School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

THE TRANSITING NODES: ACTUAL AND APPARENT EVOLUTIONARY ISSUES

Started by Rad, Jan 14, 2011, 02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ari moshe

Hi all,

I am starting to do some scientific observation and correlation in order to gain a deeper depth of understanding of the transiting nodes. I have 4 questions that I am addressing in my research:

1. The transiting south node symbolizes the past that is coming to a head in the present moment. The house and sign of the transiting sn, and the total condition of the planetary ruler of that sign in signifies the total nature of the past that is conditioning the current reality. The natal south node of the moon of course correlates to what has become intimately known and familiar to the soul. In transit, the sn naturally corresponds to past circumstances that have conditioned the soul's perception (moon) of the present moment. This is not a bad thing or something to move beyond necessarily - it is simply what it is. What are some of the tangible experiences/inner processes that can be observed during the transit of the sn through a sign and house, in combination with the condition of its planetary ruler? What's the evolutionary intent of the sn through any sign and house?

2. When it comes to the north node, we are looking at an emerging evolutionary possibility for the soul. The natal north node of the Moon signifies a self image that the soul can develop through the sheer willingness and desire to evolve beyond its limitations. This new self image enables the soul to see itself, and thus the very life it living, in a way that will actually enable change from within (PPP). The transiting north node of the Moon thus represents the potential future that is emerging for the soul as it represents how evolution can proceed at that time. What are some of the observed inner/outer experiences during the transit of the nn through a house and sign in combination with the condition of its planetary ruler? What's the evolutionary intent of the nn through any sign and house?

3. The natal phasal relationship between the rulers of the transiting nodes are obviously emphasized during the entire 18 months of a nodal transit through any polarity. How is that relationship emphasized during those 18 months?

This will naturally emphasize the soul's current relationship to the past - the known, and the unknown - the future. My sense is that because those planetary rulers DO NOT innately have a direct implication with the past or the future (unless they themselves happen to be the rulers of the natal lunar nodes for example) the current nodal cycle will directly point to specific past/past life dynamics that are coming to a head as specifically symbolized by the dynamic of the nodal rulers. This seems to emphasize a certain quality of soul work at a certain period of time. I would like to do more observing of this.

4. An entire nodal cycle is 18+ years. During which time there are key nodal transits to the natal nodes such as:
Nodal opposition (9 years, 27 years), nodal return (18ish years), Nodal squares (about 14 and 23 years)
And we also have the various nodal semi squares and sesquiquadrates.
- What is the observed orb for these transits?
- Based on the various conditions of the natal nodes (relive, fruition, mix) what is the experience of these nodal transits?

So I have some very fundamental but deep questions about the nodes that I would like to address by gathering more actual data. Of course I will share everything here as I progress in my research.

I was thinking about continuing to work with obama's chart, however I feel that because I cannot have direct interface with his actual inner reality, it might be more productive for me to work with a few real life case studies. If you would like to offer yourself as a case study, please personally get in touch with me. this would require you to answer various questions and reflect on your past.
Thank you and God bless,
Ari Moshe

ari moshe

Hello Community,

Thank you so much to those who have worked with me on this nodal research. I am at a point where I would like to share some of what I've been observing.

1. For nodal aspects there is approximately a 5/6ish month orb. This makes sense as the transiting nodes move approximately 10 degrees every 6 months.

2. The transiting nodes as they are drawing from the past and also portending the possible future, often symbolize fated or "timed" experiences that the soul programs into its life. A way to understand this is by looking at your own natal nodes. Is it not true that the natal sn will symbolize various dynamics from that past - that either need to be relived and resolved, or symbolize some sort of karmic fruition? Furthermore, the natal north node, as it is the vehicle for the soul's evolution closer to Source, will often times symbolize various circumstances that arise on the soul's path based on the soul's karmic readiness to move forward.

In the same way, the transiting nodes mean the same thing. The most obvious example of course would be when the transiting nodes form tight aspects to the natal nodes. For example on my nodal return, when the transiting nn was on my Gemini nn I was given various books and met various people that had the effect of opening my mind and initiating a path that I was at that time ripe to walk in this life. I was also kicked out from and choose to leave various religious social groups that I was a part of (sn in sag conj Uranus and Jupiter).

3. What's pretty non linear about the transiting nodes, is that there are various factors to take into account when interpreting them. First of all, as I stated above, various dynamics must be relived or brought forth. The nn moving through a particular house, if that house points to strong karma to be resolved, can often initiate various experiences that have the potential to lead to a re-evaluation of oneself. In the same way, the sn transiting through a particular house can truly symbolize a state of fruition and various gifts or circumstances from the soul's past that will support its journey in this life.

4. In all cases, the nodal axis, in conjunction with their planetary rulers and the phasal relationship between those rulers/ how they fit within the overall ea context of the chart, does symbolize choice. Choice, in the ultimate sense is Pluto - as it correlates to the choice to either separate or return: to cooperate or resist evolutionary necessity. The transiting nodes are the moment to moment dynamics impacting upon the choice of the soul to either picture itself according to the past, which would serve as a defacto way of avoiding evolutionary neccesity, or to embrace what is being offered the soul right now as symbolized by the nn.

5. One of my biggest questions has been "what does it look like". That's been hard for me because, unlike Saturn which is very tangible to observe, and the progressed moon which is also very tangible, the lunar nodes in transit SEEM to express in a less consistent and predictable way. The reasons for this have been stated above:

First of all, they are a polarity - each side symbolizing an entire end of a spectrum (past and future). Second, how they are integrated is very much contingent upon the karmic dynamics of the sign/house and planetary rulers of that axis as well as the choice of the soul to evolve or not.

The transiting lunar symbolizes karmic dynamics that are coming to a head NOW. So, the transiting sn in the 10th house for example, will in some way have to do with the soul's role in society, it's social obligations, it's family history and other 10th house correlations. Karmic dynamics, whether fruition or re-live, that relate to that house are coming to a head in every moment of the soul's life as long as that sn is transiting through the 10th house. It's literally just like the natal sn however it obviously does not carry the defacto meaning of being the vehicle for natal pluto that the natal south node has.

Like all things, interpreting the transiting nodes gets easier with practice.

So if there is interest here and the moderators are ok with it, I would like to post some very basic examples of transiting nodes. I will start with transiting nodal aspects to the natal nodes. I would be involved in this on and off as my schedule permits over the next couple months or so.

Please let me know if you are interested in following along/responding/asking q's to further develop our understanding of the transiting lunar nodes. If there is interest and the moderators approve, we will continue to work with Obama's chart.
Thank you, God bless,
Ari Moshe

Rad

ari moshe

Hi Rad, before I go any further, I have a question. I appreciate whatever guidance you offer here.

Currently the transiting sn is in Gemini in Obama's 4th, planetary ruler being Mercury in Leo in the 6th, and the nn is in Sag in Obama's 10th, planetary ruler being Jupiter in Aquarius in the 12th. I'm having trouble seeing the correlations with the transiting nodes, in a clear and tangible way (meaning I feel like I can make it up, but I don't feel the absolute clarity around it). I feel, at a core, this is because I do not fully understand the nature of Obama's skipped step. So I'm going to start here by focusing on just that and continue by way of your feedback.

His own natal Moon in Gemini is squaring the nodes, and is ruled by Mercury in Leo in the 6th which is in a full phase opposition with Jupiter in Aquarius in his 12th as well as Saturn in Capricorn in his 12th, all of which forms a T square to his Neptune in Scorpio in the 9th which is the ruler of Chiron which is conjunct his sn and square the Moon as well. The IC itself is ruled by Venus in Cancer in the 5th, which in turn is ruled by that Gemini Moon along with Pluto. I'm going to try my best here and let that guide the way...

