School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

The Influence Of Evil In Our Lives: Focus On The Asteroid Lucifer

Started by Rad, Feb 04, 2012, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upasika

Hi Rad,

If it's OK with you I'd just like see if I understand the bigger picture of where Lucifer fits in (on both sides) before the posts on Lucifer sign & house etc get underway. So I've written the following summary, which is as I understand it. Could you please correct me if my understanding isn't right?

SOURCE is all that has existed, does exist, and will exist - because SOURCE is eternally ALL THAT IS, whether manifested or not.

SOURCE has created us all as a Soul, a consciousness that - like energy - cannot be destroyed, rather can only change, or inhabit different, forms. And within us at this Soul level, we have two fundamental kinds of desire - one, to go on a journey of separation from our SOURCE so that we can discover our individuality to it's fullest, and the resulting separation to it's fullest. And once that has been achieved, the other kind of desire comes to the fore, to then return back to the SOURCE from where we originally came.

Evolution for the Soul involves the entire journey away from SOURCE as it follows it's separating desires, progressively growing in individuality as it does so, and then the long journey back to SOURCE as it follows the desire to reunite with SOURCE, gradually losing all it's individuality as it does so, until it eventually it becomes fully merged back into SOURCE itself.

However also operating at the Soul level is the freedom at any moment to choose which kind of desire to act upon. And regardless of which kind of desire we actually do pursue, karma is created either way. This creates a unique pathway for each Soul - each journey is different. And because of this freedom very little in each Soul's journey is linear - usually it's a criss-crossing path involving forward, backwards and sideways movement, depending on lots of trial and error and the eventual choices each Soul actually makes. This journey of the Soul (as relevant to the current life) is represented by Pluto, it's Nodes and their rulers, and the PPP.

In order to facilitate this process, in each incarnation the Soul creates an ego, a body/feeling/thinking mechanism through which to focus the consciousness and desires of the Soul. This ego, represented by the Moon, is mostly experienced as a (usually deeply subconscious) complex emotionally based image and sense of ourselves, and when this remains consistent and familiar over time we feel inwardly secure. And the manner of operation of this ego mechanism during the past, in this life and in the future (as relevant to the current life), is shown by the Moon's Nodes and their rulers, and the Moon's PP.

The freedom of the Soul is experienced by each of us at an ego and being level as the sense of "free will" that we have. "I can do what I like" is the Being ("I" - Sun) speaking from that sense of separation (Ego - Moon) asserting my "free will".  

This sense of free will experienced by all of us via our Sun and Moon is the key ingredient in the evolution of our Soul, because each choice we make has deep implications.

The Soul has been seeded from SOURCE with the need to evolve. To do so the Soul creates evolutionary intentions for each life (shown primarily by the condition of Pluto and the PPP, and the Moon's Nodes and their rulers, and then secondarily by the remainder of the entire chart except the Sun). These intentions are transmitted from our Soul to our conscious self (primarily Sun & Moon) via Mars (lower octave of Pluto) as desires that we become conscious of. There will usually be a plethora of desires that we become aware of, some stronger than others, and depending on each Soul, a different mix of desires to separate, and to return.

Because of our free will we (as a being/ego/personality) can either choose to cooperate with those desires that are of a separating nature, or those desires of a returning nature, or some of both. If we decide to pursue desires to separate then we're moving away from SOURCE, and eventually (after many, many lives) into a more closed isolated situation. If however, we follow desires to return, then we will be opening ourselves to change, expansion and a more liberated situation.

SOURCE, having the intention to help each of us as a Soul evolve, and in so doing move closer to ITSELF, manifests in each of us an impulse/energy/consciousness that is experienced by us as being a greater force than ourselves. If we recognise this force, and it's inherent intentions (to help us), and use our free will to choose to move through any fears and past any blocks we may have, to then fully acknowledging this impulse inside us by surrendering to it, and thus acting from it, we are actually directly aligning with SOURCE itself. And thus, according to the capacity we've developed to be able to do so to that point, we will directly experience the energy and consciousness of SOURCE as a result.

These intentions of SOURCE to help us, this energy or consciousness within us that is experienced as being larger than us, larger than our Soul - is represented in the chart by Lucifer, operating as the "Bearer of Light". In this situation, it is SOURCE itself manifesting to us via Lucifer. When this is happening our experiences of what is sharing & kindness, goodness, honesty, compassion, nourishment ... what is truth, essence, beauty, unconditional love, peace, joy , ecstasy & bliss ... are all magnified and intensified. These are the moments when we feel blessed to be alive (as Stacie shared with us).

These intentions for us to be helped are unique to each of us, so by looking at Lucifer's location (sign and house) and it's aspects we can see what these intentions are and how they will be experienced. Thus Lucifer in the chart can show us where we can potentially accelerate our evolution back to SOURCE.

Because we are creating our own karma with every choice we make, and we are often confused as to which kind of desire to pursue, sometimes we create situations where, as a result of choices we've made and the karma they've created, our experience of the situation provides us with extreme challenges - in the form of hardship; physical, emotional or mental pain; doubt and anguish; disillusionment and despair. Challenges such as these can test our capacity to know what to do, totally undermine our sense of self and wellbeing, reduce our willpower to virtually nothing, and induce the deepest feeling of helplessness, humiliation and worthlessness"¦

In these situations, when we are as low as we can imagine it's possible to go, our need to survive can be extreme. We can start to feel and think there MUST be a way to overcome the challenges of the situation. But if we have tried everything we can do ourselves, tried asking everyone we can for help, tried endlessly pleading with existence, and nothing has helped us, then we can become very, very desperate.

We now get down to two basic choices:

One - is to realise through deep reflection, that we are in this situation because of a (possibly long) chain of choices we have made in the past, all leading to this current situation. If this situation brings us to do this then it may in fact become a huge turning point in our lives, when we see ourselves in a lot clearer perspective and detail than we have done for a long time. If this does happen one result of that can be a potent return of inner determination to renew one's efforts to change the situation. Or, realising that we have created it ourselves ... this recognition that it has arisen from our own doing becomes enough to reconcile us with the situation. And because of that we may decide to simply accept it as it is, and drop the struggle to change everything.

or Two - to start blaming other people for what we are experiencing. And thus start feeling other people are entirely responsible for what has come into reality in our life at this time. This inevitably positions us as the victim in the situation, and once the sense of victimisation takes hold the sense of hurt and powerlessness can rise to a peak ... if this is sustained over time it can result in a great loss of objectivity, a greatly distorted perspective on reality. And if we continue on in our refusal to accept our own responsibility for what is occurring in this way, and our sense of separation is strong (or at the least intact), then this can awaken one or more separating desires that may, or may not, have been dormant for a very long time ... for example desire for greed, power, lust, control, revenge etc. All depending on what the situation is, and what is perceived by the Soul as being required to change the situation in the Soul's favor and/or hit back at the others involved, or all others generally.

These desires come from the Soul (Pluto). And at this point SOURCE can manifest inside of us a sense that enormous power DOES exist that can help us - this power is sensed as being larger than us, larger than our Soul, and so we know it really could help us - feels exactly that it could completely smash the limitations we are currently experiencing.

At this point as a Soul we are at a critical junction in our path - we are now being tempted by SOURCE manifesting via Lucifer, operating as the "Primary Agent of Evil". Intrinsic to our sense of this power is the sensing of it's qualities "¦ dark, devious, ugly, complete destruction of goodness, cruel, brutal, demonic, relentlessly powerful, totally demanding, ruthless, enslaving and eventually murderous. In the very experiencing of it, it is starkly obvious that to say yes to this power acting on our behalf to change the situation, is to completely surrender our free will to this power. And once exposed like this, tempted, that is the only thing that can save us from this power - our own free will.

And in these moments all the despair that we are experiencing, the helplessness, and the desire for that to go away, even if it means being greedy & possesive, nasty, hateful, vindictive & revengeful, manipulative, controlling, exploitive, dominating, violent and willfully destructive ... all these feelings become hugely magnified and intensified. With the temptation likewise expanding ...

If we don't see the danger and withdraw from it, but move towards this power and surrender to it, we will have aligned with the Devil / Satan, and in so doing, will as a result directly experience, according to how developed our capacity to do so has become to that point, the energy and consciousness of Evil itself .

This temptation is unique to each of us, so by looking at Lucifer's location (sign and house) and it's aspects we can see what this temptation is and how it would be likely to manifest. Thus Lucifer in the chart can show us where we can potentially form a contract with Evil, with the resulting loss of all freedom, permanent imprisonment, that this contract brings.

Thank you,
Upasika

Rad

Hi Upasika,

Yes to all you have presented except this key point:

"In these situations, when we are as low as we can imagine it's possible to go, our need to survive can be extreme. We can start to feel and think there MUST be a way to overcome the challenges of the situation. But if we have tried everything we can do ourselves, tried asking everyone we can for help, tried endlessly pleading with existence, and nothing has helped us, then we can become very, very desperate.

We now get down to two choices - one, surrender and accept that this is the will of SOURCE, or two, refuse to surrender to the situation. "

If those types of conditions exist it is not a matter of it being the "˜will of the Source'. It is a matter of accepting the responsibility in our own actions, past and present, that are the causes of these conditions. This is critical to understand because if it is not then the Soul can or will feel "˜victimized'. Once the Soul feels victimized this then sets in motion the possibility to be tempted by Lucifer in the form of wanting to get back at those that we feel we have been victimized by specifically, and all others generally. In the essence the Source did not cause whatever those conditions are. The Soul itself has.

God Bless, Rad

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Aha! Yes of course, I had neglected to include the victimisation aspect of that situation developing negatively towards evil. Since this is the key point on which the Soul feels it has made its decision I'll edit my post and include that - if you could just recheck that paragraph and if it's still not right let me know I'd be grateful .

Thanks Rad.

blessings Upasika

Rad

Quote from: Upasika on Nov 04, 2012, 02:48 PM
Hi Rad,

Aha! Yes of course, I had neglected to include the victimisation aspect of that situation developing negatively towards evil. Since this is the key point on which the Soul feels it has made its decision I'll edit my post and include that - if you could just recheck that paragraph and if it's still not right let me know I'd be grateful .

Thanks Rad.

blessings Upasika

Hi Upasika,

It's well stated now.

God Bless, Rad

Linda

QuoteWe now get down to two basic choices:

One - is to realise through deep reflection, that we are in this situation because of a (possibly long) chain of choices we have made in the past, all leading to this current situation. If this situation brings us to do this then it may in fact become a huge turning point in our lives, when we see ourselves in a lot clearer perspective and detail than we have done for a long time. If this does happen one result of that can be a potent return of inner determination to renew one's efforts to change the situation. Or, realising that we have created it ourselves ... this recognition that it has arisen from our own doing becomes enough to reconcile us with the situation. And because of that we may decide to simply accept it as it is, and drop the struggle to change everything.

or Two - to start blaming other people for what we are experiencing. And thus start feeling other people are entirely responsible for what has come into reality in our life at this time. This inevitably positions us as the victim in the situation, and once the sense of victimisation takes hold the sense of hurt and powerlessness can rise to a peak ... if this is sustained over time it can result in a great loss of objectivity, a greatly distorted perspective on reality. And if we continue on in our refusal to accept our own responsibility for what is occurring in this way, and our sense of separation is strong (or at the least intact), then this can awaken one or more separating desires that may, or may not, have been dormant for a very long time ... for example desire for greed, power, lust, control, revenge etc. All depending on what the situation is, and what is perceived by the Soul as being required to change the situation in the Soul's favor and/or hit back at the others involved, or all others generally.

Hi Rad and Upasika,

Just wondering if it is possible that a combination of one and two can be experienced, as a kind of transitional stage?  

For example, let's say that the Soul, due to completely understanding and embracing 'choice one,' its life begins to unfold as an expanding awareness/alignment with SOURCE.  Yet, at the same time, due to its own past actions (old self-image, memories stored within itself) that caused its own suffering/hurt/pain, it does not wish to be reminded of the past.  It has objectified those past dynamics, and desires to detach and liberate from them, as an expression of its desire for a firmer establishment in returning desire to SOURCE.

So could we say that there are different stages between the choices of the past self-image/conditionings/desires (Saturn and its karma) interacting with the desire for liberation (Uranus) that will enable deeper spiritualization (Neptune).  

Upasika, what you described sounds very black and white, one choice or the other (Scorpio), because of it being such a serious issue for the Soul.

Should the Soul try to rectify its mistakes (desires) of the past, and perhaps put itself in danger of regurgitating the past painful dynamics all over again, or just wipe the slate clean and go from there? Here the Soul would need to know the difference between natural guilt and man-made guilt (Virgo).

Is it better to detach from those who remind us of where we went wrong in the past? Could this be a reflection of a personal choice toward the Bearer of Light so that the Soul can start afresh without having to prove itself to others?  As a reflection of unconditional self-love and self-forgiveness?  I guess I'm talking about a feeling of humiliation that, on a human level, could be used against the Soul to remind it of its past impure desires. So the Soul would need to get past that feeling of humiliation and guilt so that the Bearer of Light can shine.

Yet on a Bearer of Light level, there is no judgment, just pure unconditional love, light, bliss and encouragement to continue the journey back to SOURCE.

Of course I do realize that every Soul is unique, yet I would be very interested in reading your comments on the above points.

Thanks,

Linda

Upasika

Hi Linda,

We'll need Rad to properly answer this - especially re the guilt etc.

What I've presented is the situational extremes that can arise for the Soul relative to what Lucifer represents. This gives a kind of wide experiental framework for Lucifer. But I think Lucifer does tend to represent/operate like this in a way.

For most people, living everyday life doesn't involve such extreme experiences, it is more "moderate" in it's manifestations. We are just moving on slowly and incrementally with our own process which, apart from the simple act of living itself, involves the multitude of desires -both big and (very often) small- that we are acting upon on an ongoing basis. And as I understand it, on their own separating desires don't make anyone evil, neither does treating others "badly".

The way I see it, most people are not attracted to Lucifer as the Agent of Evil. Even if we have done things in the past that are of a heavily separating nature, unkind, or vindicitive and cruel etc, it doesn't mean we have become evil. When we do these things we are moving away from light, but simple darkness in itself is not necessarily evil.

We may not feel good about these things now but often in reality it was a lack of consciousness in a weak moment that was the causitive factor rather than conscious and deliberate intention to engage in evil. I might be wrong but my understanding is this intention for and surrender to evil are needed for our actions to actually be infused with evil.

If guilt is keeping some memories alive then maybe there is some trauma still needing to be healed..?

The very fact that a person moves on to the extent that they can see their actions in the past were not based on good/wise choices, were "wrong", indicates that the growth away from that has already happened. But if something feels it still needs to be healed then some kind of therapy may be needed - it often is. But it doesn't necessarily mean we are going to make the same unwise choices again, it just means we're wanting to heal the trauma.

But Rad will clarify all this hopefully.

blessings Upasika

Rad

Hi Linda and Upasika,

You are both right. The two core choices that Upasika has presented are indeed correct. They are bottom lines. Yet the the individual Soul may indeed make the types of choices, relative to these core bottom lines, that Linda in asking/ inquiring about. Every case as we know is different because of the natural law of free choice.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Group,

I would like to know if any of you are still desiring to do this thread. Please let me know.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi Rad - yes very much. I'm just beginning to read through what has been posted here thus far...

cat777

Hi Rad,

I feel like I hit a wall when I started trying to write each of these out in terms of consenus, individuated and spiritual.  It is obviously something I need to work on and practice  :-)  I am posting what I have so far just to make sure I am on the right track, or to be guided back to the right track, if you don't mind.  At least ten of these are just the general archetype (I hope) - I did manage to go a tiny bit further with the 5th house and all the way with the 12th.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

cat  

1st House
Lucifer in Aries in the 1st house shows that the consciousness of god is offering the soul an opportunity to begin a brand new cycle of evolutionary development  in which it has the courage, freedom and independence to break free of a past tendency to act in a self-oriented manner and learn to consider the needs and desires of others as well as its own.  If the soul chooses to respond to this impulse, the soul will learn to listen to others and give according to what they actually need.  The soul can then motivate others to do whatever they need to do in order to realize their own special destinies.

2nd  House
Lucifer in Aries in the 2nd house shows that the consciousness of god is offering the soul an opportunity to begin a brand new cycle of evolutionary development  in which it has the courage, freedom and independence to break free of a past tendency to act alone in a self-sufficient and self-reliant manner and instead merge with others and share their resources with others.  In doing so the soul can show others how to do the same.

3rd  House
Lucifer in Aries in the 3rd house shows that the consciousness of god is offering the soul an opportunity to begin a brand new cycle of evolutionary development  in which it has the courage, freedom and independence to break free of a past tendency to only take in information that supports its own specific point of view and broaden its mind.  The soul can then use its natural communicative skills to inspire, motivate and transform other people's thinking, opinions and points of view.

4th  House
Lucifer in Aries in the 4th  house shows that the consciousness of god is offering the soul an opportunity to begin a brand new cycle of evolutionary development  in which it has the courage, freedom and independence to break free of a past tendency to blame others for its own actions and instead accept responsibility for its own actions. In doing so they can then help others learn to accept responsibility for their actions as well.

5th  House
Lucifer in Aries in the 5th house shows that the consciousness of god is offering the soul an opportunity to begin a brand new cycle of evolutionary development  in which it has the courage, freedom and independence to break free of a past tendency to be self-centered and self-focused and instead develop an objective consciousness and focus and learn to link their special purpose to socially relevant need. In doing so, the soul can then create something new and unique in whatever field they are destined to fulfill and inspire others to do the same.
The consensus soul has been preconditioned to believe that its power lies outside itself and as a result has become critical of others in order to feel good about itself. If it chooses to embrace the impulse of Lucifer, it will learn to detach from its immediate environment and become more aware of its actions

6th  House
Lucifer in Aries in the 6th house shows that the consciousness of god is offering the soul an opportunity to begin a brand new cycle of evolutionary development  in which it has the courage, freedom and independence to break free of a past tendency to be critical of both itself and others and instead cultivate a relationship with the divine which will help it develop tolerance and respect for the imperfection of itself and others. The soul will then be able to help others develop an awareness of the whole.

7th  House
Lucifer in Aries in the 7th house shows that the consciousness of god is offering the soul an opportunity to begin a brand new cycle of evolutionary development  in which it has the courage, freedom and independence to break free of a past tendency to become involved in too many relationships and taking in too many differing points of view and values causing it to lose sight of its individuality by becoming  too dependent on the opinions, advice and knowledge of others as a means of determining who it is or what it should or should not be doing with its life.  If the soul chooses to recognize the diversity of human nature and recognize its own individuality and learn to discover and be itself instead, it can inspire and motivate others to do the same.

8th  House
Lucifer in Aries in the 8th house shows that the consciousness of god is offering the soul an opportunity to begin a brand new cycle of evolutionary development  in which it has the courage, freedom and independence to break free of a past tendency to manipulate others in order to have its own desires and needs met. If the soul chooses to become self-motivated it can motivate the growth of others in an unmanipulative way without becoming dependent upon them and encourage them to become aware of, and let go of, the conditioning patterns that dictate their behavior.

9th  House
Lucifer in Aries in the 9th house shows that the consciousness of god is offering the soul an opportunity to begin a brand new cycle of evolutionary development  in which it has the courage, freedom and independence to break free of a past tendency to overidentify with a specific philosophical or religious system and instead follow its intuition which will allow it to transform its vision of the nature of reality in diverse ways. By allowing itself to be educated by others the soul can inturn educate others and expand its own awareness as well as help others expand theirs.

10th House
Lucifer in Aries in the 10th house shows that the consciousness of god is offering the soul an opportunity to begin a brand new cycle of evolutionary development  in which it has the courage, freedom and independence to break free of a past tendency to judge others based on its own beliefs and values and instead accept responsibility for its own life.  Once the soul realizes that the beliefs and values that condition its ideas about what life is and how it should be lived are purely subjective, it will learn to stop judging others based upon its own beliefs and values and can motivate and inspire others to do the same.

11th  House
Lucifer in Aries in the 11th house shows that the consciousness of god is offering the soul an opportunity to begin a brand new cycle of evolutionary development  in which it has the courage, freedom and independence to break free of a past tendency to repress its inner impulse to throw off the past and instead develop  objectivity and detachment, sever attachments to anything preventing growth and bond with groups of like-minded souls in order to deepen its awareness of its own individuality and link its individual purpose to a socialized purpose.  If the soul chooses this path, it will develop an objective understanding of who and what it is and how to actualize its own creative purpose within the context of a social need.  In addition it can inspire and motivate others by assuming a socially relevant and meaningful role that transforms restrictive barriers to growth and encourage others to do the same.

12th  House
Lucifer in Aries in the 12th house shows that the consciousness of god is offering the soul an opportunity to begin a brand new cycle of evolutionary development  in which it has the courage, freedom and independence to break free of a past tendency to resist an impulse to surrender and merge with god or the source and instead embrace this impulse. In doing so the soul will reflect an inner illumination that can light the way for others.
 In order to embrace this impulse, the soul needs to connect with a transcendental belief system and commit itself to some form of work that is practical and of a useful nature to others. For a soul in the consensus state, there is a need to embrace a traditional belief system, most likely a religion, that is accepted by the consensus of society and the culture. For a soul in the individuated state, the soul needs to question its religious and social conditioning and upbringing and embrace a transcendental belief system which encourages the soul to experience god or the source from within.  In the spiritual state, the soul needs to embrace a transcendental belief system that is focused on the unity of all and Natural Law.

Hi Cat,

You are definitely on the right track. The only real exception I would have is your 4th House one where the real impulse of God would be to create awareness of how to become more emotional self secure and sustaining. Other than that very good work Cat. God Bless, Rad

mountainheather

Hi Rad and everyone,
I am about 1/2 way through the Lucifer in Aries analysis. I think it will take me until Monday to finish. If that's too long please go ahead.  I am very interested in continuing.
Heather

mirta

Hi Rad,
I want to participate and began the assignment, but am busy now, I believe I will be able to post on monday too, if it's not too late.
Thanks for your patient guidance
God Bless
Mirta

Rad

Hi Group,

Thanks for letting me know that you are still interested in doing this work on the 'bearer of Light'. Just needed to know that. So I will wait to more of you submit the work you are doing before commenting right now on the work of Gonzalo and Cat. Remember the value is always in the effort.

I have been thinking too that instead of having you go through all of the signs / houses that Lucifer can be in, and the evolutionary states therein, as we complete the Lucifer in Aries part that it may be easier and simpler for all, because of your life commitments everyday that of course requires your commitment to them, that I will just define the archetypes myself that we can then example together in various ways. For example, we could examine the charts of real people, we could also create abstract examples like putting up the EA paradigm in a chart, then putting the Lucifer in it because of the context established by the EA paradigm itself. In other words I am trying to figure out a way that makes this much more less in terms of it's time intensiveness. If any of you have ideas along these lines please share them with me.

God Bless, Rad

Wendy

Hi Rad,

I too can post by Monday, and I do appreciate your idea, as life is quite full in many ways right now.  I also plan to want to write up the scenarios to see if I can make sense of it all.

Thank you and God Bless,
Wendy

ari moshe

Hi Rad, I intend to post within the next couple days. What you suggested sounds like a good idea to me: Either working with the chart of someone who once lived, or working with the core ea paradigm and adding Lucifer to it. Perhaps combining the two: Analyzing a real life chart with the core ea paradigm along with Lucifer.

Thanks for holding this space for us. God bless,
Ari Moshe