School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Neptune and evolution

Started by Linda, Apr 04, 2012, 07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

Hi Rad,

What are the Neptunian "emotions" that make evolution possible?  Are they to be understood in a....

1.  physical sense (crying, yearning),
2.  symbolic sense (universal ocean),
3.  or in context of one Soul desire to return to Source (complete surrender)?

I understand the water trinity is involved (and perhaps even the evolutionary stages), but my question specifically relates to Neptune.

Thank you.

Linda

Rad

Hi Linda,

"What are the Neptunian "emotions" that make evolution possible?"

One of the core emotions that correlate with Neptune, Pisces, and the 12th House, and the Nodes of Neptune, and evolution is one of disillusionment. To be disillusioned means that the Soul had been creating a reality around 'something' in which a sense of ultimate meaning has been projected upon that something. In so projecting that sense of ultimate meaning into that 'something' when that something is not Goddess itself it means that that something has become a defacto Goddess. Thus, to be disillusioned from that something holding such ultimate meaning is then to be faced with a deep inner void when the disillusioning is occurring. The Natural Law behind this is make the Soul ask the question of what in fact constitutes the REAL ultimate meaning for it's life. And that then is intended to lead right back to the Source of the Soul itself: Goddess.

Of course most Souls don't do that even thought it's the intention. Most Souls will then try to find another 'something' to project that ultimate meaning into all over again. So round and round the Soul goes in this way until the Soul finally realizes what that ultimate meaning for life is, and to commit to this.

The most intense and difficult Neptunian emotion that manifests relative to disillusionment is one of hysteria.

Another natural emotion specific to Neptune, etc, is one of empathy where empathy allows us to truly understand the emotional realities and needs of others. And within this emotion to DESIRE to help others in the ways that we naturally can without any other motive or agenda attached to it: to give to others what they actually need in the best ways that we can. This then allows the Soul to evolve because it is one of the Natural Laws and 'commands' of the natural Goddess to do so. The deepest degree of this Natural Law and the emotion of it is to ALWAYS PUT OTHERS FIRST no matter what the consequences may be to oneself: think of Jesus here for example of an ultimate manifestation of this. And remember he did have 6 planets in Pisces, and Neptune conjunct his S.Node. His S.Node of Neptune was in Capricorn which is ruled by his Saturn in Pisces.

When a Soul has committed through desire to reuniting itself with it's own Source, and has inwardly realized that Source, then the natural Neptunian emotion of ECSTASY will permeate the Soul when that direct union with the Source takes place. Once any Soul has such an experience it will serve as the very basis and cause of it ongoing evolutionary journey back to the Source itself.

So these are examples of pure Neptunian emotions. There are others but I just don't have the time at the moment to write it all down.

God Bless, Rad

;

Linda

Rad,

Thanks so much for taking the time to go into more detail about the Neptunian emotions.

Much appreciated,

Linda

Upasika

Hi Linda,

Thanks for asking this question, I find it interesting too.

I thought we could summarise what Rad has said, and try ourselves to list more of the feelings & emotions related to Neptune and then Rad could just confirm whether or not they are right.

So far Rad identified these ...

a) Projected meaning onto something => disillusionment => hysteria
b) Empathy => compassion (selfless desire to help)
c) Realisation => Ecstasy

Further suggestions....

d) A feeling of obligation => sacrifice
e) Sense of void/emptiness => feeling of deep loneliness
f) Sense of spiritual separation => feeling of uncaused estrangement
g) Naivety => being deceived, duped => feeling stupid
h) Sense of having done wrong (against one's inner timeless judgement of what is naturally right) => feeling of inner repulsion => masochism

Not sure if these all apply, but Neptune is a bit elusive and I'd like to understand it's emotional manifestations further. It would seem obvious that different feelings & emotions would manifest depending of the evolutionary stage of the individual.

And hysteria - I'm not sure what that really is, just how it physically manifests in a person? Do you have any ideas on that?

blessings Upasika

Linda

Hi Upasika,

Continuing here with some additional insights into Neptunian "emotions."  

Self-denial

I am calling it an emotion, but it is a mixture of self-deception, hiding from the truth, convincing others (Sag), wearing a mask, and blocking out reality.  These weak points could originate from past life actions that are unbearable to face, so guilt, remorse or shame are pushed down deep into the unconscious and replaced with a false persona.  Breaking down of the false to reveal the truth should lead to disillusionment and then to atonement dynamics (Virgo).

Indistinct fears

These can be an array of subtle, intangible or indescribable fears, illusions, delusions, delirium, confusion, figments of the imagination, false impressions or distortions of inner or outer reality.  The individual can be terrified of "something," but not know what it is.  Miraculous Grace flushes out the specters, leaving a feeling of being cleansed.  

Q. What is fear?  
It is only a thought.  
If there is anything besides the Self
there is reason to fear.
(Ramana Maharshi)

The Jesus complex

Not sure what emotion is generated here, but thought I'd include this archetype and call it spiritual arrogance.  Creating an illusion that one is God-like beyond any imperfection.  Examples:  cult leaders, spiritual subversives, monstrously inflated egos.

Hysteria (somatisation disorder) - the most extreme Neptunian emotion

Wiki - Unmanageable emotional excesses and loss of self-control due to an overwhelming fear caused by events comprising severe conflict.  What would drive a Soul to the stage of hysteria?  Some causes could be:  keeping secrets;  suppressing fear;  or the unconscious mind's attempt to protect from psychic stress.  The pressure would have to be so great that the explosion of emotion would serve as a crisis or release point.

Ecstasy

Ecstasy might be considered the opposite of hysteria.  Where hysteria is the uncontrolled build-up of panicky emotions to explosion point, ecstasy is a peacefulness exceeding the imagination.  It could be described as Divine union, expanded spiritual awareness, transcendence of normal consciousness, a trance-like state, or bliss during meditation.  Ecstasy can be deliberately induced through meditation, chanting, music, dancing, creativity, sexual intercourse or psychotropic drugs.  

Blissful chant - Om Namah Shivaya (Krishna Das)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0xo4TIfiOY

Meditation experiences

Q.  When I meditate I feel a certain bliss at times.  On such occasions, should I ask myself,  "Who is it that experiences this bliss?"

Ramana Maharshi:  If it is the real bliss of the Self that is experienced, that is, if the mind has really merged in the Self, such a doubt will not arise at all. The question itself shows real bliss was not reached.  All doubts will cease only when the doubter and his source have been found.  There is no use removing doubts one by one.  If we clear one doubt, another doubt will arise and there will be no end of doubts.  But if, by seeking the source of the doubter, the doubter is found to be really non-existent, then all doubts will cease.

Spaciousness, Beingness, Surrender

I'm calling these emotions, because they can be perceived.  The Original Nature is beyond words, and perhaps the emotions are too.  An attempt at describing this could be having no boundaries, infinite, love, peace, bliss, joy, freedom, tenderness.

Blessings,
Linda

Rad

Hi Upasika and Linda,

What you have both listed here are not emotions as such other than restating hysteria, disillusionment, esctacy. What you have listed are a variety of psychological archetypes and manifestations that correlate with Neptune. On that list there is one that does connect to a pure emotion that correlates to Neptune, Pisces, and the 12th House that very, very few people understand or know about. When you listed feeling 'duped, naive, stupid" that is a psychological dynamics. Yet the pure emotion of it that can lead to that psychology is one wherein the Soul ASSUMES THAT ALL SOULS SIMPLY WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING, ASSUMES THAT ALL PEOPLE ARE WHOM THEY APPEAR TO BE, ASSUMES THAT ALL OTHER SOULS DO NOT DO HARMFUL OR BAD THINGS TO IT'S OWN SELF. This archetype here is one of EMOTIONAL ASSUMPTIONS. These kinds of emotional assumptions emanate from the natural psychological purity or innocence contained within the Pisces, Neptune, 12th House archetype. And it is this kind of emotion that can then lead to feeling stupid, duped, naive, disillusioned and so on.