This Moon points to an egocentric structure that finds security through mental linear understanding - feeling at home through the mind. Also means his early life nurturing involved a wide exposure to experiences/multi streams of data. Thus this is a soul that has a strong interest and curiosity about MANY things: languages, cultural fads, customs, just learning in general. His own mother in this current life was an exemplification of that - she traveled so much and in many ways his own home life was incredibly mutable - exposing him to diversity. It was also lacking in emotional continuity as his mother was not stable. We can understand from this chart the vulnerability and feeling of abandonment this soul comes into this life with (Moon in Gemini in 4th squaring Chiron and Pluto).

Coming into this life, this skipped step points to the intention for this soul to focus on his personal life, and not let it be unadressed by way of his special purpose. It implies a deep vulnerability and fear/memory of loss based on his personal life having been scattered and all over the place - not allowing a depth of emotional connection to his family (Gemini in 4th). The ruler of his 4th house Moon is Merury in Leo in the 6th house, that Mercury is in a T square with the 12th and 9th houses, Jupiter and Neptune. This implies that his home has been a place for writing, and reflecting. Having good organization, spacially and mentally, that allows him to write and focus on his vision/purpose. Relative to the square to the nodes, it implies that for this soul, home was also a place of crisis where he had not the chance to nurture his emotional needs. This means that his writing and organization, and in general how he prepared and worked on his special purpose, as well as his research (Leo in the 6th ruling Moon in Gemini) has also required emotional dissociation, which lead to a scattered presence for his family and various emotional needs not being met which resulted in inner emotional chaos that he related to by maintaining a very busy and active mind.

On a personal level this would express as a soul that totally thinks himself out of his actual emotional experience on the basis of there being so much work to do/things to think about and organize.

Integrating this skipped step means making the choice to heal his relationship with his family, which means working on his personal past of loss that may have been repressed and forgotten entirely (Uranus). Relative to the first quarter square with the sn, this requires him to break free from who he is supposed to be and what he is supposed to do - to make new choices in that regard. Meaning the space becomes clear for him to fully actualize his purpose and be a householder at the same time - to be who he actually is. Noting also that his IC is Taurus whih squares the nodes, and is ruled by Venus in Caner in the 5th, which in turn is ruled by the Gemini Moon. This seems to add more dimension to the unresolved dynamics around his personal home life.

Rad, I sense there is more to this, something that has directly to do with his political purpose, even though it's the Moon in the 4th. I know that 10th house is nation, on an individual chart, does the 4th house have a correspondence to one's identity relative to the nation? This is where I feel I am missing something in interpreting his chart"¦

With what I am able to discern, I will now look at the transiting nodes:
With the transiting south node in his 4th house in Gemini, ruled by Mercury in Leo in the 6th, this would signify a time when the emotional fracturing this soul has experienced would be coming to a head. There will be a strong pressure, and based on the natural resistance to change, the likelihood that he would be developing a scattered relationship with his family and home life now as deep feelings of loss arise in him. Based on the natural "relive" dynamic of the transiting sn, the opportunity now is to resolve this and focus on his role as a nurturer and how to get his own needs met. Otherwise he may experience great stress through his nervous system.

The transiting north node in sag in his 10th, ruled by Jupiter in Aquarius in the 12th conj Saturn and squaring Neptune in Scorpio in the 9th. This is a signature for him to focus on his role in society, the responsibilities he is here to uphold- which naturally points to bringing a greater spiritual ethics into the mainstream. Thus dynamics around social judgements, what he is and isn't allowed to say, tuning in to a HIGHER TRUTH and trusting this higher truth, his connection to this truth, and following the calling in the appropriate way.

Noting that the rulers of the transiting nodes are in a full phase opposition implies he is to throw off any dynamics that do not support him in following and rising up to his social/spiritual role. This would relate to the words he is speaking and how he communicates it, as well as the formulation of his vision and message in the first place. The space that he creates to organize all of this within his own home, given the natural rulership of Mercury to his Moon, really emphasizes his private personal life and all the skipped step dynamics above, as it supports or does not support his public role.

