School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Pluto square Nodes

Started by Linda, Apr 20, 2009, 10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

Hi Deva, Rad, everyone:

Without going into the planetary nodes just yet  ;D  I'd like to grasp the principles behind Pluto square the Nodal Axis.

(Example:  10th house Pluto - SN 7th - NN 1st)

My understanding is:

Pluto Polarity + North Node + NN Ruler are to be integrated through the SN. 

Is Pluto square the Nodes due to missed steps in the past? 
Is the SN still evolving?
Is the SN area where I missed the steps?

Transiting Pluto will exactly conjunct my Venus (ruler of SN) in January 2010. 

I'm quite anxious to understand the meaning behind it all - so that I can work with the transit.

Your guidance and knowledge are greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Deva

Hi Linda, I can help with understanding the basics of Pluto square the nodes. It symbolizes that the Soul has skippped steps prior to the current life that must be recovered in the current life in order for personal growth to continue. The node that last formed a conjunction to Pluto is the "resolution" node, or the node that will be used to integrate and resolve the skipped steps (if the South Node last formed a cojunction to Pluto then the South Node and it's planetary ruler will be used to integarte the current evolutionary lessons symbolized by Pluto's polarity point and the NN). In the case of Pluto square the nodal axis the Soul has not fully developed the lessons reflected by either of the nodes and so has skipped steps to resolve in both areas (NN and SN). The Soul has attempted to evade or escape these lessons by fluxating back and forth between the behaviors of the South Node and the North Node (so neither area has been fully resolved or developed). In the current life then, the Soul must fully recover or resolve those skipped steps (it is a critical evolutionary juncture for any Soul that has this natal signature).
In terms of transits,  transits symbolize critical times from an evolutionary point of view where the core lessons in the natal chart are emphasized to be resolved, and growth is intended to occur in an accleterated/intensifed manner. The specific transit will of course reflect the core dynamcis to be worked upon. The example you gave is great of pluto in aspect to Venus which is the PR of your South node with natal Pluto sqaure the nodal axis.
These are general points that I hope help answer some of your questions.
Thanks for posting.
Deva   

Linda

Thanks Deva,

It's immensely interesting to know that both the South and North Node lessons need to be developed.

I look forward to core lessons being resolved and for growth to occur during the Pluto conjunct Venus transit. 

Many thanks indeed.

Rad

Quote from: Linda on Apr 21, 2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks Deva,

It's immensely interesting to know that both the South and North Node lessons need to be developed.

I look forward to core lessons being resolved and for growth to occur during the Pluto conjunct Venus transit. 

Many thanks indeed.

HI Linda,

One thing I would add about your nodal axis with the Pluto square is that anytime one's sees the nodal axis in the 7th/1st , or 1st/7th , is an underlying EMOTIONAL PARADOX that needs to be identified in order for the skipped steps, the Pluto square, to be resolved. The nature of that emotional paradox is one wherein the individual has two opposing emotional needs. One is for an almost absolute freedom, and the other is one of almost absolute relationship. Obviously these needs, desires, go in opposite directions. And because of this underlying emotional paradox the person then chooses partners in which only some of the core needs are met. It's like finding bits and pieces of the overall needs in each on of these kinds of  partners. This is an unconscious way of creating 'exit points' so that freedom, independence, can occur again. The way to resolve that is to identify all the the core and essential needs and then making a relationship choice in that knowledge.

Rad

Linda

Quote from: Rad on Apr 22, 2009, 12:31 PM

HI Linda,

One thing I would add about your nodal axis with the Pluto square is that anytime one's sees the nodal axis in the 7th/1st , or 1st/7th , is an underlying EMOTIONAL PARADOX that needs to be identified in order for the skipped steps, the Pluto square, to be resolved. The nature of that emotional paradox is one wherein the individual has two opposing emotional needs. One is for an almost absolute freedom, and the other is one of almost absolute relationship. Obviously these needs, desires, go in opposite directions. And because of this underlying emotional paradox the person then chooses partners in which only some of the core needs are met. It's like finding bits and pieces of the overall needs in each on of these kinds of  partners. This is an unconscious way of creating 'exit points' so that freedom, independence, can occur again. The way to resolve that is to identify all the the core and essential needs and then making a relationship choice in that knowledge.

