School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Hydraulic Fracturing and Pisces

Started by ari moshe, Feb 23, 2011, 01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ari moshe

Hi all, this seems to have a lot to do with the overall themes of Pluto in Cap, however this is specifically a Neptune issue. This is as Neptune and Chiron ingress into Pisces.

Pisces correlates to the raw and untamed. Crude oil, water sources, nature herself in totality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpY9Vpt0acg&feature=related

I just watched the film "Gasland"- this is about the horrors of natural gas extraction from the earth. It corrupts the water system with all the chemicals that are pumped into the earth during the extraction. The effects of this are truly devestating on an enviromental level as well as for the people who are drinking this water.

The epa has not obliged the gas companies to follow the fegulations of the clean water act, which would ensure that such devestation does not occur. The gas companies are not obliged to disclose the chemicals they are using.

The Frac Act is a bill would change all of that. This is of course being violently opposed by the gas companies. They have well constructed adds all over youtube indicating that natural gas extraction is clean and harmless. The fact of these companies continuing to push for further drilling while the horrid effects of the drilling is completely known to them, to me, is a testament to their evil intentions.

Here is a link describing the bill with some contact info for NY state legislators.
http://www.gaslandthemovie.com/alerts/view/6
http://www.gaslandthemovie.com/take-action/overview NY of course isn't the only place however that is where the most recent drill campaign is. Many people have already leased their "backyards" for fracking. As I understand it, in most cases the process has not yet occurred because it has not yet been approved.

In NY, there is a good chance further drilling will be banned. Yet there are many who do not want that to happen. The region around the deleware water gap is apparently the largest reserve of natural gas in the country. If that region was drilled, the water would be corrupted. This has already happened in western Colorado, in the area around Dish Texas, as well as many other small locations throughout the country.

One question that I ask is "why would they do this? The water becomes undrinkable in any areas where drilling has taken place. Their claims that the water remains safe because of the way the process occurs, and the way the 'treat' the waste water full of chemicals, is absolutely not true. People are getting sick all over the country. Why would they do this? Don't they know that we need water?" In some cases, where citizens have taken the companies to court- no legislative changes have resulted. In those cases, the family that was able to  prove that the fracing well is in fact correlated to the chemicals found in the drinking water, the hair loss, the headaches, the cancer - they are usually left with a settlement and a non disclosure agreement. That's how these companies operate. So why? This is a profitable opportunity- they want to bank on it until they are done. And then they will go for the next opportunity. They rape the earth for personal gain. There is no explanation for this other than "they want to".

Rad

Hi Ari,

Great post, and thanks for doing so. We need to remember that it was none other than Dick Cheney when he was the Vice President who managed to make it legal that all "fracking" would be exempt from any regulations at all.

God Bless, Rad

Pattycr

Hello Ari,

"Why would they do this?"

I would recommend that you read the book 'Ishmael' by Daniel Quinn, if you have not already done so.

"Our lifestyle is evolutionarily unstable--and is therefore in the process of eliminating itself in the perfectly ordinary way."

Evolutionarily unstable is probably a risky word to use here...but since you said 'why' I'd like to offer you an area for further exploration. Your question, on a philosophical basis, is tackled readily in the book mentioned above.

Do people who frequent this board have a yearning to get in touch with their souls purpose, and live a life as minimally destructive to theirselves, family, community, and environment? Yes.

Does everyone? No.

The 'why' of your question is admirable, and I hope you find more pieces to the puzzle with time.

Pattycr

Speaking of Neptune and Chiron in Pisces and the correlation between the two...it's difficult to say. Pollution of water and resources has been going on for a very long time, and I'm not sure I could pin-point it to that aspect alone. But, I would say there's a high chance that isn't what you're asking in any case.

One question then, would be 'How could our perceptions of polluting our environment change, as Neptune and Chiron ingress into Pisces?'

One answer would be, Neptune becomes disillusioned via Chiron. "What's done is done." I can't help but get that feeling from this aspect. A simple, yet, intangible intepretation in my own mind. In myth, Chiron was the son of Saturn. As I've found, part of coming to grips with Chiron, is 90percent coming to grips with the imperfection of life. Perhaps I'm just not aware enough, but in that aspect I see a letting go the fight. Allowing the centaur to die.

I feel that going further in this discussion is going to require a mind a bit more concise than my own. Hopefully there are additional answers to come from other board members. Hopefully, someone that can draw out a highly positive outlook from the planetary configuration in regards to your question.