God bless,
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

"Rad, I sense there is more to this, something that has directly to do with his political purpose, even though it's the Moon in the 4th. I know that 10th house is nation, on an individual chart, does the 4th house have a correspondence to one's identity relative to the nation? This is where I feel I am missing something in interpreting his chart"¦"

The correspondence to one's 4th House identity to the nation is defined by the 'social role' that any of us have in the context of the societies/ countries that we live in. For Obama in the life of Obama that has correlated to first his education as a lawyer which then became one of a social or community organizer wherein he desired to help others  in need organize themselves so as to become a social force that allowed their needs to be met. From there he desired to enter into politics at a state level for essentially the same reasons, and from there to the U.S. Senate. So his individual identity was bound up with his social role. And, from there, he desired and became the President of the USA.

With his Moon square his S.Node in the 1st in Aquarius one can see so clearly how he saw himself from within himself, his own identity, that is linked with these social purposes and causes. This is of course restated with his Moon in trine to his Jupiter in Aquarius in the 12th. His Moon also squares his N.Node in Leo in the 7th, ruled by his 6th House Sun, his inner identity being linked with his desire to be of service to a larger whole manifesting as work function. With the ruler of his S.Node conjunct his N.Node, and his Moon also squaring this, we can see that the prior life dynamics have been brought forwards into the current life because of the various kinds of skipped steps that you have rightly understood: the need to recreate these dynamics in order to recover the skipped steps.

His Moon is also square his Pluto which is the ruler of his 10th House and that Pluto is conjunct his N.Node. This of course is the symbol for social positions of great power linked with being of service to a larger whole. In the prior life where he was Lincoln this lead to him being shot in the head during his second term. Because he was killed that of course did not allow him to finish his Presidency as well as working out all the other dynamics that lead to his skipped steps. So in this life he has the opportunity to do just that. He is approaching the next election that could lead to his second term again, and the need/ desire to complete it. Thus the transiting Nodes that you have pointed out are of course leading to exactly that. At the time of the election itself in the USA the transiting Nodes will be at 26 Taurus/ Scorpio has would have just crossed into this 3rd/9th but remain conjunct the cusps on his 4th and 10th, AND SQUARING HIS NATAL NODES. The opportunity is at hand for his Soul to recover those skipped steps.

When Lincoln one his second term it was by a very, very close vote. Given all the voter laws now being manipulated in the USA by the Republicans in all kinds of ways, even trying to change in some states how the electoral votes are distributed, it very well could be a very, very close vote again.

God Bless, Rad

Wendy

I too would like to participate in this thread Ari...great idea.  Thank you.

Wendy

ari moshe

Hi Rad, thank you for your response. I've been reading over your response many times. I have some more questions as I feel the need for more guidance here:

Is this skipped step linked to a fracturing in his own self image? This fracturing leading to an inner duplicity - being inconsistent in how he pictures his own purpose which translates to not communicating the important message he is here to share, and based on the nature of that message, the actual social change he is here to enact?

Since the Moon squares the nodes with the ruler of sn Uranus conj the nn and Pluto which is squaring the MC, the ruler of the Moon th squaring Neptune and opposing Jupiter in 12th which is conj Saturn, would the emotional fracturing would have something to do with the identity that he formed in order to fit into various political groups or sects of people that related to his purpose and the work he has been given to do - this creating a confusion as to who he actually was, and what his purpose/appropriate work actually was?

Will you guide me in putting it all together, as I feel that the meaning of his Moon in the context of his ea signatures is still not totally clicking for me yet. Thank you so much,
God bless,
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

In prior lives, as well as in this one, he needed to meet the needs of many different kinds of people which then lead to an 'apparent' duplicity as perceived by others. Within himself he did not feel 'fractured' but more 'torn' between many different factions of people, and society. Yet, at the core of his Soul was his deepest intention then, and now, which is to preserve the 'union' of the country itself. As an example in the life of Lincoln, within himself, he hated the reality of slavery. Yet in order to preserve the union of the country at that time he was willing to allow for certain states to sustain slavery. But this, of itself, is not a 'skipped step'. The symbols you are pointing out, and the questions within them, simply manifest in this way.

