School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

The Influence Of Evil In Our Lives: Focus On The Asteroid Lucifer

Started by Rad, Feb 04, 2012, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Quote from: mountainheather on Nov 27, 2012, 01:42 AM
Hi Rad,
I intend to continue here. First, can you help me distinguish more clearly the difference between the Neptune archetype and Lucifer. What I've come with simply is that Neptune Pisces and the 12th house represents a return to source through surrender, culmination, dissolution, transcendence.  The Light Bearer in the asteroid Lucifer is rather a space within the soul that can be filled with the Light of the World or evil depending on our choices and what we open ourselves to. Does this sound right? 
Another question I have is, if choice is part of the Lucifer archetype is this why it is associated with Scorpio?
I will respond to the Obama chart in the coming week.
Thank you so much,
Heather

Hi Heather,

Neptune, Pisces, and the 12th House all correlate with the inherent structure of consciousness within the human species that allows it to become aware that there is a Cause of the Creation, of all existence, including human. This awareness thus correlates to a desire within human consciousness to KNOW the origin of it's own creation. This desire to know sets in motion within the human consciousness a desire of HOW to know the Origin of it's own existence, as well as the Origin of All Things.

This desire to know how to know the Origin of All Things leads to the inherent knowledge within all Souls of the Natural Law that leads to that knowing. And that is the Natural Law of the breath, and how the breath directly correlates to the natural law of polarities that is reflected in the inhaling and exhaling breath. Within this inherent knowledge of the breath also lies the knowledge of how to still the breath in such a way that the law of polarities is 'transcended': the Cause of the inhaling and exhaling breaths. When a breathless state is thus achieved by the Soul the consciousness within it is now unified with the Cause of it's own Creation.

These natural laws correlates with Pisces, Neptune, and the 12th House exist for all Souls, all consciousness in human form in general: they apply at all times.

Wherever in the birth chart the sign Pisces occurs, wherever the planet Neptune is, and whatever sign on the 12th House exists, with the location of it's planetary ruler, correlates to the natural ways in any given life where the impulse, energy, or consciousness of the Source Of All Things can be directly experienced by the Soul that thus allows the Soul to directly experience the Source through those portals within it's overall consciousness. Wherever these symbols exist within the birth chart of any given Soul are directly determined by the Soul, caused by, as a reflection of the specific ongoing evolutionary and karmic condition of the Soul itself.

So, on the one hand, we have the universal Natural Laws that these symbols correlate too, the knowledge of the breath, and, on the other hand, we have the specific ways the Soul can know it's Creator in any given life that is symbolized by the placement of those symbols.

The asteroid Lucifer also correlates, arch-typically, to the 'bearer of Light' which of course means the Source Of All Things. As stated earlier there are many portals in human consciousness through which the 'bearer of Light' can be known and experienced. Lucifer is one of these. The specific house, sign placement, and the aspects to it, are all determined by the Soul itself relative to it's ongoing evolutionary and karmic needs. It's S.Node of course correlates to how this has manifested in the Soul's past, and N.Node correlates to the evolutionary and karmic direction that the Soul intends to take, and the natal position of how this past and future in integrated in the moment: the current life.

Your question:

"The Light Bearer in the asteroid Lucifer is rather a space within the soul that can be filled with the Light of the World or evil depending on our choices and what we open ourselves to. Does this sound right? 

Yes.

"Another question I have is, if choice is part of the Lucifer archetype is this why it is associated with Scorpio?"

The Natural Law of choice, free choice, choice making, are all symbolized by the archetype of Pluto, Scorpio, and the 8th House. These symbols all correlate to the phenomena of Evil as this is contained and symbolized within these archetypes. The phenomena and consciousness of Evil exists within the consciousness of all Souls just as the phenomena and consciousness of the Source exists within all Souls.

For the consciousness within any Soul to become Evil, to do Evil, is must make a choice to do so. Thus wherever we find the symbols of Pluto, Scorpio, and the sign on the 8th house, and the location of it's planetary ruler, as well as the symbols for Lucifer correlate to the natural portals in human consciousness through which Evil can exist: the 'temptations' of Evil, Lucifer. Yet the Soul makes choices to allow this to exist when it does so.

God Bless, Rad

mountainheather

Hi Rad,

QuoteQuote from: mountainheather on Nov 27, 2012, 12:42 AM
Hi Rad,
I intend to continue here. First, can you help me distinguish more clearly the difference between the Neptune archetype and Lucifer. What I've come with simply is that Neptune Pisces and the 12th house represents a return to source through surrender, culmination, dissolution, transcendence.  The Light Bearer in the asteroid Lucifer is rather a space within the soul that can be filled with the Light of the World or evil depending on our choices and what we open ourselves to. Does this sound right? 
Another question I have is, if choice is part of the Lucifer archetype is this why it is associated with Scorpio?
I will respond to the Obama chart in the coming week.
Thank you so much,
Heather

Hi Heather,

Neptune, Pisces, and the 12th House all correlate with the inherent structure of consciousness within the human species that allows it to become aware that there is a Cause of the Creation, of all existence, including human. This awareness thus correlates to a desire within human consciousness to KNOW the origin of it's own creation. This desire to know sets in motion within the human consciousness a desire of HOW to know the Origin of it's own existence, as well as the Origin of All Things.

This desire to know how to know the Origin of All Things leads to the inherent knowledge within all Souls of the Natural Law that leads to that knowing. And that is the Natural Law of the breath, and how the breath directly correlates to the natural law of polarities that is reflected in the inhaling and exhaling breath. Within this inherent knowledge of the breath also lies the knowledge of how to still the breath in such a way that the law of polarities is 'transcended': the Cause of the inhaling and exhaling breaths. When a breathless state is thus achieved by the Soul the consciousness within it is now unified with the Cause of it's own Creation.

These natural laws correlates with Pisces, Neptune, and the 12th House exist for all Souls, all consciousness in human form in general: they apply at all times.

Wherever in the birth chart the sign Pisces occurs, wherever the planet Neptune is, and whatever sign on the 12th House exists, with the location of it's planetary ruler, correlates to the natural ways in any given life where the impulse, energy, or consciousness of the Source Of All Things can be directly experienced by the Soul that thus allows the Soul to directly experience the Source through those portals within it's overall consciousness. Wherever these symbols exist within the birth chart of any given Soul are directly determined by the Soul, caused by, as a reflection of the specific ongoing evolutionary and karmic condition of the Soul itself.

So, on the one hand, we have the universal Natural Laws that these symbols correlate too, the knowledge of the breath, and, on the other hand, we have the specific ways the Soul can know it's Creator in any given life that is symbolized by the placement of those symbols.

The asteroid Lucifer also correlates, arch-typically, to the 'bearer of Light' which of course means the Source Of All Things. As stated earlier there are many portals in human consciousness through which the 'bearer of Light' can be known and experienced. Lucifer is one of these. The specific house, sign placement, and the aspects to it, are all determined by the Soul itself relative to it's ongoing evolutionary and karmic needs. It's S.Node of course correlates to how this has manifested in the Soul's past, and N.Node correlates to the evolutionary and karmic direction that the Soul intends to take, and the natal position of how this past and future in integrated in the moment: the current life.

Your question:

"The Light Bearer in the asteroid Lucifer is rather a space within the soul that can be filled with the Light of the World or evil depending on our choices and what we open ourselves to. Does this sound right? 

Yes.

"Another question I have is, if choice is part of the Lucifer archetype is this why it is associated with Scorpio?"

The Natural Law of choice, free choice, choice making, are all symbolized by the archetype of Pluto, Scorpio, and the 8th House. These symbols all correlate to the phenomena of Evil as this is contained and symbolized within these archetypes. The phenomena and consciousness of Evil exists within the consciousness of all Souls just as the phenomena and consciousness of the Source exists within all Souls.

For the consciousness within any Soul to become Evil, to do Evil, is must make a choice to do so. Thus wherever we find the symbols of Pluto, Scorpio, and the sign on the 8th house, and the location of it's planetary ruler, as well as the symbols for Lucifer correlate to the natural portals in human consciousness through which Evil can exist: the 'temptations' of Evil, Lucifer. Yet the Soul makes choices to allow this to exist when it does so.

