspect of our being that we remember.

QuoteCould the intensity, passion and obsession be the unconscious way that drives the Scorpio archetype toward the transformation of the Soul?  

Are the desires of the soul always unconscious until they register with either the moon, the nodes, or mars?  

Thanks for the food for thought Linda.
Heather

Linda

Hi Heather,

I loved your answers to those questions.

Are the desires of the soul always unconscious until they register with either the moon, the nodes, or mars?

Since the Scorpio archetype is perhaps the deepest most penetrating sign, it asks the "why" of anything and will naturally probe into its own psychology.  The intensity, passion and obsession could be the way this sign needs to operate - it has a Mars feel to it, like "pushing forward."  Mars is necessary to actualize the deepest Soul desires.  That is why Mars is considered to be the little brother of Pluto:  they really do work together.  Not sure about the Moon, but the Nodes operate consciously. 

Would anyone have anything to add to these thoughts?

Linda

Scorpio - 8th house - Pluto

Commitment
Fear of entrapment  
Spy
Betrayal
Compulsions
Obsessions
Fear of Vulnerability            
Fear of Intimacy
Sex
Shared resources
Resourcefulness
Paranoia

Power- Powerlessness            
Magic - Curses
Corrupt power
Manipulation
Loss
Abandonment
Merging
Metamorphosis
Alchemy
Taboo
Covert
Secret

Darkness
Sexual violence
Phobia
Priest / Priestess
Egypt
Intensity
Fascination
Macabre
Psychological
Violence
Evil
Destruction

[P. Walsh, EA Archetypes]

ari moshe

Hi Heather and Linda,

QuoteAre the desires of the soul always unconscious until they register with either the moon, the nodes, or mars?

Here's an excerpt from a little book I am working on:

"This impulse to evolve is entirely unconscious. The soul is not aware of itself in this way...
At a certain point the emotional information that a soul experiences leads to a new conscious awareness of its own dynamics. This awareness having previously been primarily unconscious.

The emotions give us all the pertinent information we can ever know about ourselves in any moment.
A soul has to become consciously aware of itself in such a way that it can evolve beyond its addictions, resistance, obsessions etc. This is what happens through the north node of the Moon. If a soul is only aware of itself through the filter of the south node of the Moon, then there is no self awareness that can possible include any information that would enable change from within (Pluto via its polarity point)."

You can think of the soul's desire an impulse that is literally UNTRANSLATABLE to the human experience. It's very intangible. If a soul is obsessed with making more money, to the point that in a Scorpionic way, it will do anything necessary to achieve the wealth it thinks it needs, that obsession is really just pointing the way to a deeper desire. We can ask "why" that obsession? And we can keep on asking why until we get to "why separation from God in the first place"?

In other words the soul may desire something, however that desire is just the result of an even deeper psychology, and that is just the result of an even deeper psychology. The desires of the soul are made conscious through the nodes and the Moon, however, as is the nature of desire, once one layer is worked through, there is always a deeper layer.

QuoteSince the Scorpio archetype is perhaps the deepest most penetrating sign, it asks the "why" of anything and will naturally probe into its own psychology.  The intensity, passion and obsession could be the way this sign needs to operate - it has a Mars feel to it, like "pushing forward."  Mars is necessary to actualize the deepest Soul desires.  That is why Mars is considered to be the little brother of Pluto:  they really do work together.  Not sure about the Moon, but the Nodes operate consciously.   

The Moon too. The Moon is actually what enables a soul to emotionally integrate the known identity with the unknown, moment to moment. Pluto via the nodes, and the nodal rulers are are all processed through the Moon on a moment to moment basis. And thus the polarity point to the Moon is a valuable point to consider as well.
Ari Moshe

Steve

First we have to remember that the symbol of Scorpio is the Soul itself.  That underlies everything.  Then we can look at the next sign, Sag, representing the Soul's attempts to understand the relationship between itself and the cosmos.  (houses 7 - 8 - 9 are relationship houses).

Scorpio, naturally square to Leo, is where the personality comes face to face with its own limitations.  Unlike Leo, which can feel invincible, by Scorpio we have experienced that there are NATURAL limits in life that we can not, by force of personality will or Soul, transcend.  They are limits by design, built into the archetypes of being a human being.  A silly example that just came to mind - when you buy a cordless phone that can have up to 3 separate handsets attached to it, no matter what you do or how much you try, you are not going to get a 4th handset to work with that phone.  

It is very much like that.  Except when we were born there was no carton that came with the birth that clearly stated this model can only have 3 extensions, all attempts to add a 4th or 5th will end in failure.

We don't KNOW what the limits are. We become aware that there are forces in Life that are bigger than I am, that I have no control over.  A major one is death.  From the perspective of the personality, death is bitter and the end.  Thus a Scorpio tendency to have an obsessive attraction-repulsion fascination with death.  In other words, anything that appears to be a limitation, Scorpio will endlessly test and push, trying to transcend or break through.  Through this process we become aware, slowly, of what the limits are.  That is the first step.  Few of us LIKE having limits.  We may become aware of them but we keep trying to break through them.  It comes down to gradually learning that the best approach is learning to creatively cooperate with those limits, as opposed to being in denial or anger or resistance that any exist in the first place.

On the deepest levels everything a Scorpio type does is an attempt to expand those limits.  Sex, in its purest form, is a way to come as close to temporarily merging two Souls as most of us are ever going to experience.  That experience pushes the boundaries of our limits - biology aside, that is a big part of the appeal the sexual experience has to humans.  

The REASONS why Scorpio wants to osmose things deeply within it is, again, to try to break through those perceived limits.  When it sees something - a person, a philosophy, a business - that appears to know something it doesn't know that it perceives as "if I knew that I would have fewer limits on me", it compulsively feels the urge to draw close to that source, to draw into itself in the fastest and deepest ways possible, the essence of what it sees as that source, trying to get beyond its inherent limitations.

(I started writing this yesterday in a moment of inspiration.  I didn't finish it before I got pulled onto something else.  Today the moment of inspiration has passed.  I am posting what I wrote yesterday although it is not complete)
Steve

Wendy

Quote from: Linda on Nov 19, 2010, 02:30 AM
Scorpio - 8th house - Pluto
Darkness
Sexual violence
Phobia
Priest / Priestess
Egypt
Intensity
Fascination
Macabre
Psychological
Violence
Evil
Destruction
[P. Walsh, EA Archetypes]

I'm curious as to why Egypt and not many other countries? 

Dhyana

I believe some other middle eastern countries are also considered SCORPIO, but I cant say which. I have heard the MID EAST correlated to SCORPIO. And based on my chart (my SN placement) and my own experience/sense of parts of my ancient past, I would have to say there are other MID EASTERN countries that correlate.

Steve

Actually, in Geodetics, the Mid-East correlates to Taurus.  (See the Geodetics map I posted in the other forum.)  When you think about how isolated and insular those countries tend to be you can see the correlation.

Not sure why Patricia correlated Scorpio with Egypt.  You should ask her.  Perhaps it has something to do with the ancient rituals and Mystery Schools that plumbed the depths of the mysteries of life and death.  Its not a Geodetic correlation, and that would not apply to other Mid-Eastern countries.

Dhyana

Steve, that is interesting to note -- so what would correlate to what I sense/experienced if it were not the SN?

Dhyana

And when I had my reading with Rad, my experiences were validated-- for he had said there were lives in those mid east cultures as well? hmmm? Is it the NN, or the VENUS in H10sag (authoritative/Taurus Ruler- -Mid East (religious /patriarchal authoritarian) Cultures?? ???

???

adina

I know that Wolf used to relate some of the signs to certain time periods in history following the astrological ages and sub-ages. I don't remember that he went through them in any sort of order, but he'd mention them from time to time, e.g., he DID teach that Scorpio IS related to ancient Egypt, and according to the Astrological Ages that he provided, Scorpio is the sub-age of the Taurus Age, with the Taurus Age covering from approximately 4420 - 3340 BCE, and the Scorpio Sub-age from about 3340 - 2260 BCE. So this could give a time span for lifetimes lived that relate to planets and nodes placed in Taurus/Scorpio. Leo, I think, was Atlantis, Lemuria, and the like.  Libra related to Ancient Rome and Greece. We are of course now finishing the Virgo sub-age of the Pisces Age, which I would think would relate to the Holy Land, and more - certainly Christianity.

Just consider some of the historical events that have transpired in the last 2000 years and you'll better understand WHY Virgo and Pisces stand for the sadomasochism, the "never good enough" syndrome, etc., etc. I remember that Sagittarius represents cultures that lived close to the land and according to NATURAL laws, while Gemini is more city-type living (although I'm not sure where I picked up the info on Gemini right at the moment). Cancer and Cap are Matrilineal and Patrilineal Ages. I realize that I don't have specific cultures or regions for most of these, but you can hopefully see how the signs relate to the Astrological Ages and Subages.  And if you read ACtual history, then you can start applying the events/cultures to the Ages.

Perhaps Rad or Deva can help fill in some of the blanks as far as cultures and/or geographical locations represented by the signs according to the Astro Ages.

I'm pretty sure Steve knows all this too and just didn't think about it. In the meantime, I hope this is a little bit of help.

Blessings,
Adina

Dhyana

Thank you adina. I guess I must have simplified and then concluded that my past in mid east correlated to my SN alone. Looks like there is a WHOLE lot more to consider then!  

One thing I cannot deny, is my own direct experience in this regard, but astrologically speaking, what it correlates to--well in that regard, I have much to discover from this paradigm. Apologies Wendy.

Apologies all, for taking that to mean scorpio relates to mid east.  :-\

I suppose I should just wait, slow down and check before I reply. I's a good lesson in refining for me though --lol.

Linda

Ari,

Thanks for sharing the excerpt from your new book.  Good luck with it!  This was especially enlightening:

A soul has to become consciously aware of itself in such a way that it can evolve beyond its addictions, resistance, obsessions etc. This is what happens through the north node of the Moon.

Steve,

Thanks for your inspirational post on understanding and evolving past limits through the Scorpio archetype.  This, too, was most enlightening.

Everyone,

We'll be commencing the Sagittarius Archetype thread very soon.  Steve will moderate in the background.  We're still in the process of confirming the new host for that thread.