The actual skipped steps are what I have already pointed out, and the one's you have pointed out as well in your original post.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi Rad, I have now clarified another point of great confusion. It relates to the Gemini Moon. You have said that this does not imply duplicity, but the appearance of duplicity that others will project onto Obama. I can see that symbolism with the 7th house/Uranus connection.

However looking at the decisions this man has made, he has gotten involved and become responsible for some serious karma in this country and world. Assuming his ea stage is latter third individuated, his actions are simply not aligned with his natural ethics. This is something I do not understand.

Looking at his chart, my own interpretation is that he has lost connection with his primary intention and has tried too hard to find balance between all the different groups to the point that he has violated natural ethics. As a result, this is creating a great degree of stress and impacting, as it has before, his own personal family life and personal relationships.

How can we understand the decisions he has made as president of the united states from an evolutionary point of view? As the nodes move through his 10th and 4th house, its deeply clear that nature of dynamics are coming to a head as elections come about. The planetary ruler of Sag in his 10th his Jupiter in Aquarius conj Saturn in Capricorn, in the 12th house and squaring Neptune: the revolution that is just beginning in this country.

These signatures point to the hiding of his truth and the necessity of that hiding based on the nature of the society he was working with and the role he played. The tension has been to create more freedom for all people while working within a social structure where 70 percent of the souls are operating on the level of consciousness that is opposed to any notion of true liberation. Do these signatures ultimately imply the evolutionary lesson to discern clearly how to be honest at all costs - to come out of hiding about his actual truth, to support rebellion, to speak and support the majority of souls that are not supported by the oligarchy and let whatever happens as a result of that happpen?

Is he simply waiting for the "timing" to be right. Anyone with a well enough individuated consciousness is able to "predict" the inevitability of rebellion and revolution. So perhaps he has been waiting for the right conditions?

This is all so complex. Either he is incredibly evolved soul that has a deep understanding of karma that he will even put people to death and support absolutely unethical legislation knowing and understanding a higher purpose behind all of it, or he is not.

His autobiography does indeed suggest third individuated - its clear by way of his community activism what this soul truly values. It just seems that he has gone deeply astray which to me would be symbolized by his Gemini moon squaring the nodes.
God bless
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

Obama is dealing with essentially the same social and psychological forces and realities that Lincoln also had to deal with with is why in the USA at this time there seems to be yet another Civil War taking place: a psychological civil war based on the two distinct types of human beings that are in conflict with one another.

Lincoln in the form of Obama is essentially trying to preserve the Union itself so that it does not devolve yet again into an actual civil war in which these two types of human beings physically fight with one another. This desire for union is at the core of his Soul as symbolized by her Saturn and Jupiter in his 12th House, his Moon forming trines to each. In order to actualize such a desire he through necessity must engage both type of humans in the form of the politics of each in order to affect conflict resolution: this is his Pluto, N.Node, and Uranus in his 7th, squaring his Gemini Moon. This is further evidenced in the planetary ruler of his Moon, Mercury, being in Leo in his 6th, and in opposition to his Saturn/Jupiter. This is then reflected in his desire for pragmatic solutions based on compromise: going back to his 7th House planets and the N.Node. His Neptune in Scorpio in the 9th, receiving the squares from his Jupiter/Saturn and Mercury further reflects his core desire for sustaining the union at all costs which is rooted in his 'belief', 9th House, that both types of humans reflected in the political parties, share, 7th House Pluto, N.Node, and Uranus, a desire to what is right on behalf of the country itself.