God Bless, Rad

That is so much deeper an understanding, thank you that really helps alot.

Heather

Wendy

Quote from: Rad on Nov 26, 2012, 09:23 AM
Hi Ari, Stacie, Wendy, Mirta, Gonazlo, Heather and Cat,

Please let me know who is still wishing to continue this thread which is now about Obama's Lucifer.

God Bless, Rad

Hi Rad,

Yes, I'm in.  It has been an intense Mercury retro time and my life is just settling down.  I will post by Friday.  Thank you.

cat777

Hi Rad,

I am sorry for the delay in replying.  Mercury Retro brought several days of internet outage.  I have it back now but have a business trip coming up which will take me away from internet access again.  I don't think I can commit right now.  Should I manage to get it together I will post, but I do not want to hold anyone up so let's just assume I need to drop out for now.  I will be following along when I can as its a fascinating topic and a great learning experience

cat

mirta

Hi Rad,
Sorry for the insistence, but I wonder if you missed my post, or perhaps the question.

Quote from: mirta on Nov 27, 2012, 06:54 AM
Hi Rad,
Yes, I wish to continue. I would need more a week to do the analysis.

I have a question regarding Lincoln's evolutionary state. I have been reading a little about him and it seems to me he was 3rd individuated. But given that Obama is already within 1st spiritual, should I suppose that Lincoln was in the cusp or 1st spiritual too?

Thanks for your guidance and for waiting and allowing us to take the time we need.

Thanks again
God Bless
Mirta

Rad

Quote from: mirta on Nov 29, 2012, 11:02 AM

Hi Rad,
Sorry for the insistence, but I wonder if you missed my post, or perhaps the question.

Quote from: mirta on Nov 27, 2012, 06:54 AM
Hi Rad,
Yes, I wish to continue. I would need more a week to do the analysis.

I have a question regarding Lincoln's evolutionary state. I have been reading a little about him and it seems to me he was 3rd individuated. But given that Obama is already within 1st spiritual, should I suppose that Lincoln was in the cusp or 1st spiritual too?

Thanks for your guidance and for waiting and allowing us to take the time we need.

Thanks again
God Bless
Mirta

Hi Mirta,

Yes, right on the cusp of the 1st Individuate State ... moving back and forth between the 3rd Individuated, and the 1st Spiritual. This is quite typical: the moving back and forth for more than one life.

God Bless, Rad

mirta

ari moshe

Hi Rad and all,

Regarding how the bearer of light archetype played out in the life of Lincoln, first the basic astro correlations:

Lincoln's Lucifer was at 6 Virgo, retrograde in this first house. That Lucifer is in gibbous phase opposition to his Pluto in the first. It is ruled by Mercury in Pisces in the 1st house which is conjunct Pluto and ruled by Neptune. That Mercury also forms a first quarter square with Neptune and Saturn both in Sag in the 9th house Neptune being conjunct the MC.

The sn of Lincoln's Lucifer is 18 Leo in the 6th house, conjunct the NN of Neptune, square to Uranus and ruled by the Sun which is conjunct the north node of Lucifer at 20 Aquarius. The north node of Lucifer is ruled by Uranus which is in Scorpio in the 9th house conjunct the north node of the Moon and again squares the sn in Leo in the 6th.
The north node of Lucifer is also conjunct the Ascendent and with a wide orb conjunct Chiron in Aquarius in the 12th. The nodal axis of the Moon itself forms a skipped step with that Chiron in Aquarius in the 12th house.

The way I have done this is by first offering a basic set up of the general karmic dynamics implied by the Lucifer signatures in Lincoln's chart, and then the specific correlations of those signatures as it relates to the arhchetype of the "bearer of light".

The essence of the soul of Lincoln, in the life of Lincoln was to be an agent of a higher source to establish greater freedom and equality for all people, regardless of "caste". He did this through establishing a radical vision (9th house, Uranus) that excellerated the times he was living in to a higher level of consciousness. Pluto in the first in Pisces signifies the spiritual calling to fulfill a special purpose. In opposition to Lucifer in Virgo in the 6th: A core karmic dynamic within this soul is where he was influenced and negatively effected by the debilitating criticism of other people. It was the use of word, duplicity and trickery of others that had an effect of frequently creating a disempowering and overwhelming effect on this soul. The ruler of that Lucifer being Mercury is in a balsamic conjunction to Pluto and squaring the Saturn Neptune balsamic conjuction along with the MC. The stress within this soul was to communicate in ways that all people could hear (Pisces, Neptune) something that was new, but was also relevent and appropriate according to the climate of the culture and the prevailing beliefs and visions of that culture - Saturn in Sag, MC. Relative to this Lucifer Pluto opposition this signifies at a core level the stress this soul had in going back and forth between doubting himself, his purpose and his unique role via the criticism (Virgo, gibbous phase) and dissuasion of other people who were likely influenced in some way by evil. The evolutionary intention within this was for Lincoln to learn to throw off and release from himself unecessary relating patterns that give too much power away to other people by way of trying to listen to them in a balanced way. It also implies, relative to the nature of the Pluto polarity point, that these "others" had the effect of instigatingn evolution within the soul by reflecting back to Lincoln the limitations in his own direct inspiration and connection to a higher purpose he is here to act upon.

The disillusioning dynamic for this soul has been the hard lesson of discriminating other people's other motives and intentions. The fact of this being carried over into Obama's chart by that Lucifer right on Obama's 7th house Pluto is quite amazing!

The sn of Lucifer further emphasizes these dynamics as it points to self doubt relative to his life's purpose.  And thus the temptation for this soul to feel inadequate, not prepared, not worthy and ready to do the work he is here to do. The influence of other people (natal Lucifer in 7th, Virgo) would catalyze that pre-existing dynamic of self doubt within this soul. It's relevant to note as well that the 6th house itself is ruled by the Moon which is in Capricorn in the 11th house: an ego structure in that life linked to radicalizing society, and yet that Moon was in an early square to the nodes: a skipped step symbolizing groups of people (11th house) that attempted to thwart Lincon's plan by lying and using all kinds attacks on Lincoln's vision (such as Greely's article he wrote against Lincoln's politics when Lincoln did not yet free the slaves). The intention for the soul of Lincoln was to establish a new national identity (Cap Moon in 11th) through the future oriented vision he was here to offer to the world, and by cutting away old beliefs about a certain culture of people: the black slaves in america (all squaring 9th house Scorpio nn). Given that this nn is ruled by Pluto, this brings us back to the opposition with natal Lucifer.
The intention for this soul has been to bear the light of truth regardless of the kind of opposition from others and the self doubt created from that opposition.

To focus specifically on how the archetype of the bearer of light manifested, it's first and foremost expressed by way of the north node of his Lucifer which is conjunct his natal Sun and the ruler of his sn. The nn of Lucifer is conjunct Chiron in the 12th which is also on the sn of Neptune. This correlates to a soul who coming into this life has already strongly developed the consciousness of bringing higher awareness of God, of higher truth into this world: the ruler of his Lucifer sn is conjunct the nn of Lucifer, signifying a dynamic within this soul that is being replayed in the current life. The intention in the life of Lincoln was to stay focused on the 1st house Sun without falling back into the self doubt of the sn in the 6th that it rules. In so doing, this soul was channeling forth and, through the brightness of his own being that was actualized and expressed in the world on a moment to moment basis of continual action - Sun first house - he was exemplifying a path that is linked to the principals of inclusiveness and sharing (Aquarius) and also bore the light by remaining detached and non reactive, not taking personally the attracts and projections, and mind control games (Aquarius, Chiron in 12th squaring the nodes) of others who sought to manipulate and usurp the divine path Lincoln was on.

He bore the light by staying simply staying on his path and remaining devoted to being a poster child for what it's like to hold strong to one's core purpose - Aquarius, fixed energy linked to social change, linked to the bearer of light of Lucifer. Keeping his mind above the bs of others, and staying focused on his purpose is how this archetype expressed.

Relating all of this back to the position of natal Lucifer itself, Retrograde in Virgo in the 6th, noting that Lucifer forms a T square with Neptune, Saturn and Mercury, it all translates to skillfully working with his words and the careful execution of his spiritual vision via the current structures of time and space and to refine, develop his ability to communicate to and meet the needs of all other kinds of people at the same time. So the evolutionary theme for this soul, which he did in fact achieve to a great extent, was to simultaneously listen to all kinds of people and their perspectives, but also to stay completely devoted, connected to his purpose.

The Moon and Chiron in Aquarius skipped step implies where there had been great disillusionment around humanity in general in the past and that this is something that this soul has carried heavy with him - likely linking back even further to a time during which he himself had been exclusive and ascribed to beliefs that were limiting to various people. I am quite curious what this has related to within this soul. It seems with these signatures that the life of Lincoln itself was still not the first life where this soul had attempted such social change on a collective level.

Leaving the life of Lincoln, this soul has in fact carried forth the Lucifer archetype in an extremely powerful way. In Obamas chart it reflects both unresolved dynamics that are being brought forth from Lincoln: that which is not yet complete, as well as a very special and highly developed spiritual attunement and purpose that has been directly carried over into the life of Obama.

In Obamas chart the position of natal Lucifer is itself conjunct the sn of Lucifer in Leo in the 6th conjunct the DC, both Lucifer and its sn conjunct the north node of Neptune. This reflects back to Lincolns chart wherein the ruler of the sn of lucifer was conjunct the nn of Lucifer which itself was placed in his 12th house (like Neptune). All of the symbols in Lincolns chart in this regard and brilliantly, and even more strongly re-emphasized in Obamas chart.

The north node of Lucifer in Obamas chart is at 24 Aquarius and falls in his first house, conjunct his lunar south node! The playover of the Lucifer archetpye is incredibly emphasized within this soul with the strong sn associations. This sn is ruled by Uranus which is conjunct his own lunar north node. This is a symbol for a dynamic that existed within the life of Lincoln (one of liberation) that is now intensified and is meant to be developed even further. I will discuss the meaning of this further down.

Further basic observations regarding the connection of signatures between Lincoln and Obama:
Obama's Lucifer falls at 12 Leo in his 6th house on his Sun. It squares Neptune in Scorpio in the 9th and Ceres in Taurus in the 3rd. That Neptune is ruled by Pluto in Virgo in the 7th house and squares Jupiter in Aquarius in the 1st. Obama's Pluto is conjunct the natal position of Lincoln's Lucifer. Pluto is in opposition to Chiron which is the placement by house and sign of Lincoln's natal Pluto. That Chiron is ruled by Neptune and that Neptune is conjunct Lincoln's north node.

The archetype of the bearer of light has been playing out in the life of Obama by way of how this soul has come into this world with the intention to develop and improve his self actualization - implying that in this life he is reflecting heavily on what works and what doesn't work, and with the intention to improve and address any aspects of denial regarding his purpose that is latent from the past (Lucifer conjunct its sn in the 6th house symbolizing latent relive dynamics). This expresses by way of this soul becoming very discriminative regarding the nature of his purpose and how to work with highest integrity possible; to correct previously made mistakes.

On another level, the strong 6th house Lucifer emphasis for this soul implies that he is bearing the light in this life by creating work that truly brings greater light and consciousness into this world. Relative to the evolutionary theme of his Lucifer nn in Aquarius in the first, relative to the natal position of Lucifer in the 6th and linking the ruler of the north node: Uranus in the 7th with Pluto: it has translated to spearheading social reform programs such as improved healthcare systems (6th house) that is relevent and applicable to all kinds of groups and social divisions in the country (7th house Uranus). He is also quite happy to call this health care reform "Obama care" (Leo).

(Note that both the nodes of Lucifer along with the Sun and Lucifer itself are squaring Ceres in Taurus in the 3rd along with Neptune in Scorpio in the 9th. This is important to point out as both Ceres and Vesta are squaring the nodal axis of the Moon. They are in the third house and are integrated through the lunar north node which is conjunct the nn of Lucifer, also squaring those asteroids. This third house skipped step theme here is also a repeat of the Gemini Moon squaring the nodes. I would like to spend more time reflecting on the actual correlations of these signatures within the soul of Obama and offer further interpretation.)

The north node of Lucifer being on the lunar south node correlates to a very well developed dynamic that is being brought forth from the past and karmicly needing to be played out once again. This south node being ruled by Uranus which is with the north node implies the direct theme here of initiating actions that will affect liberation and greater equality for all kinds of groups. The north node of Neptune involved with all those first house signatures is quite literally signifying an intention from a higher source for this soul to bring greater light into this world through persistent,objective and detached action. One way this soul bears light would also be through his ability to not care what other people think - simple things like that serve as great examples of the God consciousness of giving and sharing: how to listen with true consideration (7th house linkage) and at the same time to stand strong on one's own path without false or unnecessary compromise.

The marker for how this soul is to be a bearer of light ultimately comes down to following his own path. The correlations with Pluto being right on the Lucifer of Lincoln, and the immense confrontations and need to break through resistance implied within his own Pluto signature - conjunct Uranus, new phase with Mars in Virgo, also that it is conjunct the ruler of all that Aquarius and in opposition to Chiron, which is conjunct Lincoln's Pluto, implies that this soul is weeding out latent dynamics of self doubt that has otherwise blocked him from acting in the past. Ultimately this is all integrated through his own Sun which is right there conjunct Lucifer and its own SN: Reliving and rediscriminating how to actualize his purpose.

Thank you so much for this learning opportunity Rad. This is a deep blessing in my life.
God bless, with love,
Ari Moshe

Stacie

Hi Rad,

Just affirming that I too am still in. Close to posting on the lincoln/obama B.O.L. signatures (1 to 3 days).

Thanks,
Stacie

mirta

Hi Rad and Group,
Thanks for sharing your deep knowledge, and for the opportunity of learning.

Some observations of the Bearer of Light in Barack Obama and Abraham Lincoln's charts.

ABRAHAM LINCOLN
            "With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to     see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds" (Second Inaugural Address) (Lucifer in Virgo in 7th house opposite Pluto in Pisces square Saturn and Neptune in 9th house  Sag, inconjunct Chiron in Aquarius; SN Lucifer in Leo in 6th house trine SN Uranus in 10th and conjunct Neptune NN; NN in Aquarius in 12th house conjunct Chiron, Sun and Pallas.)

SN Lucifer in Leo in 6th house conjunct NN Neptune opposite Chiron in 12th house Aquarius that is conjunct SN Neptune, and gibbous inconjunct Pluto, reflects a former intention of creative self actualization in work as a way to serve and help humanity to actualize the Divine Plan of Union.

In Lincoln's life Lucifer in Virgo conjunct PPP manifested as the Bearer of Light by turning into reality the Soul's purpose of realizing its special destiny of finding an individual, original way of struggling to achieve social union according to Natural Law, and initiating a new social structure according to it. (Pluto in 1st house Pisces trine Uranus conjunct NN in 9th house, ruler Neptune in Sag in 9th house conjunct Saturn)

NN Lucifer in 12th house Aquarius conjunct Chiron, Ascendant, Sun and Pallas, and trine Mars in 8th house Libra; ruled by Uranus in Scorpio in 9th house conjunct NN, suggests that this new social structure pointed to liberation from imprisonment in social exclusion (slavery), healing the wounds of difference, of being a foreigner , an outsider (Chiron square
Resolution NN conjunct NN  Chiron in 9th house), and recovering the former union between people and with God/ess existing in matriarchal times aligned with N.L. (conjunction Chiron conjunct SN Neptune in Aquarius ruled by Uranus in 9th house).

He was a leader who always accepted observations and critics, but was not afraid of following his own instinct when he judged convenient (Lucifer in Virgo in 7th house, ruler Mercury in Pisces balsamic conjunction Pluto in 1st house), and able to accept praise and trust with humility. (SN Lucifer in Leo in 6th house conjunct NN Neptune opposite Chiron in 12th house Aquarius that is conjunct SN Neptune and gibbous inconjunct Pluto).
This humility is also present in the Gettysburg Address: "But, in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate"¦ we cannot consecrate"¦ we cannot hallow"¦ this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here."
However, his select words were never forgotten, despite its succinctness.

