School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Cancer Archetype

Started by Linda, Jul 05, 2011, 05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

C A N C E R

Water / Yin / Cardinal 4th house, ruled by the Moon

Cancer represents the Ego.  In Aries I experienced my instinctive, becoming nature.  In Taurus I developed my values and sense of meaning.  In Gemini I learned about and classified the outer reality within which I function.  And in Cancer I give myself personal form, name, and identity - who I am, and how I think.  I acknowledge myself as distinct from all other beings.  I become consciously aware of myself as a subjective self.  THIS is who I am.

An Ego is necessary. An Ego is a vortex of energy within consciousness, the lens in the projector through which the movie of the Soul can be seen.  The point is not to LOSE one's ego, but rather to re-identify one's ego. Most of us are almost completely identified with Who I Am as a separate and unique ego that has a name and a form; that was born and will die.  The goal of evolution, over great lengths of time, is to cause us to re-identify Who I Am with the CAUSE of the Ego, with that which created the ego in the first place - the Soul, rather than with the Ego itself.

The ego is self-image - how we see ourselves inwardly, not how others see us.  That is related to the Ascendant and the Descendant.

The 4th house is naturally square to both the 1st house - Aries - and the 7th house - Libra. Libra represents extremes, and in Aries we have the extreme of the Ego identifying itself as a separate being, with no connection to any other being.  This can cause the ego, through Mars, to dominate and to impose its will on others.

The sign on the 4th house, the planetary ruler of the 4th house, the location of Cancer and the aspects it makes, the location of the Moon and the aspects it makes point out the structure of the personality and self image, and the nature of the emotional dynamics.

The Moon correlates to the nature of our early childhood environment and parental conditions, which the child imprints wholesale.  This thoroughly shapes the sense of self. The evolutionary issue becomes "˜Why did the Soul pick that environment - what were the evolutionary necessities it was attempting to deal with?'

The Moon connects to emotional reality.  Feelings are a Venus function.  They are the immediate reaction to existing stimulus.  Emotions are a reaction to our feelings.  How often do we react in a less than ideal way to something that triggers us, even though our feelings and our beliefs can understand and even agree with what has happened.  Yet our emotions are our reaction to those feelings.

Cancer represents our need for security, particularly the security of home and family.  Yet its ultimate teaching is that the only true security is within us, in our relationship to God or the Cosmos, not to anything external.  Everything in our society teaches us that security is outside of my self, in things and in others. Yet ultimately everything outside of myself can and probably will be eventually removed from my life.  Over identification with anything external tends to lead to a life crisis in which it is suddenly removed from my life. The point of this is to remind me that the only real security is internal.

You can determine a person's ability to adapt to change by looking at the sign on the 4th house, and the house and sign that the Moon is in.  If you see mostly fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius), the person may have a problem adapting to change.

As a cardinal sign, it indicates that a new cycle is beginning (as do Aries, Libra, and Capricorn).  The lesson here has been learning that security is internal and not found in parents, job, lover, home, etc.  They have been learning how to create their own emotional security from within.  Since this is a new cycle, most of them have not yet finished learning this lesson.  So most are born into difficult family situations.  One or both parents do not give the child what any child needs.  Thus their emotional needs are unfulfilled.  This forces the child back in on its own self, and they realize early on that they are going to have to learn to fulfill their own needs or those needs are not going to be fulfilled.  Because of the nature of the Moon and the 4th house, these lessons are all within the emotional structure of the children.

This is a very difficult environment for a child.  Most of these people have had a series of past lives in similar conditions.  Often they have prior life unresolved karma with one or both of the parents.  They are born with subconscious memories of these prior encounters.

Although they are not conscious of them, these past emotional patterns color the interaction between both the parent and the child.  They will feel unappreciated, misunderstood, and/or insufficiently nurtured.  This situation creates intense emotional needs and intense emotions. They have an unconscious expectation that the parents should meet these needs.  The child's experience may be very different than the parent's experience, of the same situation.

They arrive with an inherent insecurity, and it creates a situation that no amount of nurturing can ever completely fill their need.  Sometimes the parent has a legitimate reason for the situation, such as work requirements, etc.  Yet the child does not understand this and only feels that the parent is not meeting its needs. This feeling triggers the past life memories, and they trigger the intense emotional states.  In effect, the feelings and emotions the child experiences are not even from the present life experience but are unresolved feelings carried in from the past.

This can also manifest in some cases as a parent who totally dominates the child's life and does not allow the child to grow up.  The parent is relating only to his or her own emotional needs, not to the child's.  Or the parent can be cruel or abusive.  The effect is the same - the child is thrown back upon itself as the only way to get its needs met.

Because the child cannot generally process these intense emotions, they are often repressed. They appear in adult life as displaced emotions, bursting forth in relationships and romances in situations that trigger the old feelings.  In effect they will still be attempting to get their unresolved childhood emotional needs met through others.   They project this need, and the expectation that others should fulfill the need, onto others.

In romances they draw partners with psychological make-ups similar to one or both of the parents.   The unconscious need is again to resolve the old stuff and have their emotional needs met. Because the nature of the partner is similar to the nature of the parent(s), the needs are still not met, and once again they are thrown back in on themselves.  Needless to say, they may not be very happy about this state of affairs, which can have an effect on the relationship.

Gradually they begin to understand WHY this keeps happening.  They begin to learn how to supply their own emotional needs and internal security.  Until then they often attempt to emotionally manipulate others into fulfilling their childlike needs.

Some have a deep fear of emotional vulnerability.  All have sensitive and touchy emotions. Some resort to stuffing their emotions and living in denial of them to avoid the pain of continual removal of emotional dependencies.  Those who have repressed tend to draw people to them whom they can emotionally dominate, typically people in need of some form of emotional healing.  They attempt to make themselves indispensable in the person's life, both as a way to create emotional security for themselves, and as a way to feel "˜better than' someone else. They can take out the repressed anger and rage they feel towards the parent(s) on the partners or other people in their lives.

Through being dominant they maintain their relationship and feel secure. Yet still their deepest needs for nurturing are unfulfilled because the partner is too wounded to fulfill those needs.

All 4th house Pluto people experience a wide range of emotions in an intense way - everything is deeply felt.  The moods are often triggered from an external experience. These swings can be as confusing to the person as they are to those who experience them. These intense states are, in fact, necessary, because they lead to self-knowledge and ultimately inner security.  If they attempt to understand WHY these things are happening, it can lead to deep understanding of emotional dynamics.

They have two distinct emotional cycles.  In one they are withdrawn and want to be left alone.  In the other they become animated and outwardly directed.  The two cycles are inconsistent and can change at any moment. They need people around them who understand that they fluctuate between these two cycles, and that both are necessary.