God Bless, Rad

Linda

Hi Rad,

For evolution to take place through the emotions, is it essential that all three types of emotions pertaining to the "water trinity" (Pisces, Scorpio, Cancer) be activated?  

Thank you.

Linda

Upasika

Hi Linda & Rad,

Thanks for extending the list Linda and the quotes from Ramana. I had also been thinking afterwards of the various positive Neptunian "emotions" such as: "gratitude" for the beauty and goodness of the universe, "awe" at the vastness of creation, "peace" and "bliss" that arise from meditating. I did feel however that in places I was possibly describing psychological states, or simply feelings (which are different to emotions) rather than emotions as such.

So thanks for re-aligning us with the essential basics of Neptune emotion Rad.

So we're down to core Neptunian emotions of: disillusionment, hysteria, empathy, emotional assumptions and ecstasy - all of which are either derived from various psychological states associated with Neptune, or will lead to various psychological states associated with Neptune. I take it this is closer to being correct...

blessings Upasika

Linda

Hi Upasika,

It's great having you here more actively again!

Love,

Linda

Upasika

Thanks Linda !

When I get the chance I also really enjoy being involved again.
Nice too, to connect you with :)

blessings Upasika

Rad

Hi Linda,

Yes .........

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Upasika,

I would like to say too that it's wonderful to have you back and participating on our mb. You have always been a great contributor when your health situation has allowed. Whatever your health situation is about I certainly wish that you can be healed to the maximum extent that is possible.

God Bless you,

Rad

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Thanks so much for your deeply healing support, I'm very touched by it...

I do love being able to particpate with all the beautiful souls here, it's so nourishing and I've missed not being more involved. Health is slowly improving so hopefully in a couple of months or so I will be able to jump in more with everyone - I'm really hoping so, to me this community is a special gift, a real oasis.

many blessings,
Upasika

Stacie

Hi All,

The emotional purity/simplicity Rad describes reminds me of the healing power of animal therapy.  A few examples that come to mind are things like volunteers bringing dogs/cats and various animals to visit residents of nursing homes and similar institutions.  Another example would be the cat adoption program that is utilized in some prisons where inmates can earn the privilege of adopting a cat, who then lives with the inmate in their cell (this is so emotionally healing for many inmates).  Also there is the profound influence that animals tend to have in drawing people out of their social shells..its amazing how readily people let their guard down when and because an animal is present--strangers readily approaching other strangers to connect in a spirit of good will, when they might otherwise just look the other way and pass each other on the street.  The emotional purity of animals seems to have a very powerful resonance in the human soul.  It seems to reflect the One Spirit that is conscious in all living beings, and as humans encounter the emotional purity of animals there tends to be an unspoken, unembellished connection which becomes emotionally accessible within the human..and thus why so profoundly comforting and therapeutic to the complex human emotional structure.

Music is another example I think of that resonates with the emotional simplicity of neptune/pisces..it can also be deeply healing and emotionally affirming by connecting on this level.

Would the experience of emotional desperation be a neptunian emotion or psychology?  

While not an actual neptunian 'emotion', I thought it would be relevant to mention the phenomenon of emotional hypersensitivity, where one unconsciously osmoses emotional content from the external environment and then feels, experiences, and/or assumes the osmosed emotion as one's own...necessitating conscious self-reflective emotional discernment.