Rad

Rad,

This is amazing information!  It exactly describes my dilemma.  I am indeed stuck in the middle between absolute relationship and absolute freedom!  I now have a VERY strong desire for relationship as transiting Pluto approaches my Venus (ruler of SN).  I do tend to pick partners that in no way want a committed relationship.

I will attest to the fact that the 1st/7th or 7th/1st axis relates to an emotional paradox.  What I have decided is this: 

Freedom within a relationship and/or to have a relationship within my free status.  I aspire toward the self-sufficient relationship archetype.

Your quote:  The way to resolve that is to identify all the core and essential needs and then making a relationship choice in that knowledge.

This is an ideal resolution. 

Thank you SO much!   :-*

Dhyana

Hi All,
I have been working (practicing) on a lot of charts over the last few months, finding that it is in practicing with these charts, that I am learning so much, and my intuition is being honed... more trustworthy.

What I have been practicing is the basics of EA. By that I mean that I am basically staying with Pluto, it's polarity point  North and South Nodes and squares to the nodes. I have not been able to go too much further than this, for now. I am finding that just working with this much, and sharing it with those who inquire, in and of itself, is so rich, so useful and so profound for people. EA has touched so many in my life; and they all thank you so much!

Let me now get to my question, I am quoting Deva's text below because I have a question about PLUTO SQUARE THE NODES.

I am currently working on a chart of a first stage spiritual person (definately sure about stage), who has a Pluto in Virgo conjuncting the Ascendant, Squaring the NODES. Nn is in Scorpio H3, Sn Taurus H9.
CORRECTION ADDED= North Node4TH and  South Node10TH

Deva mentions below that we must find the node that last formed a conjunction to Pluto, and that this is the  "resolution" node, or the node that will be used to integrate and resolve the skipped steps. Well, I do not know how to figure this out. My understanding, practice and experience thus far has been only the basics as I described above. Might someone help me with this and help me to understand his Pluto and it's aspect more?

This man whose chart this is, is such a beautiful soul who brings such healing and love to so very many people and for me to even have the honor of looking into his chart touches me deeply --and because his life touches SO MANY others lives, I want to be sure I give him the  most accurate information I can, as I do for all I have connected with  EA, but this ;Pluto square the nodes, I am unsure?

PS. I just tried to attach his chart to this message, but it said the file was too large, and I cannot figure out how to make it smaller?  hmmm? I have had this trouble before, so I wonder if it has to do with me using a MAC?
With that said, would someone so kindly, consider posting the chart for me? His birth data is as follows:
Dec.28, 1956
9PM (i am certain time is ACCURATE and not guessed or rounded off)
Washington DC
We can use his initials B.P.P. for name

Thank you so much for any support.

Dhyana

Quote from: Deva on Apr 21, 2009, 10:33 AM
Hi Linda, I can help with understanding the basics of Pluto square the nodes. It symbolizes that the Soul has skippped steps prior to the current life that must be recovered in the current life in order for personal growth to continue. The node that last formed a conjunction to Pluto is the "resolution" node, or the node that will be used to integrate and resolve the skipped steps (if the South Node last formed a cojunction to Pluto then the South Node and it's planetary ruler will be used to integarte the current evolutionary lessons symbolized by Pluto's polarity point and the NN). In the case of Pluto square the nodal axis the Soul has not fully developed the lessons reflected by either of the nodes and so has skipped steps to resolve in both areas (NN and SN). The Soul has attempted to evade or escape these lessons by fluxating back and forth between the behaviors of the South Node and the North Node (so neither area has been fully resolved or developed). In the current life then, the Soul must fully recover or resolve those skipped steps (it is a critical evolutionary juncture for any Soul that has this natal signature).
In terms of transits,  transits symbolize critical times from an evolutionary point of view where the core lessons in the natal chart are emphasized to be resolved, and growth is intended to occur in an accleterated/intensifed manner. The specific transit will of course reflect the core dynamcis to be worked upon. The example you gave is great of pluto in aspect to Venus which is the PR of your South node with natal Pluto sqaure the nodal axis.
These are general points that I hope help answer some of your questions.
Thanks for posting.
Deva    

Upasika

Here we go Dhyana ... but I notice the Nodes are 10th / 4th. Have I got all the birth details right?