4th house and 10th house Pluto often relates to recent gender switch, in this or a very recent lifetime.   Because the gender assignment is so new, many of them feel insecurity in their current gender.  It may not feel quite natural.  There are many emotional and hormonal differences between being a male and being a female, and the past life thought patterns and emotions would be associated with the other gender.

These people are learning to know and trust themselves so they can know and trust others. A few born with 4th house Pluto will already have learned to be inwardly secure and will not be subject to most of these conditions.

Pluto Polarity Point - 10th House / Capricorn

The intent here is learning to accept responsibility for one's actions, emotional maturity, how to integrate one's personality into society.  These learnings will occur through work and career.   Through this they can get out of victim mode and realize that the conditions of their childhood were necessary for their evolution, that even the lack of nurturing from the parental figures was required.  Thus, blame will dissolve and their will be a greater acceptance of the larger view of life and evolution.

Through establishing them self in the work arena they will gradually gain control over the emotional swings.  The moods will still come and go but they will be less extreme.

Their emotional empathy for others helps others to understand their own natures.  They will be encouraging others to accept responsibility for their own actions and lives, help them minimize their emotional dependencies, and help them to understand the nature of their emotional blocks.

Common 4th house Pluto characteristics
- emotionally intense and demanding, cycles of depression and optimism, can be emotionally manipulative, insecure, defensive, intensely loyal, need to control their space, easily threatened, potentially cruel mean or vindictive in negative cycles and empathetic, sympathetic, and nurturing in positive cycles.

[Cancer notes taken from Jeffrey Wolf Green's Pluto Vol. I and the EA school course]

Linda

Cancer  -  4th House  -  Moon

Ego
Womb
Childhood
Children
Home
Roots
Security
Protection
Early Environment                   
Mother
Family
Clan
Ancestors
Inner space                   
Nurturing
Protection
Neglect
Helpless
Needs
Emotions
Self Image
Touchy
Subjective
Gender Roles
Housewife/husband

[From P. Walsh, EA Archetypes]

Elen

Nice to see you back, Linda!

Linda

Thanks Ellen - it's nice to be back.  Glad to see you're here too!  I've understandably been low on energy over the past few months, but now wish to take up where I left off.

We only have one more archetype thread to go:  Leo.  I will be using the information from Jeffrey Wolf Green's Pluto I and the School's Course for new people reading the messageboard.  Some of these notes are the foundation upon which EA is based, and are filled with truth and meaning.

Since I have my Pluto Polarity Point in the 4th house, I would like to share some of my personal experiences and insights.  Having natal Pluto in the 10th house could be interpreted in a number of ways, but one interpretation was that I was financially and emotionally supported by my father (now passed).  He was of the Pluto/Cancer generation.  I only discovered that being my main nurturer was an absolute reality after he passed, but I had suspected it before.  When death comes along (Cancer womb to tomb) then the emotions and the meaning behind them are more deeply understood in the context of the evolutionary dynamics.

Aquarius is the sign in my 4th house which contains Chiron, Black Moon Lilith and Juno, and to me this means that I have been liberating myself from outdated family structures, while at the same time being able to be of service through healing family issues (Chiron), applying myself to the ongoing study of astrology (Aquarius), being a natural woman (BML), and learning how to be emotionally self-reliant within a self-sufficient relationship (Juno).

The development of emotional self-reliance has been the biggest lesson in my life, and it continues to be so.  On an intellectual level (Aquarius 4th) I am working consciously with my Soul's current intention to evolve back to a "natural" state of emotional self-security where I would minimize dependency on just about anyone or anything.  I live alone, and try my hardest not to get too emotionally entangled with others as this had been a pattern earlier on. 

Evolutionary Astrology has been wonderful in allowing me to realize and understand that emotional self-security is a natural state (my Cancer Moon is in the 9th house), that I need to love myself first before I can expect others to love me, and that I can continue to support and nurture others when needed through the healing powers of Chiron 4th.

Cancer rules all organs in the body that contain water, such as uterus, liver, spleen, eyes, breasts, etc.  I've had uterine problems for 25 years, and now that Neptune is almost finished its transit through my 4th house, these problems are spontaneously healing.  Dependencies have dissolved through the experience of disillusionment and loss of relationships but these experiences were necessary in the return to Source.  Nothing can take the place of Source, and nothing will.  The right course of action is self-nurturance within oneself so that emotional balance and undistorted self-image can be restored.

Another general insight I've had relates to the evolutionary states.  In the Consensus evolutionary condition, relationships are co-dependent, and therefore this could very well mean that marriage partners could expect their emotional needs to be met by the other, and not by themselves.  In the Individuated evolutionary condition there is a need for freedom and independence, so the emotions would be more detached and distant, and partners would be more likely to give each other space.   In the Spiritual evolutionary condition, the emotions would flow freely as a natural expression, and spiritual service would be offered through nurturing and caring for others.

If anyone would wish to share their insights on how the Cancer archetype operates, please do.

Elen

Linda,

That is beautiful.  Thank you so much for sharing some of your own personal story and journey and insights that have arisen from that.  What a lovely, poignant testament to Cancer.

I wanted to share something from my own experience that has been a very profound experience for me in my life over the last year and has given me insight into Cancer that has surprised me.  (I have SN in 4th along with Sun/Mars/Mercury Rx - all in Cap.)  JWG mentioned very briefly (I didn't fully read your 1st post, Linda, so if you mentioned this and I didn't acknowledge it please forgive me; my time is a little limited right now and I wanted to be sure to read your most recent post) - so JWG mentioned that everyone with an emphasized Cancer archetype needs to feel understood at an emotional level by at least one other.  In my experience, I have found that in having this very experience, of someone truly communicating understanding - truly loving me and truly loving me unconditionally and never once, for even a second, fostering dependency - it has helped and continues to help to shift my way of relating to myself and the self-image I have lived with.  And so much of the rage that I have carried within me is diffusing (truly, finally), particularly with regard to issues around my experience of being gay and I suppose also gender identity issues/experiences.  But I think it is a tricky line - to not teeter over into dependency, and in my case this woman is a healer and so there is a professional boundary (Cap polarity I suppose) that keeps that from happening and she happens to be very, very skillful at maintaining that boundary while at the same time being completely there as a human being conveying love and support.  Ultimately, Cancer HAS to do the inner emotional work, no matter what.  Cancer has to come to its own inner emotional realizations of its inherent worth and lovability..... There's no getting around that.  In terms of security this experience has been profoundly revelatory - who/what we CHOOSE and let in MATTERS.  So part of the emotional journey, for me, is about understanding the impact of our environment (people, places, substances, etc), and then from that understanding, choosing differently if what is there right now does not allow the fostering of self-love and acceptance.  I wanted to share this because I have found this experience to be quite profound and reshaping for me....... I hope it has made sense and that it has contributed in a positive way to this thread that you are tending (thank you for that...)

Much love to you, Linda (and all),
Ellen

Linda

Hi Ellen,

Great to hear from you -- your insights are most welcome!

Quote from: Ellen on Jul 05, 2011, 09:40 PMI have SN in 4th along with Sun/Mars/Mercury Rx - all in Cap.)

With the SN in the 4th, the Cancer issues will be operating as the bottom-line dynamics and these will colour every other planet in the chart.  Having so many planets in the 4th house means many opportunities to work on this area, to learn the lessons, and thereby attain growth.

QuoteJWG mentioned that everyone with an emphasized Cancer archetype needs to feel understood at an emotional level by at least one other.

This is the first time I've heard of this, and actually it comes as a relief to learn that the Cancer archetype needs acknowledgement by at least one other person.  With Aquarius in my 4th house, I receive shocks that remind me that love is found within and not without.  Those displaced emotions originate in childhood, and it's not mature to project those emotional needs onto others.  At stressful times though this can happen.

QuoteIn my experience, I have found that in having this very experience, of someone truly communicating understanding - truly loving me and truly loving me unconditionally and never once, for even a second, fostering dependency - it has helped and continues to help to shift my way of relating to myself and the self-image I have lived with.

It must be Ellen that you have succeeded in first loving yourself from within yourself.  Perhaps with the paradoxical archetypes of Cancer and Capricorn in your 4th house, you may be able to integrate the lessons quite well, especially later in life.  I have found an internet friend (my Aquarius 4th) with whom I share a similar experience to you.  It feels great to get those emotional needs fulfilled by that one person, and the rest of the time it's all inner work.

QuoteAnd so much of the rage that I have carried within me is diffusing (truly, finally), particularly with regard to issues around my experience of being gay and I suppose also gender identity issues/experiences.

The Cancer/Capricorn axis refers to a gender switch.  Do you feel you are preparing to move into the opposite gender, or do you think you've been a male for a long time, and have recently switched to the female gender?  Since my Pluto/PPP are in the 10th/4th axis, I feel I am moving toward a switch to the male gender, because I seem to be "too feminine" in this lifetime.

QuoteBut I think it is a tricky line - to not teeter over into dependency, and in my case this woman is a healer and so there is a professional boundary (Cap polarity I suppose) that keeps that from happening and she happens to be very, very skillful at maintaining that boundary while at the same time being completely there as a human being conveying love and support. 

Your fruition, self-sufficient relationship that maintains healthy boundaries would be a very helpful reminder of the lessons of Cancer or the 4th house.

QuoteUltimately, Cancer HAS to do the inner emotional work, no matter what.  Cancer has to come to its own inner emotional realizations of its inherent worth and lovability..... There's no getting around that.

.....or life will force one to do that inner emotional work, depending on the chart. 

QuoteIn terms of security this experience has been profoundly revelatory - who/what we CHOOSE and let in MATTERS.

In using the EA material as a guide, I feel I am making much better choices these days.  But I have attracted a karmic relationship where our Souls have made an agreement to help each other move through the 4th house lessons.  This person has the same Pluto/PPP 10th/4th placements as myself....and he symbolizes someone whom I feel will give me the love that was missing in childhood....  The Cancer archetype can be quite manipulative in order to gain the emotional acceptance that it needs.  I have been eradicating these manipulations in an effort to improve the relationship.  It's a very tricky situation since this relationship could dissolve at any moment (Neptune through the 4th).  I just hope it doesn't end up as a huge shock for me (Aquarius 4th), but if it does, then the lesson was necessary.  I'm not sure whether the Cancer lessons can be learned with another, because they seem to demand so much solitude to do the inner work.

QuoteSo part of the emotional journey, for me, is about understanding the impact of our environment (people, places, substances, etc), and then from that understanding, choosing differently if what is there right now does not allow the fostering of self-love and acceptance. 

Thanks Ellen for sharing your beautiful experiences of self-love.

Elen

Quote from: Linda on Jul 06, 2011, 04:48 AM
Hi Ellen,

Great to hear from you -- your insights are most welcome!

Quote from: Ellen on Jul 05, 2011, 09:40 PMI have SN in 4th along with Sun/Mars/Mercury Rx - all in Cap.)

With the SN in the 4th, the Cancer issues will be operating as the bottom-line dynamics and these will colour every other planet in the chart.  

Thanks, Linda.  Hadn't thought of it quite like that but of course true.  Helps me see the chart in a whole different light!

Having so many planets in the 4th house means many opportunities to work on this area, to learn the lessons, and thereby attain growth.
!

QuoteJWG mentioned that everyone with an emphasized Cancer archetype needs to feel understood at an emotional level by at least one other.

This is the first time I've heard of this, and actually it comes as a relief to learn that the Cancer archetype needs acknowledgement by at least one other person.  

Here's the quote I was referring to: "Yet, because the Fourth House person is intrinsically sensitive, vulnerable, and needing to be touched on an emotional level by at least one other, this conditional reaction [the conditional reaction by families and others that so often occurs due to Cancer's tendency to cancel or deny their sensitivity, etc...] guarantees a lifetime (or cycles within a lifetime) of emotional suffocation, nonfulfillment, difficulties and a negative self-image because of the suppression involved." (Pluto v.1, p. 88)

It is such a catch-22!  We have these experiences because of an inner emotional reaction stemming from our own sensitivity, and this very reaction results in the very experiences that prompt us to close down.......!  To me, when I read this, I realized that the solution is to recognize what truly nourishes us and what doesn't, and to say no to that which doesn't and yes to that which does.... Thus we can have BOTH our sensitivity AND what nourishes us........

With Aquarius in my 4th house, I receive shocks that remind me that love is found within and not without.  Those displaced emotions originate in childhood, and it's not mature to project those emotional needs onto others.  At stressful times though this can happen.

QuoteIn my experience, I have found that in having this very experience, of someone truly communicating understanding - truly loving me and truly loving me unconditionally and never once, for even a second, fostering dependency - it has helped and continues to help to shift my way of relating to myself and the self-image I have lived with.

It must be Ellen that you have succeeded in first loving yourself from within yourself.  

I hadn't thought of it that way at all.  So MUCH of the work I'm doing with this person is the work of learning to love myself.  But you're right.  Just the very fact that I kept looking, that I didn't give up re: finding someone who could help, that I kept saying no to the people who couldn't and weren't helping (that I didn't SETTLE) was evidence of my "self-love".  Same with you re: your experience....

Perhaps with the paradoxical archetypes of Cancer and Capricorn in your 4th house, you may be able to integrate the lessons quite well, especially later in life.  

Yes, I think I get to be a kind of disciple (student) of love - inner love......

I have found an internet friend (my Aquarius 4th) with whom I share a similar experience to you.  It feels great to get those emotional needs fulfilled by that one person, and the rest of the time it's all inner work.
Lovely.

QuoteAnd so much of the rage that I have carried within me is diffusing (truly, finally), particularly with regard to issues around my experience of being gay and I suppose also gender identity issues/experiences.

The Cancer/Capricorn axis refers to a gender switch.  Do you feel you are preparing to move into the opposite gender, or do you think you've been a male for a long time, and have recently switched to the female gender?  Since my Pluto/PPP are in the 10th/4th axis, I feel I am moving toward a switch to the male gender, because I seem to be "too feminine" in this lifetime.

That is really interesting to me that you feel that precisely because you are so feminine, you are preparing to switch to the opposite gender, but it makes sense to me.  I feel that I have been male for many lifetimes and frankly I feel that my Soul is male by nature but could be wrong about this.  I feel that I absolutely needed this experience in a female body with all the cultural conditionings that has come with it to undo the distorted beliefs about male superiority, etc that I just took for granted as male.  It saddens me so much to see this belief still carried on the religious beliefs/traditions/practices of our times, even Tibetan Buddhism which has so much to offer.  I FINALLY understand the absolute lie of it and feel I can tune into the Goddess - her representations - and feel truly embraced.

QuoteBut I think it is a tricky line - to not teeter over into dependency, and in my case this woman is a healer and so there is a professional boundary (Cap polarity I suppose) that keeps that from happening and she happens to be very, very skillful at maintaining that boundary while at the same time being completely there as a human being conveying love and support.

Your fruition, self-sufficient relationship that maintains healthy boundaries would be a very helpful reminder of the lessons of Cancer or the 4th house.

QuoteUltimately, Cancer HAS to do the inner emotional work, no matter what.  Cancer has to come to its own inner emotional realizations of its inherent worth and lovability..... There's no getting around that.

.....or life will force one to do that inner emotional work, depending on the chart.

Yes.

QuoteIn terms of security this experience has been profoundly revelatory - who/what we CHOOSE and let in MATTERS.

In using the EA material as a guide, I feel I am making much better choices these days.  But I have attracted a karmic relationship where our Souls have made an agreement to help each other move through the 4th house lessons.  This person has the same Pluto/PPP 10th/4th placements as myself....and he symbolizes someone whom I feel will give me the love that was missing in childhood....  The Cancer archetype can be quite manipulative in order to gain the emotional acceptance that it needs.  I have been eradicating these manipulations in an effort to improve the relationship.  It's a very tricky situation since this relationship could dissolve at any moment (Neptune through the 4th).  I just hope it doesn't end up as a huge shock for me (Aquarius 4th), but if it does, then the lesson was necessary.  I'm not sure whether the Cancer lessons can be learned with another, because they seem to demand so much solitude to do the inner work.

I think if both are truly committed to accepting and loving each other UNCONDITIONALLY, then it is possible.  The key is, are you both truly doing your own work, and are you both truly committed to ALLOWING the other to do their work.  To me, that's the decider.  Neptune IS tricky.  So easy to delude ourselves.  But whatever happens, you will have much from it that will help you grow even more self-loving...

QuoteSo part of the emotional journey, for me, is about understanding the impact of our environment (people, places, substances, etc), and then from that understanding, choosing differently if what is there right now does not allow the fostering of self-love and acceptance.

Thanks Ellen for sharing your beautiful experiences of self-love.

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback, Linda.

Love,
Ellen

Oh, and of course Chiron is moving along with Neptune.  A chance for some very profound healing!

Elen

Quote from: Ellen on Jul 06, 2011, 09:28 AM
Quote from: Linda on Jul 06, 2011, 04:48 AM

I'm not sure whether the Cancer lessons can be learned with another, because they seem to demand so much solitude to do the inner work.

I just had another thought on this... I think I agree with that statement, Linda.  But I think the key is not so much in doing WITH the other person but in choosing the people who will (lovingly, unconditionally) give Cancer the space it genuinely needs to do that work, and to be receptive when Cancer is able to be more present - ie, to not judge Cancer for its need to go within and its unpredictability.  So the other would really have to be emotionally self-sufficient also, I'm thinking - or committed to working towards that within the context of the relationship.  I think, if these conditions were present, that Cancer would not feel alone at all, because I think its NEED is to connect with itself.  I don't know if this is right, but your question/comment made me think about it.....

I think if both are truly committed to accepting and loving each other UNCONDITIONALLY, then it is possible.  The key is, are you both truly doing your own work, and are you both truly committed to ALLOWING the other to do their work.  To me, that's the decider.  Neptune IS tricky.  So easy to delude ourselves.  But whatever happens, you will have much from it that will help you grow even more self-loving...

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback, Linda.

Love,
Ellen

Oh, and of course Chiron is moving along with Neptune.  A chance for some very profound healing!

Wendy

Hi Linda, Ellen, et al,

I realized yesterday this Cancer thread was probably going and thought to add some thoughts and possibly a few charts with strong Cancer themes.  After reading through the thread though, I wanted to contribute my perspective as a natal Pluto 4th house person.

I have been utilizing astrology as a tool to better understand myself for twenty years (extreme childhood issues and soul trauma).  Over those years I have had more readings-sessions than I can count from various astrologers, plus studying the EA model more specifically in the last five years with a few different teachers.  

Of course with traditional astrology there was no awareness of how EA uses Pluto, Nodes, PPP, but even with the EA readings and study, up until a few weeks ago (I had a reading with Steve), did I feel any of them truly relayed what my chart, from a soul level, was expressing.  I have had astrologers tell me to clean up my 'messing 4th house', and another try to get me to comprehend the level of my soul's trauma by yelling at me--astrologer following EA model.  

I have a loaded 4th house (Uranus, Pluto, Venus conjunct) in a grand square with the Nodes and Saturn Chiron in the 10th.  So when we look at the characteristics of Pluto 4th house, all of the aspects have to taken into consideration, thus the need and IMPORTANCE to characterize a soul's chart by looking at the whole picture, which is always emphasized here on the board.  I realize this thread is specific to Cancer, but I wanted to make this point too.

Quote from: Linda on Jul 05, 2011, 05:07 AM
Common 4th house Pluto characteristics
- emotionally intense and demanding, cycles of depression and optimism, can be emotionally manipulative, insecure, defensive, intensely loyal, need to control their space, easily threatened, potentially cruel mean or vindictive in negative cycles and empathetic, sympathetic, and nurturing in positive cycles.[/color]

HOW THESE PLAY OUT MUST HAVE A GREAT DEAL TO DO WITH WHICH EVOLUTIONARY STAGE THE SOUL IS IN

In terms of ego, I have long been confused about it.  As a student of the Course in Miracles, ego is defined by any outward egoic inflation or deflation of the self, which I have expressed, mostly deflation.
During my reading with Steve we talked about me needing to develop an ego, that my chart (my soul) reflects the lack of self-esteem via severe soul trauma, thus the Leo Sun-Mercury to help me move out of the deprivation (Virgo) suffering mentality.  

In terms of the 4th house Pluto characteristics, I can relate to some of them, but not all of them.  I personally don't feel the cruel, mean, vindictive aspect.  Before I moved towards a healing path, I definitely had many of these characteristics, still have some, but as I have received an immense amount of nurturing from getting massage, going to massage school (my class was filled with women who were my mother's age), 12-step recovery-having a loving sponsor, gifted holistic psychotherapist-healer, who helped me access the ability to address my emotional needs, emotional body I would not be were I am today.  I was carrying so much in my soul, let alone from this life (lots of childhood trauma) I would not have recovered without a healthy representation of the Cancer archetype.

I realize my soul needed to have all the experiences it has thus far, including 4th house abandonment, lack of emotional safety, nurturing (I do have a Pluto Moon trine which really helps and thus I felt loved in my life, no matter that my parents were totally checked out for much of it) to address my soul's desire and the lack my soul has carried forth for many many lifetimes.  Overall, I am grateful as so much has been revealed in this life, and immense awareness has been gained with more to come I'm sure.

I can definitely say without a place to emotionally expand into a pool of containment, where any emotion I need to feel, energetically or otherwise, can be recognized and integrated is a recipe for total suffering (Virgo).  For me its back into trauma, rather than integrate and heal through Pisces love.  Without this the negative aspect of Virgo appears, and the rage and self-hatred I soul carried around being physically and psychically tortured returns.  

With Pluto Virgo in the 4th and the Moon Capricorn in the 8th, ego/soul Cancer/Capricorn themes run strong for me.  

Collectively speaking, with the last eclipse we had, and the grand cross now with Uranus, Sun-Venus (and soon Mars), Pluto and Saturn, we are collectively experiencing a release in the karmic collective trauma our emotional bodies have held.  I saw the movie 'Tree of Life' last night, a bit intense, but reflective of the suppression of emotions via the conditioning of patriarchal life here on earth, and our abuse of the earth and each other by stuffing feelings.  The other movie I recently saw with 'Buck', the horse whisperer.  The movie brings to light the abuse that horses have endured, because of man's need to dominant rather than relate, and Buck's own childhood trauma/abuse (it would be interesting to see his chart).  Both these movies brought up my feelings/reflections on the masculine archetype, the same one my father learned and expressed, and the effects the abusive nature the shadow masculine has had on us all.  

I hope all I have said follows some congruent path.  I too haven't been on the board much in the last couple of months and I'm glad to be back.  

I would like to post a chart with Cancer themes if we all want to look at it together.

Blessings and love to all of you,
Wendy

Quote from: Linda on Jul 05, 2011, 05:07 AM
C A N C E R
The 4th house is naturally square to both the 1st house - Aries - and the 7th house - Libra. Libra represents extremes, and in Aries we have the extreme of the Ego identifying itself as a separate being, with no connection to any other being.  This can cause the ego, through Mars, to dominate and to impose its will on others. WOW, VERY REVEALING--I HAVE A CHART TO POST THAT EXPRESSES THIS SO CLEARLY

The sign on the 4th house, the planetary ruler of the 4th house, the location of Cancer and the aspects it makes, the location of the Moon and the aspects it makes point out the structure of the personality and self image, and the nature of the emotional dynamics.

The Moon connects to emotional reality.  Feelings are a Venus function-REALLY? I DIDN'T KNOW THAT, I THOUGHT IT WAS THE MOON.  They are the immediate reaction to existing stimulus.  Emotions are a reaction to our feelings.  How often do we react in a less than ideal way to something that triggers us, even though our feelings and our beliefs can understand and even agree with what has happened.  Yet our emotions are our reaction to those feelings.

Cancer represents our need for security, particularly the security of home and family.  Yet its ultimate teaching is that the only true security is within us, in our relationship to God or the Cosmos, not to anything external.  Everything in our society teaches us that security is outside of my self, in things and in others. Yet ultimately everything outside of myself can and probably will be eventually removed from my life.  Over identification with anything external tends to lead to a life crisis in which it is suddenly removed from my life. The point of this is to remind me that the only real security is internal. THIS IS THE AWARENESS THAT IS PRESENT FOR ME WHENEVER I FEEL ATTACHED TO SOMETHING--NOW AFTER LOSING MY HOME, LITERALLY, I FEEL THAT EVER INVESTING IN HOME AGAIN--MAKING IT BEAUTIFUL (that's my 4th house Venus talking) OR PUTTING THE TIME AND EFFORT INTO MOVING MY THINGS OUT OF STORAGE INTO A HOME IS AN ILLUSION SOMEHOW--MUST BE THE BIG KARMIC LESSON WE ARE ALL BEING SHOWN NOW BECAUSE OUR WORLD CULTURE IS SO FIXED ON EXTERNALS.

You can determine a person's ability to adapt to change by looking at the sign on the 4th house, and the house and sign that the Moon is in.  If you see mostly fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius), the person may have a problem adapting to change. VERY INTERESTING AND HELPFUL

As a cardinal sign, it indicates that a new cycle is beginning (as do Aries, Libra, and Capricorn).  The lesson here has been learning that security is internal and not found in parents, job, lover, home, etc.  They have been learning how to create their own emotional security from within.  Since this is a new cycle, most of them have not yet finished learning this lesson.  So most are born into difficult family situations.  One or both parents do not give the child what any child needs.  Thus their emotional needs are unfulfilled.  This forces the child back in on its own self, and they realize early on that they are going to have to learn to fulfill their own needs or those needs are not going to be fulfilled.  Because of the nature of the Moon and the 4th house, these lessons are all within the emotional structure of the children. IS THIS TRUE OF CANCER IN GENERAL OR JUST 4TH HOUSE PLUTO???

This is a very difficult environment for a child.  Most of these people have had a series of past lives in similar conditions.  Often they have prior life unresolved karma with one or both of the parents.  They are born with subconscious memories of these prior encounters. YES

This can also manifest in some cases as a parent who totally dominates the child's life and does not allow the child to grow up.  The parent is relating only to his or her own emotional needs, not to the child's.  Or the parent can be cruel or abusive.  The effect is the same - the child is thrown back upon itself as the only way to get its needs met. YES THIS IS SO TRUE

Some have a deep fear of emotional vulnerability.  All have sensitive and touchy emotions. Some resort to stuffing their emotions and living in denial of them to avoid the pain of continual removal of emotional dependencies.  Those who have repressed tend to draw people to them whom they can emotionally dominate, typically people in need of some form of emotional healing.  They attempt to make themselves indispensable in the person's life, both as a way to create emotional security for themselves, and as a way to feel "˜better than' someone else. They can take out the repressed anger and rage they feel towards the parent(s) on the partners or other people in their lives. Through being dominant they maintain their relationship and feel secure. Yet still their deepest needs for nurturing are unfulfilled because the partner is too wounded to fulfill those needs. I HAD THIS EXPERIENCE WITH A MAN I DATED--7TH HOUSE SN CANCER SUN JUPITER URANUS MERCURY AND NN CAPRICORN CONJUNCT MARS.  HE WAS VERY VERY CONTROLLING, THUS OUR RELATING DIDN'T LAST LONG.

All 4th house Pluto people experience a wide range of emotions in an intense way - everything is deeply felt.  The moods are often triggered from an external experience. These swings can be as confusing to the person as they are to those who experience them. These intense states are, in fact, necessary, because they lead to self-knowledge and ultimately inner security.  If they attempt to understand WHY these things are happening, it can lead to deep understanding of emotional dynamics. I CAN REALLY RELATE TO THIS

They have two distinct emotional cycles.  In one they are withdrawn and want to be left alone.  In the other they become animated and outwardly directed.  The two cycles are inconsistent and can change at any moment. They need people around them who understand that they fluctuate between these two cycles, and that both are necessary. AND THIS!

Thanks Linda--I just learned so much!

Linda

Quote from: Wendy on Jul 08, 2011, 05:50 AMI realized yesterday this Cancer thread was probably going and thought to add some thoughts and possibly a few charts with strong Cancer themes.  After reading through the thread though, I wanted to contribute my perspective as a natal Pluto 4th house person.

Hi Wendy,

Wonderful to read your contribution with you being a 4th house Pluto.

QuoteI have had astrologers tell me to clean up my 'messing 4th house', and another try to get me to comprehend the level of my soul's trauma by yelling at me--astrologer following EA model.

I experience this too Wendy -- people yelling at me because basically they cannot bear to witness my 'pathetic' emotions and neediness to connect to others.  I'll be frank.  Having my PPP in Aquarius in my 4th house I constantly get this message from others:  "I want plenty of space.  Do not come too close!  No, I don't want to be your friend."  So I am forced to isolate myself from people - don't get too close - and if I do get close, well, be quick about it and quickly detach.  I am forced to deal with my inner world, and quit looking outward to others for approval, attention or acknowledgement.  I must develop and strengthen my inner world.  You know, it's a slow process.  One step forward and two steps back.

QuoteAs a cardinal sign, it indicates that a new cycle is beginning (as do Aries, Libra, and Capricorn).  The lesson here has been learning that security is internal and not found in parents, job, lover, home, etc.  They have been learning how to create their own emotional security from within.  Since this is a new cycle, most of them have not yet finished learning this lesson.  So most are born into difficult family situations.  One or both parents do not give the child what any child needs.  Thus their emotional needs are unfulfilled.  This forces the child back in on its own self, and they realize early on that they are going to have to learn to fulfill their own needs or those needs are not going to be fulfilled.  Because of the nature of the Moon and the 4th house, these lessons are all within the emotional structure of the children. IS THIS TRUE OF CANCER IN GENERAL OR JUST 4TH HOUSE PLUTO???

I think it is very intense - almost like a karmic necessity - if one has Pluto in the 4th.  But I've found this also to be true if one has a strong Cancer archetype in the chart regardless of position.  Also, since everyone is evolving out of the patriarchy, these lessons are for the collective to learn.  I've made good progress, but I still am aware of that deep longing to connect emotionally with others.  The culture in my country is so emotionless and dry.....the perfect place to learn emotional self-reliance!  The most helpful tip for me is that emotional self-security is "natural" -- we just need to get in touch with those natural laws on an inner level once again.  

It would be great to examine a chart with you Wendy and Ellen and anyone else who'd like to get involved.  Yes, please send a chart with an emphasized Cancer archetype.

PatriciaW

In relation to the emotional dynamics all of you are touching upon in the Cancer archetype. Jeffrey talked also about displacement of emotions as part of this archetype. So what comes to mind to me is that when we have displaced or disowned parts of our self they show up in our outer world, thru other people. Since so much of our ego security self is formed in the current life thru mirroring, first with Mother, then others, it is important to look at what shows up in ones life as a mirror. For example if we have disowned an inner child self that feels unloved and forlorn....others will step into our orb and energy field and play out that disowned part back to us... and treat us as if we are unlovable. The personal work then becomes to re-own that vulnerable child self , and yes thru Cancer - nurture and thru the polarity point Cap, re-parent that part of the self.

Reading what both Linda and Wendy have said about getting yelled at etc... is to try to NOT internalize the sting of that as much as to ask oneself what parts of myself do I yell at... or what parts of myself still feel they need to be yelled at...that is ultimate compassion and nurturing of oneself and of course as you both mentioned...emotional self reliance. Because certainly it isn't the intention of the universe for you to be rejected, but thru mirroring it is only pointing out these things.

Wendy you pointed out how you have experienced progress and healing thru finding appropriate and nurturing mirrors....to help point you back to your own emotional truth and health (Bravo!!) It does seem also to be part of this archetype that rather than the displaced emotional neediness that can manifest from unconscious emotions, that healthy containment and mirroring is needed to start to unravel and heal the emotional complex. So finding those 'sources of love', that don;t simply replay the unconscious karmic and current life parental dynamics but provide a new model, while pointing one to self-reliance and not dependency is essential. I would say the fact you could find a therapist with such healthy boundaries mirrors your own inner progress!!

Linda... you said ... <Another general insight I've had relates to the evolutionary states. In the Consensus evolutionary condition, relationships are co-dependent, and therefore this could very well mean that marriage partners could expect their emotional needs to be met by the other, and not by themselves. In the Individuated evolutionary condition there is a need for freedom and independence, so the emotions would be more detached and distant, and partners would be more likely to give each other space. In the Spiritual evolutionary condition, the emotions would flow freely as a natural expression, and spiritual service would be offered through nurturing and caring for others.>

I would only say that my observation of that has not been so cut and dry...being in the spiritual state of evolution does not necessarily mean that co-dependant dynamics or other emotional complexes such as alienation etc.. do not happen. They just happen with more conscious awareness (eventually)...with the underlying intention of bringing about a deeper relationship with the divine within, which then yes as you pointed out naturally flows to service and healing.  In the consensus yes.. they are played out but with NO awareness...and it takes a lot more work (or several hundred more lifetimes) to become aware :-)

Wendy

Quote from: Linda on Jul 08, 2011, 07:41 AM
I experience this too Wendy -- people yelling at me because basically they cannot bear to witness my 'pathetic' emotions and neediness to connect to others.  I'll be frank.  Having my PPP in Aquarius in my 4th house I constantly get this message from others:  "I want plenty of space.  Do not come too close!  No, I don't want to be your friend."  

WOW, VERY AQUARIAN! THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE SHADOW OF AQUARIUS TOO? HEALTHIER FRIENDS MAYBE?

So I am forced to isolate myself from people - don't get too close - and if I do get close, well, be quick about it and quickly detach.  I am forced to deal with my inner world, and quit looking outward to others for approval, attention or acknowledgement.  I must develop and strengthen my inner world.  You know, it's a slow process.  One step forward and two steps back.

Honestly, I felt the need for this astrologer to yell at me had more to do with him than with me.  That energy doesn't work very well for me, especially after working with very conscious therapists and spending years and years allowing my emotions to come to the surface.  When I got sober and began getting bodywork to help with the chronic pain I had lived with much of my life, my homework was to sit with myself for 5 minutes a day and FEEL what my body was feeling and LISTEN to its voice.  It was excruciating.  I was crawling out of a black hole, not yet to the surface.

There are parts of me I have yelled at and rejected, to this day.  Thus taking full ownership of emotionally projecting a disowned aspect of me--creating a negative void for this person to fill in where I wasn't present, taking responsibility for myself. Though I am still releasing and forgiving, myself and others.  I haven't had that much hatred towards anyone, since I had truly released my hatred towards my mother, which took years.

I believe the reason I feel/felt so angry with this astrologer, is his focus only on my 4th house, encouraging me to let go of home, rather than see how imperative home is to my functioning and my evolution.  Yes, great maybe the ultimate lesson is to let go of everything, but I'm sure that comes with time, maybe more lifetimes to resolve this intense karmic signature.  He was projecting his 4th house need to let go (SN in the 4th), and I allowed it--that's what makes me 'hate him'.  

This whole process is so interesting for me, because I am working with Uranus, Venus, Saturn, Chiron and the nodes in addition to Pluto.  Once the Pluto 4th house issues are managed well and consistently, I become Uranus--detached, Venus--embodied, Saturn--my own authority and stable figure to others, and Chiron--the healer, who is highly intuitive with loads of compassion to help others see in inner workings of their mind and how it impacts their inner and outer world--Sag-Gemini-6th/12th house).  Major intense visions and healing ability comes through, when the safe container of 4th house is present.  It's truly quite amazing, to have all of that experience, and now to be living without the 'home' environment which supports all of this--my evolutionary impulse.  Right now, this forum, witness to my inner self, living in a home with plenty of the enough water element present, and the recent sessions I have had all are helping me create/rebuild (Saturn PPP) emotional containment and forgiveness for myself and relationships I have had since transiting Pluto moved in my 7th house.

QuoteAs a cardinal sign, it indicates that a new cycle is beginning (as do Aries, Libra, and Capricorn).  The lesson here has been learning that security is internal and not found in parents, job, lover, home, etc.  They have been learning how to create their own emotional security from within.  Since this is a new cycle, most of them have not yet finished learning this lesson.  So most are born into difficult family situations.  One or both parents do not give the child what any child needs.  Thus their emotional needs are unfulfilled.  This forces the child back in on its own self, and they realize early on that they are going to have to learn to fulfill their own needs or those needs are not going to be fulfilled.  Because of the nature of the Moon and the 4th house, these lessons are all within the emotional structure of the children. IS THIS TRUE OF CANCER IN GENERAL OR JUST 4TH HOUSE PLUTO???

I think it is very intense - almost like a karmic necessity - if one has Pluto in the 4th.  But I've found this also to be true if one has a strong Cancer archetype in the chart regardless of position.  [/quote]

THIS IS SO PROFOUND FOR ME TO LEARN THIS--THE MAN I DATED SEVERAL YEARS BACK WITH ALL THE CANCER, WHEN I WAS GETTING READY TO TRAVEL, GO AWAY ON A TRIP HE LITERALLY BEGAN TO HAVE A TEMPER TANTRUM, AND QUICKLY RAN OUTSIDE TO HAVE A TALK WITH HIMSELF.

WE MIRRORED A LOT OF PATTERNS FOR EACH OTHER--THOUGH MY ISSUES EXPRESSED DIFFERENTLY THAN HIS AND THE UNFORTUNATE PIECE IS HE WAS UNWILLING TO BE EMOTIONALLY NAKED, VULNERABLE.

Wow, I have just moved through so much stuff writing all of this out.  Perfect example of a healthy place to express emotions for clarity and transformation to occur.

Thank you EA people.

Elen

Quote from: Wendy on Jul 08, 2011, 05:50 AMI realized yesterday this
QuoteI have had astrologers tell me to clean up my 'messing 4th house', and another try to get me to comprehend the level of my soul's trauma by yelling at me--astrologer following EA model.

I experience this too Wendy -- people yelling at me because basically they cannot bear to witness my 'pathetic' emotions and neediness to connect to others.  I'll be frank.  Having my PPP in Aquarius in my 4th house I constantly get this message from others:  "I want plenty of space.  Do not come too close!  No, I don't want to be your friend."  So I am forced to isolate myself from people - don't get too close - and if I do get close, well, be quick about it and quickly detach.  I am forced to deal with my inner world, and quit looking outward to others for approval, attention or acknowledgement.  I must develop and strengthen my inner world.  You know, it's a slow process.  One step forward and two steps back.

