School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Unaspected planets

Started by Linda, Dec 14, 2010, 04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

In EA is there any significance given to unaspected planets?  Thank you.

Rad

Hi Linda,

A planet with no aspects to it operates in a Uranian like way: meaning it is free to act in the ways, manifest in the ways, that it feels drawn to act and manifest that is not being 'conditioned' by any other planet(s) by way of no aspects to them. Thus, such a planet can act to help a Soul accelerate it's evolutionary journey because it is operating as an independent evolutionary force that is not bound by any other planet, archetype. Thus, it serves as a 'liberating' archetype from existing conditions within the Soul. From the point of view of EA it is then necessary to determine why the Soul has chosen to be born with a planet that has no other aspects to other planets. There is always a reason for anything.

God Bless, Rad

Linda

That's good to know.  Thank you Rad.

serban_p

Hi Linda, Rad,

Just one quick clarification question: by unaspected planets you mean no aspects whatsoever, irrespective of how "minor" an aspect might be and taking into consideration the allowed orbs for all the aspects? The reason why I am asking is because looking at the Aspects Diagram posted by Steve under the study materials section, there doesn't seem to be that much "free space" around the chart for all the other planets to land so as to have a given planet that is not making any aspects at all to other planets.

All the best,

Serban

Rad

Hi Serban,

It means no aspects whatsoever. Which is why such a thing is very rare. It is the same idea of a 'void of course' Moon.

God Bless, Rad

Linda

Serban, Rad,

I had been applying this to major aspects only, but of course the inconjunct for example is a very powerful minor aspect in itself.  I gauge how strong the Uranian flavour of an 'unaspected' planet is by the number of minor aspects it makes to other planets.  If it makes only one or two minor aspects, then it would have that Uranian flavour to some extent, but with many minor aspects (5,6,etc) and no major aspects, then the less Uranian it would be.  But of course it is good to learn from you Rad that this rule applies to NO aspects at all which is very rare (I've never seen that).  Thanks for bringing up your further question Serban for it helped to clarify this matter.

Steve

Linda,

The inconjunct is a pretty major "minor" aspect.  It is a powerful and significant evolutionary gateway.

dissolved

I'm looking at chart with what appears to be an unaspected Aquarius Mars, no aspects whatsoever to any planet, but it is in a tight square to the MC/IC. Wouldn't Mars still be considered an unaspected planet though? 

Steve

Quote from: dissolved on Jan 19, 2011, 07:56 PM
I'm looking at chart with what appears to be an unaspected Aquarius Mars, no aspects whatsoever to any planet, but it is in a tight square to the MC/IC. Wouldn't Mars still be considered an unaspected planet though? 

yes