Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leo Archetype Thread  (Read 10035 times)
Wendy
Very Active Member

« on: Jul 24, 2011, 07:59 PM »

Hi All,

Just checked into the board and wondered if we were going to finish our archetype threads with Leo?  Is anyone signed up to host the thread?

Blessings,
Wendy
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2011, 08:14 PM by Wendy » Logged
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2011, 03:13 AM »

Oooops! - thanks Wendy for the nudge.

Yes, let's make this the Leo thread......if you could just delete the
question mark at the end of the title......we can begin.  I will post
some Leo notes from Pluto I and the School's Course very soon.
Stand by!

Love,
Linda
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2011, 06:14 PM »

LEO ARCHETYPE

Yang / fixed / fire / Rules 5th House, Ruler is Sun, Leo/Sun represents creative self-actualization.  The Sun represents the integrative principle, how we go about integrating things, self-actualizing our purpose.  The Sun’s sign, house, and the aspects that it makes correlate to how we integrate and give purpose to our life.  We tend to learn through crisis (Virgo).  The Sun represents how I give purpose to, and integrate, these crises into my nature.

Leo represents the principle of creativity, how we give a sense of purpose and meaning relative to our evolutionary intention.

Leo is intentionally narcissistic.  We must become full of self;  realize the power and possibilities of self, before we can disseminate self in the world.  However this is egocentric power and self, and can lead to delusions of grandeur.  Again, this is a necessary stage in consciousness.

To integrate the Sun, Leo must embrace the Aquarius polarity.  Leo is the center of its own Universe.  It has an attitude of ‘Here I am, integrate me’ vs. Aquarius’ awareness of what the overall social system needs from me.   Too much Leo can lead to the starving artist syndrome, social isolation.

Leo is naturally square to the 2nd and 8th houses, seat of the sexual instinct, and with its natural connection to creativity, is connected to children.  Parents with too much Leo orientation tend to see their children as extensions of themselves rather than as individuals in their own right.

Pluto in the 5th house

As a natural Fire house, Pluto in the 5th people will feel they have a special destiny to fulfill.  5th house Pluto people need to actualize this special destiny.  In the 5th house, the purpose has already been formed.  They will feel it deeply.  They have been learning to take charge of their lives, seize destiny, and shape it with their wills.

They are born with the feeling of specialness, and need to be recognized.  This need is so intense it can become a bottomless pit.   They can feel the universe revolves around them, just as the Sun is the center of our solar system. They are SUPPOSED to feel this way, for they are here to creatively actualize and be in charge of their purpose.  Depending on the rest of the person’s chart, this can manifest in a noisy or a quiet way.

The focus in this position is on the creative principle. Creativity can be expressed in many ways in life, using the unique abilities of the person.  It requires an intense inner focus and determination to shape the destiny with the strength of will. The South Node and its planetary ruler will show how this has been achieved in the past.

An issue with this placement is these people tend to see themselves as the source of their creativity because the subjective impulse is at its peak in Leo.  This orientation contains a built-in limitation that they do not tend to see.  In its worst cases this can be a God complex.  Many 5th house Pluto's had past lives where they were recognized as special in some way.  They have unconscious memories of this special treatment and can unintentionally expect to again be treated and acknowledged in these ways.   Some will manipulate people and situations to receive the desired recognition.   In some cases this can even be achieved by playing the victim to draw attention to them.

Many will create a pyramid reality with themselves at the top.  The need for power and recognition is an underlying theme.  If they’re not getting the recognition they need in their marriage, they may create a love affair in which they get the acknowledgement that they need.   If they are discovered, this can cause the necessary emotional blows that force them to realize what they have done, and the reasons why.  They can manipulate people to get their own emotional needs met, sweet talking a person into an affair, for example, and then abandoning the affair when it no longer serves their purpose.

They also tend to try to shape and control the lives of others around them, including their children.  They unintentionally project the force of their own self-actualization and purpose onto those around them.  This can range from trying to totally control the lives of others, to encouraging the development of those around them because they value that quality. Their encouragement tends to be from the perspective of their own self, not really seeing the other person and what they truly need.

They can be very giving and generous yet the generosity usually serves some personal need.  It is hard for them to understand this, because within their own frame of reference they think they are being quite giving.  Others may create emotional scenes or confrontations trying to point out what is going on.  These scenes serve to undermine the 5th house Pluto pyramid reality structure.

These people tend to have very strong-willed children.  The resulting battle of wills leads them to the lessons of objectivity.

Polarity point in 11th house, Aquarius

The intent is to develop an objective focus, learning to link their special destiny to something socially relevant.  They must learn to link their special purpose to a socially useful or relevant function.  Many will find fulfilling their purpose is blocked as part of forcing the need of embracing the 11th polarity. The social structure itself will be the blocking force. This can lead to frustration and anger as society appears to not acknowledge the person as special.  Even if they fulfill part of their purpose, they may not get the recognition they require for it.  Being forced to the sidelines forces the lesson of learning objectivity.  It also detaches them from the pyramid structure of their inner reality.  Through this they may learn how to link their purpose to society’s needs.  They will learn that others are just as special as they are.

Through learning their lessons they will realize they are channels of universal creativity and not the source of that which they create.

These people have strength of will, dignity, creative, loving and giving, narcissistic, magnetic, powerful and intense, can be demanding, suspicious of yet needing flattery, protective of those who are close to them.

[ Notes taken from JWG's Pluto Vol I and the School's Course ]

Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2011, 06:21 PM »

LEO  -  5TH HOUSE  -  SUN

Creative Self-
Actualization
Ruler King/Queen               
Power
Arts
Drama
Integration
Purpose
Full of self
Grandiose           
Subjective awareness
Creativity
Artist
Inflation - positive & negative               
Involvement
Approval
Exhibitionism
Applause
Being noticed - Special
Recognition
Fame
Romance
Child Prodigy
Gambler
Actor / Actress
Risk taker
Affairs - Adultery
Mistress
Children
Inner Child

[From P. Walsh, EA Archetypes]

Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2011, 08:28 PM »

Thanks Linda.  Will post soon~
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2011, 11:18 AM »

Hi Linda,

Thanks for this.  Not sure I will be able to post but will try to follow along at least. 

And THANK YOU (!) for all of your work with these threads - for having the idea and making it all come into being!

Well wishes,
Ellen
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2011, 01:26 PM »

I was thinking we could look at Amy Winehouse's chart with Venus Mars in Leo and Pluto in the 5th house?  Is that okay with folks?  If so, I will post soon.

I also know of a few other charts will lots of Leo and have permission from them (both friends).  Thanks.
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2011, 04:35 PM »

I am taking the initiative to post this chart now, as I have time this afternoon.  I will give general background and then do my best to analyze the chart.

Chart is for a woman who just turned a 'young' 54.  Cancer Sun with loads of Leo (Uranus, Lilith, Mercury, Part of Fortune, Mars, Venus, Pluto) with Taurus SN in the 5th.  All the Leo planets are in the 8th except Pluto, which is in the 9th.  Venus squares the nodes, along with Mars and the other Leo planets.  The chart actually has grand cross with Leo planets, Nodes and Chiron.

I have looked at this chart many times and hope to gain more insight into understanding the many complex signatures it has--Venusian Pluto (Taurus-Scorpio) themes, all around the Leo archetype (SN 5th square Venus Leo, Chiron in the 2nd).

Angel was raised by immigrant parents in Chicago, Italian father and Jewish (gypsy heritage) mother.  Her father worked as a shoemaker and factory worker.  Thus money was short and they lived a very traditional immigrant lifestyle.  She told me the other day, they went on one vacation throughout her childhood.  She is the oldest of her four siblings.

Mother was (is) a split personality and family is still in dissociative mode, thus Angel has continually had to rely on herself (SN Taurus square Venus) in this life.  She has done quite well in this department, but I know she gets weary of it at times.  From my perspective she is quite stable.  She longs for healthy relationship and is taking self-sufficiency a step deeper (through creative integration of all her knowledge in her work with women, nature and healing) to create the inner relationship necessary to establish the same in her outer-intimate relationships.  With the Taurus/Scorpio theme so prominent, sexuality, fertility, survival, beauty, isolation, the body are strong aspects of Angel's life--she holds to them strongly.  Angel was married in her twenties (to a Leo), now single, and has no children in this life.

Angel works in the field of bodywork, specializing the last ten years in women's health and fertility via Maya Abdominal Massage.  She is also an herbalist and an artist, with a focus on depth psychological healing (Jungian orientation), dream therapy, among other skills and abilities.  Currently she is training in biodynamic cranio-sacral therapy and is developing retreats for women, to help them heal through uterine massage and connecting with nature.  These qualities reflect her Jupiter in Virgo, Saturn in Sag, Sun in Cancer, Moon in Pisces, and all the Leo.

Angel is deeply connected to the Great Mother and believe her present life passions reflect her past life knowledge (Pluto in Leo 9th), thus her focus in women's health and healing is directly related to Venus square SN, and Pluto Leo in the 9th.  With Chiron opposing Venus from the 2nd/8th house square the nodes in the 5th/11th houses, it looks like she may have been a midwife in the past, or a mother to many children (with wound-pain around her sexuality being abused in some way--see below).

Pluto in the 9th in Leo~this soul has a longing to be recognized and accepted (Pluto Leo 9th) for her creative force and her innate knowledge of natural law--as a teacher of these things and healing (Jupiter in Virgo-9th).  Her souls past experience (Saturn squares Pluto, Chiron 2nd Aquarius, SN square Venus, Cap opens 2nd house) reflects deep wounding around her self-esteem and not being able to care for herself (and her children?) due to outer forces (religious in nature?--12th house) opposing her?  Or is it that she had a powerful philosophical position and misused it?  I don't believe so, based on the nodal axis and the aspects to it.    

Chiron in Aquarius 2nd speaks to some kind of shocking trauma that occurred in relation to her connection to her creative force and her love of the earth (land)--possibility her homeland or children being taken away. (sex slave? ostracized for it).  

The NN is in Scorpio in the 11th house--this speaks to the need for her to continually liberate from the soul's past conditioning and embrace the path individuation (possibly late stage individuated or 1st stage spiritual--I believe she is the later).  There is deep rage she holds towards the collective patriarchal model, which has abused her over and over (in this life and the past).  As she finds deeper and deeper meaning through shining her light in the outer world (gaining more exposure through her work), she will liberate from the past conditioning (repercussions of being creatively aware) which keeps her longing for home, relationship, and recognition.  

This is my shot at analyzing Angel's chart.  Sometimes I have been confused at it, because she is already so Scorpio like, that I didn't know how to convey what the NN in Scorpio meant for her.  I have shared with her all of the above, and wonder what else I am missing here. as I'm sure there is much more to say.  I appreciate further more reflection and comments in regard to helping both Angel and I understand more about her soul's path.

Thank you all and much love,
Wendy

« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2011, 04:55 PM by Wendy » Logged
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2011, 03:36 AM »

Hi Linda,

Thank you for all that you are doing here with the archetype threads.  I truly appreciate it and have learned so much already.  I am a Sun Mercury Leo, with NN in Gemini, so the Leo archetype is an important one for me in this life, hence my desire to see us create the thread.  After we look at this chart I can post some of my experience as a Leo, in direct relation to the EA paradigm/philosophy.

There are so many components/comprehensive aspects to addressing/reading a chart EA style that i sometimes forget the many components that need to be considered, like the PPP of the chart I posted..  

Last night, I realized the PPP is very important for her.  With the skipped steps though, I was focusing there rather than seeing the polarity, Aquarius in the 3rd house of Gemini.  It is clear more detachment is required in terms of her relationships--maybe with her unconscious and how it plays out.  It must have something to do with religious orders, religious zealotry, religious domination of the culture(s) this woman has lived in (Saturn in Sag in the 12th house along with Pluto in the 9th).  3rd house PPP reveals the need for a more logical understanding of her experiences, (Mercury Leo 8th?) and to use that understanding in her communication (to herself and others), which will help her further self-actualize, shed the soul's past conditioning to further ntegrate her creative soul nature?

I'm working with being able to put all of these concepts into words (Gemini), so please forgive my albeit humble but awkward attempts at integrating the archetypal understanding of the signs and their house meanings.

with gratitude,
Wendu
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2011, 04:05 AM by Wendy » Logged
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #9 on: Jul 27, 2011, 04:24 AM »

Planetary Nodes for Angel's chart:
SN Mercury 19 Leo
SN Venus 8 Virgo
SN Mars 9 Libra
SN Jupiter 6 Cap
SN Saturn 23 Cap
SN Pluto 19 Cap
SN Uranus 11 Sag
SN Neptune 11 Aquarius
SN Chiron 1 Taurus

NN Mercury 9 Cancer
NN Venus 8 Cancer
NN Mars 14 Gemini
NN Jupiter 12 Cancer
NN Saturn 23 Cancer
NN Pluto 19 Cancer
NN Uranus 15 Gemini
NN Neptune 10 Leo
NN Chiron

Look at all that Cancer, plus she has Sun in Cancer--how the Leo expresses in addition to all the other Leo planets.  Angel is very much a water person in her persona/energy--Moon in Pisces, 8th house planets and Sun in Cancer.  Looks like she is learning how to emotionally care for herself, to re-mother herself through her relationships for the integration of her soul.

The south node of her Venus is in Virgo in the 9th--that reveals or supports my earlier comments of low self-esteem, and being victimized, along with SN's of Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in her 1st house, the SN of Uranus conjunct Saturn, SN of Neptune conjunct Chiron and SN of Chiron conjunct her current life Pallas Athene.

Looks like she was a priestess in the ancient Goddess world, who was ousted by the encroaching dominating tribes.

In this life, she is rebuilding the relationship to her Venus through NN functions of Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto in the 7th and 8th houses, and NN Mars and Uranus in Gemini.  She is learning how to trust in relationships again.  With the mental/air aspect of Venus (7th house) and through the sharing of resources (8th house) with others.  Deep integrated relationship would be very good for her.  

Generally speaking, Angel is a very intelligent, well educated, embodied woman, who is very discerning and mindful, but gets tripped up with modern societies ignorance of the natural world....and mistrust of relationships, with men and women.

The only thing I feel I am missing here is how the need for attention (Leo) plays out.  There is a theme of competition with other women for attention through their husbands/partners that has reared it's ugly head in the circles I have known her in.  That has died down from what I can tell, and there never seemed to be any actual acting out, it was more subtle than that.  

My understanding is Venus in Leo can be very self-centered.  With SN in the 5th, Venus in Leo--is there a component of the shadow of Leo that I am missing in all of this?

Thanks All,
Wendy
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2011, 04:48 AM by Wendy » Logged
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #10 on: Jul 27, 2011, 04:59 PM »

Wendy and everyone,

I hope that you can continue without me for one week.  I need to travel to attend to a family matter.

Catch you later,
Linda
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #11 on: Jul 28, 2011, 09:52 AM »

Hi Linda,

Thanks for letting me know.  I hope your trip is peaceful and that all is well. 

Blessings,
Wendy
Deva

« Reply #12 on: Jul 29, 2011, 01:57 PM »

Wanted to post some thoughts about Angels chart. The natal planets in Leo/8th house in combination with Pluto in Leo in the 9th house square the nodal axis does reflect that she did experience sexual disempowerment and abuse in prior lives, and the she has been in alignment with and practicing natural sexual techniques and rituals prior to this point. Yet, that is where the source of the trauma now lies. The abuse was suffered because the nature of her sexual practices were threatening to those who wanted to promote a submergence of those people who were in alignment with Goddess oriented religions, and matriarchal principles in general. With Pluto in the 9th house square the nodes she must recover, or reclaim her natural wisdom in this area and in this way reclaim her natural power as a woman through re-aligning with the sacred /divine feminine.  In other words, her root lies within a natural understanding of natural law (Pluto in the 9th house/Leo), and she has experienced being an “empowered women” through her alignment with the sacred/divine feminine.
     The trauma she has suffered through being disempowered in the ways described above has created a fear around “owning” or “claiming” her natural feminine energy or power (Pluto conjunct Venus, and Mercury/Uranus in Leo/8th house, and the square the nodal axis in Taurus/5th house Scorpio/11th house reflects that inner messages (Mercury) she received relative to this trauma (Uranus) and the impact to her inner relationship to herself (Venus conjunct Pluto square the nodal axis) must be worked through in order to realign with and find her strength within the natural feminine.
The predominate Leo theme in this chart also reflects that her creatively and her ability to creatively actualize her life’s purpose has been affected by this trauma as well. In other words, she may feel that she is not fulfilling her “true life’s purpose” or fill fulfilled by the work she is currently doing. This is because a core evolutionary intention is to align with a creative, or special purpose, that reflects her natural teaching and healing abilities that emanate from her original root in the matriarchy and her alignment with the sacred/divine feminine. Again, the trauma must be revolved for growth to occur, and for the skipped steps in the charts to be resolved.
The shadow, or distorted, nature of Leo is one of a need for a never ending amount of external validation and the need to be considered special and important in some way. In this chart there could be deep need for this type of recognition (Leo/8th house planets, Pluto in Leo square the nodal axis of Scorpio/Taurus) which would then specifically lead to a need to be validated in this way by men. She may also pick situations or circumstances that provide no validation or recognition in order to enforce the core lessons of self reliance and to learn to validate herself from within (inner empowerment). Another possibility is  she herself picking circumstances that are undermining or disempowering in nature because of the negative messages she had taken in about her sexuality and her feminine nature in a general sense.  The trauma she has suffered had created a feeling of deep insecurity and also invalidation in the context of her sexuality and her self-image/inner relationship to herself as a woman. This can create a virtually bottomless pit for the need for recognition in the present time.  The need to purge the need for external validation, and to be inwardly confident and secure within her natural femininity is reflected in the natal planets in Leo/8th house and Pluto in Leo/9th house square the nodal axis of Taurus and Scorpio. In this way, and natural self-reliance and inner confidence can manifest in a way that reflects her natural or original nature and her innate wisdom. She could potentially align with a life purpose/path that allows her to sustain herself through a type of work that is a channel for the divine feminine to come through her.
Let me know your thoughts about these core issues/themes in Angel's chart.
God Bless
Deva
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #13 on: Aug 23, 2011, 08:20 PM »

Dear Deva,

Thank you so much for responding to my post so quickly, and please accept my apologies to not responding until now.  August has been pretty intense and I needed to pull away from further analyzing any charts or putting my focus on others.

I still would like to reply to your post and hope to do so later this week.

with gratitude,
wendy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video