Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Signs/Planets and music  (Read 918 times)
Upasika
Very Active Member

« on: Dec 01, 2010, 07:12 PM »

Hi all,

I recall that a while ago someone started a thead about what different music/songs best represent/reflect each sign/planet, but I've searched all I can and no results come up.

Does anyone know what the topic was, or can provide a link to the thread...?

thanks,
Upasika
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2010, 07:33 PM »

Hi Upasika,

From Search results, Rad mentioned something here...

http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,129.msg1454.html#msg1454

and here...

http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,264.msg3863.html#msg3863

but the topic does not seem to have been covered comprehensively from what I can find.

« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2010, 09:37 PM by Linda » Logged
Upasika
Very Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:16 PM »

Hi Linda and Ari,

Thanks for that, but it's not what I remember. There was a list of the signs, and each sign had a contemporary song by an artist (or several songs/artists) that various members had felt really epitomised the essence of the sign.

But I found like you, nothing like this shows up.

Either it's been deleted (but I cant see why it would've been), or my memory is playing tricks ... or perhaps I saw it in the archives ... I'll have a hunt round in there. But actually I'm sure it was on this MB, about a year or eighteen months ago.

Anyway thanks for trying..
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2010, 12:40 AM »

Upasika,

I've seen threads like that in other forums.  Perhaps you saw it somewhere else.  Good luck.  Do you wish to start up a thread along those lines here?  But, on the other hand, it may have little to do with EA.  
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2010, 12:48 AM by Linda » Logged
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2010, 03:27 AM »

Hi Upasika,

Did you find it?
I'd be interested in those songs.  Grin
Upasika
Very Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2010, 03:40 AM »

No Linda, nothing on this MB, nothing in the archives, haven't had time to search the web. Funny as I was so sure I saw it on an EA board not too long ago... but I will keep hunting and let you know if I find any treasures!
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2010, 03:48 AM »

Upasika,

Is this it?.............

Excerpts from Sajani's quote:
Leonard Cohen: Sept. 1, 1934; 6:45 AM EDT; Montreal, QU, Canada. As I recall, Wolf said his evolutionary stage is 1st stage spiritual.

Biography from Astrodatabank:

..................The pop icon, whose classic takes include "Bird on a Wire" and "Suzanne," does the cooking for the small community.

Raised by a well-to-do couple in Montreal, Leonard grew up in a house filled with music. As he grew older, he enjoyed a wide range of musical styles from commercial country and folk to synagogue music. During his teens, he had his first stint with a country group, "The Buckskin Boys." As a student at McGill, he gravitated toward poetry and prose, eventually gaining acclaim in Canada for his poems and two novels. The books did not sell well, so for income, Cohen returned to songwriting. Judy Collins soon bought his "Suzanne" for her 1966 album, "In My Life." His creaky baritone was distinctive enough that he was signed to a record contract himself by Columbia with a debut album in 1968, "Songs of Leonard Cohen." Sales were modest but critics hailed the collection.

During a period of deep depression in the '70s, Cohen began to embrace Zen. Turning to a friend who had an aura of calm, he was introduced by the friend to an old Zen teacher. He found the spiritual training rigorous. For a time, he worked in both worlds, the commercial world of music and the spiritual world of striving, until he finally yielded completely and moved to the Zen Center.

............His graceful, confessional songs have been described as "elegant, bittersweet mood music for the dark nights of the soul." A tribute album was released by A&M Records on 9/26/1995, "Tower of Song."

Grin
Upasika
Very Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2010, 02:30 PM »

Thanks Linda, but no I'd seen that, what I originally saw was like ..

Aries - Song/Artist, song/artist
Taurus - song/artist
Gemini - song/artist

... etc etc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: