Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Skipped Step Planets influenced by placement of SN  (Read 603 times)
Wendy
Very Active Member

« on: Jul 10, 2011, 06:47 PM »

Hi All,

I have another question.  I have been reading through the practice charts thread from April 2009--reading Stacie's description of SN in 10th-Pluto in the 8th--

With the ruler of south node in the 10th, development of self image in past life ego structures has occurred through a process of self-reflection, emotional maturation, defining/establishing personal authority, and self-determined setting/achievement of goals.  

The focus of self reflection will be related to early conditioning which will have some kind of emphasis toward prevailing norms that have been defined and advocated by society.  One will have an emphasized tendency to reflect upon how closely one is fitting the ‘typical molds’, and how fitting these molds, or not fitting these molds, impacts upon one’s personal sense of authority or credibility in the eyes of the world, and how one’s credibility in the eyes of the world has an impact on the relative successes or obstacles one experiences in the context of one’s sociological function/role/work.  

and I am deepening in my understanding of Pluto and the nodes and the entire EA paradigm.  After reading the above, this question arose in me:

Is the skipped step planet, let's say Saturn, in the 10th house square the SN, influenced by the SN house placement in the same way that Pluto is influenced by the nodes?  Since the Pluto is clearly influenced by the nodes and their placement, I thought quite possibly a skipped planet would be as well, especially if the skipped steps are involved in a grand cross, as well as Pluto.

I realize a soul with a grand cross involving the nodes and Pluto, is integrating all the energies of the cross, and has attempted to do so many times before, and ultimately avoided that integration over and over, or has at least tried their best each time.  

My question here is specifically seeking to understand how much the SN is influencing the skipped step planet.

As I have been writing this other question arises:
Do planets that reside in their natural house, Saturn in the 10th, in a retrograde function reflect a soul who has been deeply affected the conditioning of society and societies judgment towards that person?

Thank you and God Bless,
Wendy  
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2011, 07:01 PM by Wendy » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2011, 08:35 AM »

Hi Wendy,

"I have another question.  I have been reading through the practice charts thread from April 2009--reading Stacie's description of SN in 10th-Pluto in the 8th--"

With the ruler of south node in the 10th, development of self image in past life ego structures has occurred through a process of self-reflection, emotional maturation, defining/establishing personal authority, and self-determined setting/achievement of goals.  

The focus of self reflection will be related to early conditioning which will have some kind of emphasis toward prevailing norms that have been defined and advocated by society.  One will have an emphasized tendency to reflect upon how closely one is fitting the ‘typical molds’, and how fitting these molds, or not fitting these molds, impacts upon one’s personal sense of authority or credibility in the eyes of the world, and how one’s credibility in the eyes of the world has an impact on the relative successes or obstacles one experiences in the context of one’s sociological function/role/work.  

"and I am deepening in my understanding of Pluto and the nodes and the entire EA paradigm.  After reading the above, this question arose in me:

Is the skipped step planet, let's say Saturn, in the 10th house square the SN, influenced by the SN house placement in the same way that Pluto is influenced by the nodes?  Since the Pluto is clearly influenced by the nodes and their placement, I thought quite possibly a skipped planet would be as well, especially if the skipped steps are involved in a grand cross, as well as Pluto."

Pluto in not 'influenced' by the Nodes at all: it is the cause of those Nodes, as it is all other planetary and Nodal placements within the entire chart. In your example, Saturn squaring the Nodes, Saturn would be the causative factor in the skipped steps symbolized by both Nodes that it is squaring, and the location of their planetary rulers, and all the aspects therein to these planetary rulers. It's not a matter of 'influencing". It is a matter of cause and affect and the reasons for that.

And, by the way, the quote you are citing from Stacie has nothing to do with the questions you are asking.

"I realize a soul with a grand cross involving the nodes and Pluto, is integrating all the energies of the cross, and has attempted to do so many times before, and ultimately avoided that integration over and over, or has at least tried their best each time.  

My question here is specifically seeking to understand how much the SN is influencing the skipped step planet."

The nature of the skipped steps is caused by a planet squaring the Nodal axis. This cause then creates the skipped steps symbolized by the Houses and Signs of the Nodal Axis, and the location of their planetary rulers.

"As I have been writing this other question arises:
Do planets that reside in their natural house, Saturn in the 10th, in a retrograde function reflect a soul who has been deeply affected the conditioning of society and societies judgment towards that person?"

That is one possibility, but one only. All would depend on the specific evolutionary condition of the Soul as well as all the other symbols within the birth chart of any given person with that Saturn retrograde in the 10th.

God Bless, Rad
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2011, 01:43 PM »

Great, thanks for all the clarifications Rad.  I realize now I didn't need to post the comments from the prior thread, I was just prompted from within while reading about Saturn.

Thanks again,
Wendy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: