School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

archetypes in relationship to other archetypes

Started by shaktidevii, Sep 05, 2011, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaktidevii

Hi message board!

i am new to the forum and relatively new to evolutionary astrology.

i'm a bit timid to begin stringing together archetypes with other archetypes in a natal chart ie, planet, sign and house comprising one archetype combined in various relationships with another planet, sign and house comprising one archetype.

i'm hoping to have some guidance in the systematic interpretation of sign/house relationship dynamics without yet considering the planetary component of an archetype in the signs or houses.

I wish to understand through a dialogue with others, the similarities and especially the differences between each unique relationship of two archetypes.

an example would be:

cancer   on the 12th house cusp
pisces    on the 4th house cusp

scorpio  on the 4th house cusp
cancer   on the 8th house cusp

scorpio  on the 12th house cusp
pisces   on the 8th house cusp

thank you in advance for your attention and time given to this thread. this will help tremendously
:)

cat777

Hi,

I started by copying the archetypes from the book.  First the house, then the sign.  Then I would contemplate them and put them into my own words.  Do this enough and you no longer need to. :-)

Maybe that will work for you as well?

cat

shaktidevii

thank you

i am reading the book and doing this on my own.

but to compare more experienced astrologers words with my own is more in alignment with my learning style. and would be very helpful!

if anyone would be willing to take one example given above, i would appreciate it  :)

Steve

hi shaktidevii

welcome to our message board.  Thanks for posting.

EA teaches us that everything depends on context.  There are no generic answers to the examples in your questions.  The reason a chart has any of those placements is unique to that chart alone and can't really be generalized.

To truly understand a chart with the depth that the EA system reveals, you have to start with what we call the Pluto formula - Pluto by house and sign, south node by house and sign, and ruler of south node by house and sign.

The basis of every human life is the Soul.  The Soul is the cause of the present life, for its own evolutionary reasons.  Those reasons are different for every Soul, stemming from its past.  In EA the Soul is symbolized by Pluto, by house and sign.  The placement of Pluto points to the types of desires that are and have been active in that Soul.  The south node points to the type of human lives that Soul has been creating, and the nodal ruler points to how those human lives have been actualized.

As you begin to understand how the signature revealed through the Pluto formula is playing out in a chart, you can then see the context behind why Cancer is on the 12th and Pisces is on the 4th. Without the context there's not a way to understand the why, or how that sign on the house cusp will play out in that chart.

In EA we look at houses, signs, and planets as the same - 1st house, Aries, Mars all the same.  The Soul combines them in different ways to deliver the important messages to itself through the vehicle of you, in more than one way.  It's fine while learning EA to concentrate on just the houses or signs as long as you keep in mind they are all really the same.  There's only so much the brain can assimilate at once, and segmenting it is a valid approach for some students.

One of the ways Jeffrey used to teach was by putting Pluto in this house, south node in that house, and ask people how those placements might show up.  Keeping Pluto in the same house and sign, first put south node in the 9th, then south node in the 3rd, etc.  To work with your examples, try putting Pluto in Cancer in the 12th, south node in Pisces in the 4th house.  Working with Pluto and the south node will point to specific reasons WHY cancer is on the 12th and pisces is on the 4th in that particular chart.

I hope you find this helpful. 
Steve

Rad

Hi shaktidevii,

Welcome to our mb on EA. Just wanted to reiterate what Steve has said. This mb is for understanding EA and not astrology in general.

God Bless, Rad

Elen

Hi Shaktidevii,

Welcome to the MB.  Yesterday I thought to try to answer your questions - to give my shot at combining the archetypes, but I simply couldn't do it precisely because of what Steve explained above and Rad confirmed.  There are some old threads on the MB, however, that might be helpful, where students take their shot at interpreting various placements of Pluto and the nodes in different signs and houses.  Here's a link to the last thread where this was done: https://forum.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/index.php/topic,344.0.html

There is also another, older and I think more extensive one.  I think it is just called "Practice Chart Thread" if you want to search for it.  Also, an extensive conversation about each archetype individually was done and recently finished up.  If you search just the names of each archetype, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, etc, I think you will be able to find these threads.  I understand that what you're really looking for is the opportunity to engage in dialogue with others as a means of facilitating your learning process and I completely understand that.  But I was thinking that in the absence of that right now, perhaps reading the very in-depth conversations that others have engaged in could help some.

Hope this helps some....

Warm wishes,
Ellen

ari moshe

Hi Shakti! Welcome to the mb.

There's an old thread that somewhat addresses your q - it talks about paradoxical charts, the meaning of which should be explained there, from an ea point of view. It reemphasizes what Steve has said too.
https://forum.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/index.php/topic,424.0.html

And on that note, another good thing to take into consideration is that each house sign combination contains within it an archetypal "aspect" relationship. For example if you have a Cancer rising, then it is likely that every sign house combination will contain within it the resonance of a first quarter square (first house is an Aries house which is an archetypal square to Cancer. Second house with Leo is a square resonance. etc..)
With love,
am