God's consciousness through Lucifer in Virgo in 7th house provided discrimination and understanding of other's needs as well as the differences between people and acceptation of them, together with a capacity to identify the people's qualities and possibilities. That's why he choose his collaborators according to personal conditions and responsibility, without looking at their party. (ARREGLAR)
He avoided quarrels or suits without listening all the parts involved, without considering all perspectives and causes. (Lucifer in 7th house sextile Uranus in 9th house Scorpio inconjunct Venus that is ruled by Mars in Libra in 8th house.)

Slavery abolition is perhaps what best reflects God's consciousness manifesting through this Soul.
Although he felt that Afro Americans were not equal to whites, he believed the American founders intended that all men were created with certain inalienable rights. (Lucifer in 7h house square Saturn in Sag in 9th house conjunct Neptune)
However, abolition had also pragmatic reasons, he saw slavery not so much as a moral wrong but as an impediment to economic development, to industrial  development and a way to not more providing cotton to English industry, thus empowering the nation and furthering independence from England. (Lucifer sextile Uranus in 9th house Scorpio, NN Lucifer in Aquarius conjunct Sun, trine Mars in 8th house).
Notwithstanding, slavery was abolished, and he was considered a conqueror hero by liberated slaves: "I know I am free, because I have seen Father Abraham's face and I felt it."
And God's consciousness acted through Lucifer in Virgo with NN in 12th house Aquarius conjunct Chiron and Sun conjunct Pallas in 1st house, by means of a prudent and strategic  program initiated in 1861 and  a definitive proclamation in 1863 (before England could influence on the acknowledgment).
He also made a public announcement of his support to African people's right to vote in Louisiana (Lucifer in 7th house in T-square with Mercury in 1st house Pisces conjunct Mercury NN and Saturn conjunct Neptune in 9t house Sag).
Lincoln never let the world forget that the Civil War involved an even larger issue. (Lucifer in 7h house opposite Pluto in Pisces in 1st house, NN in Aquarius in 12th house, SN in 6th house Leo conjunct Neptune NN) This he stated most movingly in dedicating the military cemetery at Gettysburg: "that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Rad, I have a question: I have no reliable historical sources, and I am not sure about the motivations of his statements about the physical differences between races would made impossible living together in social and political equality and that "as any other man I am in favor of a superior position for white race" (My English version of a quote).
Looking at the chart and considering what he actually did, I believe it was a strategy in order to not generate more opposition given the epoch conditioning of the consensus. But with Moon in Cap conjunct SN Saturn and Pluto in 11th house, ruled by Saturn in 9th house square Mercury that is conjunct Pluto, I wonder if it was not his own conditioning, although not what his Soul intended.
Was abolition only a mean to achieving Union in his conscious intention, was it actually a mean to him?
What I really wonder is: If he really believed in inequality and white superiority,  did the Soul choose to return as Barack Obama with Pluto in 7th house (in Lucifer's exact degree) conjunct Uranus, ruler of Lincoln's Sun and Lucifer NN and Obama's SN  in order to relive that issue, experiencing inequality, "on the other side"? .

BARACK OBAMA
The Soul returned as Barack Obama with Pluto in the same degree of Lincoln's Lucifer, picking up the Bearer of Light as itself, as its background.
And Pluto is conjunct NN that is in Leo conjunct Uranus affirming the purpose here, and emphasizing creative self actualization of the "other", the different, of what is out of the consensus majority.
The Bearer of Light in 13º Leo, conjunct Uranus and Sun stands as a bridge between them, between past, present and future. (Lucifer conjunct  the ruler of SN  that is conjunct Lincoln's Sun and Neptune NN, conjunct Obama's Sun and Neptune NN; Obama's SN is conjunct his Lucifer NN).
Both SN of Lucifer are conjunct, they are picking up the same source, which is SN Lucifer conjunct NN Neptune in Lincoln.
Obama's SN is conjunct Lucifer NN, and its ruler is conjunct SN Lucifer, another hint of reliving an resuming the Bearer of Light's intention, now in conjunction with Sun that is also the NN ruler and NN of Neptune.: the Soul is now integrating its purpose of service to liberation and Union in free self actualization of all members of society.
It is really wonderful to see God's delineation of Its own path through a Soul, one of His sparks.