ust want to triple ditto this one! This is in the the past now, though; I now know (I didn't know it for most of my life) that it's their problem when they can't deal with emotions (mine, their own or anyone else's), not mine.  And I see that it is truly a great gift to allow oneself to have and be present with one's emotions and thus be better able to allow another to have/express/be present with theirs.  I also know that it is OK to have my emotions acknowledged.  That doesn't mean anyone has to DO them for me or take care of them for me or whatever (though that certainly took me some time to figure out, ie, for most of my lifeI didn't know that's what I was needing.  I now know that I DO, ABSOLUTELY, within the context of relationship, need it to be ok to have the emotions I am having and that's ALL I was ever needing.  Period.  (Cancer also imprints its environment so getting to the truth of this has been revelatory, ie, taking on other people's feelings/beliefs that I'm being manipulative and then believing that to be true about me.  But in fact what was happening was that I was simply having my emotions and simply needing space to have those.  People tend to think they have to caretake.  And Cancer picks up on this, feeling that it must be so about it - that it must be caretaken and that it is being manipulative...  It is an enormously tricky thing and has taken me years to sort out.)  Anyway, this has been a very good lesson for me. It is interesting to me, too, as I've reflected on this.  I do not wish to deny the very real potential for emotional manipulation, but in the work I did as a nursing assistant for many years and as I reflect on the relationships I've had with counselors and healers and others, it has really struck me that what others often define as "manipulativeness" is really just their own inability to allow another to have the space to have their emotions.  It is a tricky line.  I HAVE also experienced being manipulated.  But, often, even that, as I think about it, can be traced back to a structure/system that is just tremendously out of whack and so very basic needs cannot be met, which leads to tremendous distortion.  Ultimately it's what the Soul has chosen, but I don't think that means we ignore the realities of the system that created the environment.

Addition:  Patricia, I just read your post and I would be curious re: your feedback to what I've written here.....

Elen

Quote from: Wendy on Jul 08, 2011, 10:35 AM
I experience this too Wendy -- people yelling at me because basically they cannot bear to witness my 'pathetic' emotions and neediness to connect to others.  I'll be frank.  Having my PPP in Aquarius in my 4th house I constantly get this message from others:  "I want plenty of space.  Do not come too close!  No, I don't want to be your friend."  WOW, VERY AQUARIAN!

So I am forced to isolate myself from people - don't get too close - and if I do get close, well, be quick about it and quickly detach.  I am forced to deal with my inner world, and quit looking outward to others for approval, attention or acknowledgement.  I must develop and strengthen my inner world.  You know, it's a slow process.  One step forward and two steps back.

Honestly, I felt the need for this astrologer to yell at me had more to do with him than with me.  That energy doesn't work very well for me, especially after working with very conscious therapists and spending years and years allowing my emotions to come to the surface.  When I got sober and began getting bodywork to help with the chronic pain I had lived with my homework was to sit with myself for 5 minutes a day and FEEL what my body was feeling and LISTEN to its voice.  It was excruciating.  I was crawling out of a black hole, not yet to the surface.

There are parts of me I have yelled at and rejected, to this day.  Thus taking full ownership of emotionally projecting a disowned aspect of me--creating a negative void for this person to fill in where I wasn't present, taking responsibility for myself. Though I am still releasing and forgiving, myself and others.  I haven't had that much hatred towards anyone, since I had truly released my hatred towards my mother, which took years.

I believe the reason I feel/felt so angry with this astrologer, is his focus only on my 4th house, encouraging me to let go of home, rather than see how imperative home is to my functioning and my evolution.  Yes, great maybe the ultimate lesson is to let go of everything, but I'm sure that comes with time, maybe more lifetimes to resolve this intense karmic signature.  He was projecting his 4th house need to let go (SN in the 4th), and I allowed it--that's what makes me 'hate him'. 

The irony of this to me, Wendy, is that the very thing Cancer/4th is needing is to get in touch with their own inner knowing - their own emotions and knowing that come from that - to know who they are at an egoic level.  I don't see how that's possible with someone directing you to an end s/he sees for you...(I have had numerous less than optimal therapeutic/healing/counseling experiences for this very reason...)...  I'm a big fan of Carl Rogers.  His Sun sign was Cancer if I remember.  He really seemed to get this.

This whole process is so interesting for me, because I am working with Uranus, Venus, Saturn, Chiron and the nodes in addition to Pluto.  Once the Pluto 4th house issues are managed well and consistently, I become Uranus--detached, Venus--embodied, Saturn--my own authority and stable figure to others, and Chiron--the healer, who is highly intuitive with loads of compassion to help others see in inner workings of their mind and how it impacts their inner and outer world--Sag-Gemini-6th/12th house).  Major intense visions and healing ability comes through, when the safe container of 4th house is present.  It's truly quite amazing, to have all of that experience, and now to be living without the 'home' environment which supports all of this--my evolutionary impulse.  Right now, this forum, witness to my inner self, living in a home with plenty of the enough water element present, and the recent sessions I have had all are helping me create/rebuild (Saturn PPP) emotional containment and forgiveness for myself and relationships I have had since transiting Pluto moved in my 7th house.

I think it is very intense - almost like a karmic necessity - if one has Pluto in the 4th.  But I've found this also to be true if one has a strong Cancer archetype in the chart regardless of position.  

THIS IS SO PROFOUND FOR ME TO LEARN THIS--THE MAN I DATED SEVERAL YEARS BACK WITH ALL THE CANCER, WHEN I WAS GETTING READY TO TRAVEL, GO AWAY ON A TRIP HE LITERALLY BEGAN TO HAVE A TEMPER TANTRUM, AND QUICKLY RAN OUTSIDE TO HAVE A TALK WITH HIMSELF.

WE MIRRORED A LOT OF PATTERNS FOR EACH OTHER--THOUGH MY ISSUES EXPRESSED DIFFERENTLY THAN HIS AND THE UNFORTUNATE PIECE IS HE WAS UNWILLING TO BE EMOTIONALLY NAKED, VULNERABLE.

Wow, I have just moved through so much stuff writing all of this out.  Perfect example of a healthy place to express emotions for clarity and transformation to occur.

Thank you EA people.
[/quote]

Wendy

Quote from: PatriciaW on Jul 08, 2011, 10:00 AM
Wendy you pointed out how you have experienced progress and healing thru finding appropriate and nurturing mirrors....to help point you back to your own emotional truth and health (Bravo!!) It does seem also to be part of this archetype that rather than the displaced emotional neediness that can manifest from unconscious emotions, that healthy containment and mirroring is needed to start to unravel and heal the emotional complex. So finding those 'sources of love', that don;t simply replay the unconscious karmic and current life parental dynamics but provide a new model, while pointing one to self-reliance and not dependency is essential.

WITHOUT THIS I WOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN BETTER.

I would say the fact you could find a therapist with such healthy boundaries mirrors your own inner progress!!

THANKS PATRICIA.

I would only say that my observation of that has not been so cut and dry...being in the spiritual state of evolution does not necessarily mean that co-dependant dynamics or other emotional complexes such as alienation etc.. do not happen. They just happen with more conscious awareness (eventually)...YES THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE AND I LIKE THE EVENTUALLY EMPHASISwith the underlying intention of bringing about a deeper relationship with the divine within, which then yes as you pointed out naturally flows to service and healing.