This is preciously where his own ongoing disillusionment is most deeply experienced by him as he realized, yet again, that his Soul assumption in which both type of humans want the best for the country no matter what the difference might be between these two types of humans. And it is because of this emotional assumption, his Moon in Gemini in the 4th trining the Saturn/Jupiter in the 12th, that the disillusionment takes place as he realizes yet again that one of these types of  humans does not share in that assumption.  This is then symbolized by the his Moon inconjuncting his Neptune, and the ruler Mercury in the 6th in square to that Neptune and in opposition to his Saturn and Jupiter: the Soul's need to create crisis so as to be disillusioned and thus aligned WITH ACTUAL REALITY.

And that actual reality is that one of these two types of humans does not desire to compromise so as to preserve not only the union of the country, but to focus on what the country needs. This group is actually defined by dominance and submission which is a Virgo and 6th House archetype. This group thus wants to force the other group to live a 'reality' that only reflects what they think in right and wrong.

So his ethics is rooted in trying to preserve the union at all costs in which is must try to compromise between the two types of  humans in order for that union  to be sustained. It is exactly this that then gives rise the the appearance of duplicity, and the appearance by those that do no know how and why he is operating in the ways that he does, to selling out to a variety of principles that he himself has stated as his own ideals: his 9th House Neptune in Scorpio. This Neptune is ruled by his Pluto in Virgo in the 7th and thus the compromising of those ideals in order to affect pragmatic solutions in order to sustain the whole. And of course that Pluto is squaring his Moon as does his N.Node and Uranus: all the projections he receives by those that do not know why and what he is trying to do, and for what reasons.

The core of his Soul is defined by the natural law of 'giving, sharing, and inclusion'. The symbolism in his chart speaks for itself in this regard. It is defined by the 'common good'. It is defined by the least among us being given a helping hand in order to improve oneself. Obviously in the USA at this time he and the group of humans that reflect these natural principles are in conflict with the other group who is all about self interest and exclusion: dominance and submission. Thus, the utterly rampant greed that defines these types of humans. What is beginning now in the USA in the form of all the oppressed people beginning, just beginning with Uranus now in Aries, as it has in many other parts of the world, are rising up against this other group who are nothing but self appointed Zarathustra's. But these Zarathustra's currently have all the power in the form of the money that they control, and the political systems they corrupt because of that money. In the USA the 'occupy Wall St' is the beginning of the protest amongst the 'downtrodden' and left behind, of those trampled by the absolute greed of this other type of human.

Soon Obama's progressed Moon will go into Aries. Through synastry with the USA chart it will be in it's 11th House with the increasing transit of Uranus. This Uranus transit of course is squaring the transiting Pluto in the USA's 8th House: the corporations.  As you have begun to see already Obama will progressively be in total alignment with the type and group of humans that are defined by 'giving, sharing, and inclusion'. That is his own heart and Soul. And this will happen because of the necessary disillusionment, yet again, that this other type of human does not want to compromise, does not want to work together for the common good of the country itself. As a result, you can expect Obama to increasingly to become more intense, more warrior like, in restating the original vision he offered to the USA when he ran for the presidency in the first place.

And, like Lincoln had to deal with, he will be subjected to a variety of social forces represented in this other group that wants total dominance and submission defined by their personal greed. They will do all that they can do to crush him. They will do this by changing the voting laws so as to rig the election, to change how the electoral votes are proportioned in key states that will benefit them, by being able to rig voting machines to their advantage, and of course through the corporately owned media in the USA. Many in the USA do not remember that Lincoln was the only president to actually declare martial law. And one of the reasons he did that was to prevent the media of that time from creating the lies and propaganda necessary to defeat him: to destroy the country itself. He did this in order to sustain the union of the country at all costs. This is his core 'ethics'.

God Bless, Rad 

ari moshe

Hi all,

Given the recent foot in mouth comments Todd Akin has made, I checked out his chart with the transits and this is a great example of what can happen when the transiting north node moves over the natal south node.

This along with Neptune squaring his own nodes as well. That Neptune in Pisces is ruled by his own natal Neptune in Libra which is receiving the cardinal square by Uranus and Pluto at this time as well.

I could not find his time so I posted a noon chart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M09iWwKiDsA Comments are made after the 2 minute mark.