With LUCIFER IN LEO CONJUNCT NN Neptune in 6th house in 1st Spiritual God's consciousness guides the Soul to knowledge, direct internal knowledge, of its uniqueness and singularity, and to union with other singularities in something larger that includes it and is immanent.  Humility is necessary and is being developed. It manifested as service to society helping to create conditions of  work in order to self actualizing, and promoting health care.
Lucifer square Neptune in 9th house (conjunct  Lincoln's NN, Uranus, and NN Chiron)that is in a GT to Venus in Cancer in 5th house and Chiron in Pisces points to that also and reflects that it is part of the individual's belief system produced by a crisis in consciousness leading to see himself in relation to the All, and that God is intending to transform the societal belief system and consciousness through this Soul. However, he must face crisis and conflicts created by the conservative forces of current society's opposition, some of them rooted in the past (Neptune quintile Uranus that is inconjunct Saturn RX, Saturn gibbous sesquiquadrate Pluto, MH ruler. Saturn conjunct SN Saturn and Pluto, and Lincoln's Moon)

NN LUCIFER in Aquarius in 1st house conjunct SN reflects the Soul's purpose of developing a free individuality,  free from societal and racial conditionings, able to affirm itself in the world with its singularity and uniqueness and able to lead and help others to liberate as well.
As SN in turn is conjunct Chiron in Pisces, the Bearer of Light is promoting  healing of  past traumas in the individuated unconsciousness as well as in the collective and racial unconsciousness and consciousness  and a way out of exclusion and loss by means of a renewed self-relation,  self worth , self image and consequent self-realization as God's creatures  (Uranus SN ruler, SN Chiron conjunct Lincoln's SN, NN Chiron conjunct Lincoln's Mars in 8th house; Chiron  conjunct Persephone, Ceres in Taurus ruled by Venus in 5th house in GT with Chiron and  Neptune in 9th house Scorpio).
The Bearer of Light is pointing toward a humble and detached individuality that perceives himself and others as souls and sees himself as "instrumental", as a medium through which God's Love and healing flows to Humanity.
NN of Lucifer conjunct the Resolution Node of Moon's skipped steps and Chiron, that is conjunct Lincoln's Sun and NN of Lucifer and SN Neptune reflects the continuity of God's intention through this Soul of liberating people of all forms of conditioning and exclusion.
Equality and inclusion in freedom is what this Soul is and has been seeking and promoting; ability to achieve it for himself and others, following its own objective intuition with ever increasing compassion is its direction and goal.

Rad, aware of the privilege and blessing of having your attention and teaching, with gratitude. . . God Bless.
Mirta

Rad

Hi  Ari,and  Mirta,

Thanks for making the effort and sharing your EA analysis's of the 'bearer of Light' in Obama's/ Lincoln's charts. I will wait a couple more days for others in our group to do so as well before commenting on your work. For those who are still planning on doing this analysis please let me know.

God Bless, Rad

mountainheather

Hi Rad and all,
I can post by Thursday, I've been tending to my mother who just got out of the hospital(all's well!), so I've been slow in responding, sorry! Heather

Rad

Hi Heather,

Thanks for letting me know. I will wait until Thursday then to read through and comment on the work that you and the others have done.

God Bless, Rad

mountainheather

Hi Rad and Group,
My thoughts are not yet all together in written form for this assignment, please proceed and I will post when I am able. My apologies if I've been holding things up unnecessarily. I'm finding such joy in examining these beautiful souls and the massive influence of light radiating from them. Thank you. Heather

Rad

Hi Ari,

This is simply a brilliant EA analysis of the 'bearer of Light' between the charts of Lincoln and Obama. The linkages by way of aspects to the various Lucifer symbols, S/N Nodes, placement of their rulers, aspects to them that go back and forth between the two charts is just exceptional EA work. You have demonstrated a great understanding of the 'bearer of Light' as it applies to the Soul that has manifested both as Lincoln and Obama. Here is one of the statements within your analysis that goes right to the core of it all:

"The intention for this soul has been to bear the light of truth regardless of the kind of opposition from others and the self doubt created from that opposition."

This is exceptional EA work Ari, this is how it is meant to be done. For all others interested in EA in general, and the application of the Lucifer symbol specifically, please read carefully and thoughtfully this EA analysis by Ari.

God Bless, Rad