Dhyana

THANKS ;D Upasika!  And yes, u have it correct! i was tired and looked at it wrong -- U r correct --NODES are 4th and 10th

Dhyana

...so how does one go about finding the last conjunction? ..that leads us to understand the  resolution?
And with him being a 1st house Pluto, it should be quite interesting.

thanks again

dhyana

Upasika

Dhyana,

Imagine the chart as a large circle on the floor. Go and stand at the point where the planet squaring the Nodes is (in this case Pluto, so "stand" on that spot) and face into the center of the circle (chart).

(In this case when you do this you would see Pallas on the other side of the circle, opposite you)

Now, look to the Node that is to your left. In this case that is the South Node. THAT is the Node that the squaring planet (in this case Pluto) is applying to, and therefore the resolution Node.

_will

Quote from: Dhyana on Aug 06, 2010, 06:16 AM
...so how does one go about finding the last conjunction? ..that leads us to understand the  resolution?
And with him being a 1st house Pluto, it should be quite interesting.

thanks again

dhyana

Great visual Upasika.  For me, retrograde motion always seemed to confuse my brain, so what I've found to work is as follows:  if you have access to solarfire or some other software that can animate the chart into the past or future, you can rewind backwards until you literally watch and see which node it was that last formed a conjunction to Pluto (or whichever planet was squaring the nodal axis).  Hope that helps.

Will

Dhyana

Thanks again Upasika. And thank you Will.

Now I am getting even more confused bc if the resolution lies in the SN Taurus, then what do I make of the North Node as a given resolution point for a soul in general?

Whenever this kind of thing shows up in a chart (where the resolution and the seperating desires are similar or in the same house or sign) I have gotten stumped.

Thanks for anything that might help me understand this..

Dhyana

Steve

Dhyana

QuoteNow I am getting even more confused bc if the resolution lies in the SN Taurus, then what do I make of the North Node as a given resolution point for a soul in general?

The NN is not a resolution point for a Soul, it is the path of evolutionary intent.  Those are two entirely different things.

The only place in EA the idea of a resolution point is found is with skipped steps.  The definition of a skipped step is the Soul has been skipping back and forth from the SN to the NN to the SN to the NN, completing neither of them.  This has become a habitual behavior pattern.  In order to break the habit pattern, one of the nodes has to be developed to a completeness.  How do you know which one?  That is what the resolution node is.

I visualize it as there are a series of knots that are jamming things up.  The resolution node is the key knot that when untied allows all the other knots to be more easily released.  Until it is released its not possible to have consistent movement towards the NN, which is the evolutionary intention.

Another frequent astrological misconception to clear up is we are not trying to leave the SN behind and move exclusively to the NN.  There is no way to completely leave the SN behind - it is too much a part of who I am, who I have been for a really long time. It is the SN of the MOON, and the Moon represents my sense of self-image.  What we are trying to do is not leave the SN behind, but evolve how I perceive and live out the SN.

When the NN is the resolution node, I take what is learned at the NN back to the SN, learning to do the SN IN NEW WAYS. 

When the SN is the resolution node, I need to learn a new way to do the SN AT THE SN.  Remember that skipped steps means efforts has already been made at the NN, so I have learned more.  Perhaps the issue is I've not yet integrated what I've learned into the SN - still doing it the same way.  So I can integrate my new understandings into the SN thus advancing my perceptions of it.   The SN contains our habitual emotional patterns.  Changing it is just like changing any existing habit, to a new and improved one.

Hope this is helpful
Steve

Dhyana

Extremely helpful Steve. I am so glad I asked. I will now look at his chart with this in mind and if I should  need more help, which I probably will, I would love for you to jump in.  

And, I was already quite clear about the second misconception you mentioned, (about the common misconception/idea that one needs to get away from the SN) but the way you mentioned it again added even more clarity to the whole nodal axis thing.

Thanks

D.

ari moshe

Hi Dhyana,
I also want to share something that I feel adds clarity to the ea method of reading skipped steps. This is what I understand from a prior discussion. I haven't found where this thread was- I think it was Bradley's...

The question was once asked "why is the node that last formed a conjunction to the planet in question the resolution node?" The answer is that from a phasal point of view, the node that last formed a conjunction with that planet forms a waxing square (which would be a crescent or first quarter square). The other node forms a waning square (which would be a disseminating or last quarter square).

The way I understand this is the waxing square is earlier in the process- symbolizing a conscious choice that needs to be made on the part of the soul (crisis in action). It is fundamental and needs to be established first.
Ari Moshe