Happy Easter
Stacie

Rad

Hi Stacie,

Thanks for posting those comments. In the spirit of your comments I ran across the below article on Orangutangs at a zoo in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It reflects the very spirit, and purity of emotions, of which you write. God Bless, Rad

Milwaukee Zoo arranges iPad "˜play dates' for oragutans in other zoos

By Agence France-Presse
Friday, April 6, 2012 14:15 EDT

The young orangutan reaches his hand through the cage and rubs his knuckles over an iPad, drawing wide colors across the screen with his favorite app.

A few minutes later, Mahal presses his face up against the mesh, stretches out his long tongue and taps the screen to make it light up and play his favorite song, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

Soon Mahal and the two other orangutans at the Milwaukee, Wisconsin county zoo will be able to use their iPad for something even more exciting: "play dates" with orangutans at other zoos and wildlife preserves.

They're already fascinated by videos of orangutans they've watched on the tablet. Their keepers are hoping a live video feed will be even more engaging.

"We're excited to see where that goes," said Trish Kahn, the zoo's primate coordinator.

"It could be they don't care at all, but, from what I understand of them, I think they're definitely going to be able to understand this is real time and they're looking at another orangutan."

Nearly a year after the zoo introduced iPads as a form of enrichment, the primate building is being rewired for wifi so the orangutans can have their play dates and the public can watch them on a webcam.

Several other zoos have also introduced tablets to primates with the help of the non-profit Orangutan Outreach, which launched the "Apps for Apes" campaign after seeing how much the Milwaukee orangutans enjoyed playing with the iPads.

The goal is twofold: to bring a powerful new enrichment activity to the orangutans and to get zoo visitors engaged in the fight to protect an endangered species.

"It's really important for the public to connect with these animals because we're losing them in the wild - they're facing extinction," Kahn told AFP.

"For me the most important thing is for people to recognize these are sentient beings that are so incredible, that have all these wonderful adaptations and a profound brain."

So in addition to the playtime in their private feeding area, the zoo also offers iPad enrichment in the public viewing area, where volunteer Scott Engel shows them videos through the thick glass.

Crowds of people are drawn to Engel and pepper him with questions about the orangutans and the iPad.

They laugh when he tells them that Mahal likes to watch penguin videos while his adoptive mother MJ hankers for BBC nature shows by David Attenborough.

They lean in to take pictures when MJ taps on the glass to get Engel to start the next video.

And they listen when he tells them how orangutans are losing their natural habits as rainforests in Indonesia are burned to make way for palm oil plantations.

Engel, a freelance photographer who has been visiting the zoo to hone his craft for years, got the program going as a bit of a lark after a doctored photo of a gorilla playing with an iPad made the rounds online.

He made contact with the Milwaukee zoo's gorilla keeper over Facebook and offered to donate his old iPad after he upgraded to the iPad 3.

Now, he's coming to the zoo several times a week to show the orangutans videos - many of which he shoots himself.

"It's just amazing to make a connection with an animal," Engel said. "They can brighten your day."

Mahal will raise his hands and clap when he sees Engel and likes to play peek-a-boo by bending under the window frame.

MJ taps her forehead to get Engel to show her the top of his head, or points to her eyes to get him to wipe his face for her.

The most special moments, Engel said, come when the zoo's introverted and somewhat anxious 30-year-old male orangutan comes out of his corner to say hello.

Tommy used to spend most of his days out of sight or with his back to the window.

But he's excited about the iPad, and having Engel stand outside his window seems to have made Tommy more interested in watching other people as they lean in to get a look at his long orange fur and flat black face.

"To see him out and about and engaging and not hiding in his corner is wonderful to us," Kahn said. "He's incredible, and we want people to see him."

Orangutans watch a video on an iPad held up to the glass of their enclosure at Milwaukee County Zoo. Zoo keepers have been using iPads as enrichment tools for nearly a year now and is retrofiting their building with wifi so the playful primates can soon have 'playdates' with orangutans at other zoos using livestreaming video applications like FaceTime. (AFP Photo/Mira Oberman)
Topics: ipad ♦ Scott Engel