School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Seven soul types

Started by Lucius, Jul 04, 2009, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesley

Hi, Ari and all (...I am endlessly fascinated by this topic!),

In my own way of looking at it -- and of course, this is just me -- I don't think of health issues reflected by 'traditional' planetary rulerships, and health problems reflected in the EA correlation/rulerships of the chakras, as manifesting from a different aspect of consciousness. The same 'aspect' of consciousness creates illness, whether we look at it from traditional planetary correlations or EA correlations. The Western way of picking the body apart piece by piece and analyzing each part as if a whole in itself is quite different than the holistic view of the body via the chakra system. But both the chakra system (and the EA planetary correlations to it) and the traditional rulership paradigm can and do reflect the one and same consciousness that is animating the body and thus creating disease or health. Using both together is, as Steve implied in an earlier post, of most value (there is merit in each system, but each is enhanced when used in conjunction with the other).

Regarding chakra archetypes, I've unearthed some notes I took from a book I read years ago, called "Chakras and Their Archetypes," by Ambika Wauters. She correlates the chakras with the following archetypes:

Root chakra = Mother
Sacral chakra = Empress/Emperor
Solar Plexus chakra = Warrior
Heart chakra = Lover
Throat chakra = Communicator
Brow chakra = Intuitive
Crown chakra  = Guru

Just one more angle from which to view this topic...perhaps a little more 'food for thought' for anyone (like me!) so interested in this subject.

Love and blessings to all,
Lesley

Linda

Hi,

Jeff says:  The Soul is an immutable consciousness that has its own individuality or identity that remains intact from life to life.  The Soul manifests a personality in each lifetime, and each personality relates directly to the evolutionary necessities of the Soul.

Is the soul limited to the seven soul types symbolized by the planets in our solar system? 

Could the seven soul types relate to the evolutionary necessities of the soul?

Why do I feel that the definition of the Soul goes beyond this solar system?

Rad

Hi Linda,

Quote from: Linda on Jul 21, 2009, 03:55 AM
Hi,

Jeff says:  The Soul is an immutable consciousness that has its own individuality or identity that remains intact from life to life.  The Soul manifests a personality in each lifetime, and each personality relates directly to the evolutionary necessities of the Soul.

Is the soul limited to the seven soul types symbolized by the planets in our solar system? 

That is true as long as the Soul manifests itself within this Solar System .... In other words there would be reasons for the Soul to manifest itself in this Solar System that correlate to it's own evolutionary and karmic requirements. And thus the seven Soul types.

Yes ..................

Why do I feel that the definition of the Soul goes beyond this solar system?

Because, in the end, the Soul is about the individualized consciousness Created by what we call God/ess. And, thus, it is as vast as that God/ess itself. The vastness reflects the totality of that which has been Created in the first place. And it is that vastness that goes so far beyond the limitations unique to each form within that Creation, including the form of the Solar System we, all of us, are currently within.

Rad

Lucius

That is a succinct, as always, quote from Wolf!  I think  you're second question was a bit of confusion for me too.  From what I understand the inherent structure of the soul correlates with one of the chakras - and as Steve pointed out each chakra correlates with a bottom-line, natural path  - for instance, the Daemon soul structure will naturally gravitate toward Tantra & nature, & the vibrational/light reality of the sacral.  Personalities are assumed & shed life to life in keeping with it's desires & evolution - but, the structure remains the same.  This reality is maintained, vibrationally & via 'light', through the realities inherent in the chakra system (by the grace of God) - so, we all experience all of the chakras & they are doorways.  I think it's here that, at least my mind, gets too linear in it's thinking.  Just as the zodiac has correlations, archetypes and symbols & one can assimilate that without being too literal & allowing intuition to flow this chakra/soul structure needs that 'flow', too.

This type of reality is 'made of' the vibrational realities of the chakra structures, so it makes sense that soul-structures would correlate to these.  Perhaps the structure is inherent even outside these realities, when experiencing these realities there is a 'lens' or necessary structure - for instance, a human body....so, perhaps the chakras are like a lens or, like the structure of light that can break down into a rainbow prism.

Yogananda's commentary on the Bhagavad Gita has plenty of words on the chakras - if you have this book luckily, as you know there's an index!  If you don't have it - get it!   :)

Lucius

Lesley

Rad, thank you so much for the clarification. I had been under the mistaken assumption that a Soul's 'structure' or chakra archetype was part of the 'Soul's ego' that Wolf talked about: the inherent individual ego of the Soul beneath its manifested egos in each life.

The idea that a Soul can take on any of the 7 different 'structures' or chakra types in each life makes so much more intuitive sense!...Thank you too, Linda, for your post of questions that helped demystify this topic.

Love and blessings to you both,
Lesley

Lucius

I didn't think that Rad or Wolf were saying that a soul can take on any of the seven structures - I thought the structure was inherent even though the immutable consciousness that is a soul is ultimately much vaster than any paticular relativistic time/space reality as is God/dess itself.  I.e., a Daemon soul is a Daemon soul is a Daemon soul from the moment of it's creation from Source.  Or are we saying here that the soul each incarnation will correlate to a different structure/chakra each lifetime, if necessary?  So, a Daemon soul for awhile, as necessary, then, Bhakti, etc. - ?

Second - I thought the general idea is the soul has inherent identity and the ego is the created personality life to life that dissolves back into the soul....?

Oh, dear, thought I understood now, not so sure!  Egads!!  Help.  ;D

Linda

Rad, Lucius and Lesley:

Your answers and thoughts make perfect sense.

Lesley, I've looked at the information you posted linking each of the 360 degrees with a different place on the body:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-information/degree-anatomical-correlations.php

As Wolf correlates chakras and planets to diagnosing health, what a shock to discover that my Neptune 2.31 deg Scorpio conjunct Ascendant exactly correlates to a health condition I have.  

Lucius, I also look forward to learning the answers to your most recent queries!

Personally, I think a Soul is created by God/ess to reflect the vastness of creation (and not to reflect one of the seven soul types).  But due to the evolutionary necessity that a Soul continue to grow for God/ess' own purposes, it necessarily adopts one (plus sub-type) of the seven soul types of our particular solar system.   

But of course I'll wait to see what Rad says!

Thanks,
Linda

Lucius

Your quote Linda:"Personally, I think a Soul is created by God/ess to reflect the vastness of creation (and not to reflect one of the seven soul types)"  I agree completely!  I would add there is natural law, and inherent truths - the structure of reality, natural reality reflects the divine...

Let me think outloud a little:  I thought the structure was inherent not something we 'choose', but when we are in these types of reality the soul-structure correlates with certain archetypes and out of necessity & natural law is expressed within those terms.....but, I may have completely misunderstood!  What is being said here is that the soul chooses a needed structure in a similar fashion as it 'chooses' an ego-personality life to life - ?

For instance, from what I've read Stacie here is a Daemon soul - I assumed millenia ago she was & millenia hence she will be, etc. as a soul identity it is who she is, to fulfill her desires she creates various ego life after life as she evolves back to Source - but as a spark of god/dess she is the Source, utimately(as are we all)....& part of the wounding to said souls is that their inherent nature has been degraded & maligned as evil quite literally, etc. and so there are major issues of masochism, for instance. 

Of course, this is all relative & terminology - we are all the Source ultimately.  However, we do find ourselves here & there our natural laws that reflect god/dess & I'd just like to understand better!

Maybe a good way to understand this, for me at least, is how even a soul such as Jesus needs to have an ego-consciousness in this reality despite the soul level of evolution relative to these realities - it's simply the natural law that correlates to these realities...thus the soul-structure is expressed similarly - it isn't totally defined by these realities but it will express it's nature/desires within these structures - even as Jesus, from what I understand, was/is a Daemon soul but his ego-personality was assumed for that life....
I simply thought the soul-structure was inherent not 'chosen'...ok, so I hope I make some sense! :)

Steve

To me, its not so much a Soul "choosing" a Soul Type as a Soul simply inherently resonates in a way where it finds itself naturally aligned with a particular way of looking at life that we then correlate with a Soul Type.  

Each Soul has a very ancient past - billions of choices have been made along the way, in all the forms of life expressions that a Soul has appeared in since beginning its separated existence.  All those choices over all that time have created an inherent character, nature.  This is so fundamental and so ancient that this nature is not going to drastically change in any (what we would call) short period of time

Over eons of time that nature evolves, refines itself, becomes purer expression of its essence, Source.  But I can't see it turning into something that is completely unrelated to what it has been to date.  Thus the basic underlying Soul Type attraction while in human form is not really going to change very much.  Its how a Soul is wired.

Lucius

Thanks Steve.  I think I understand what you're saying....& it makes sense.  After I posted that last convoluted post I was thinking back to the first Pluto school & I sure wish I had the transcripts.  I think I'm surprised because I was certain that Wolf had said that the soul-structure was inherent from god/dess, each soul certainly a unique creation, but that there were inherent structures & that, for instance Daemon (I go back to this because it's the only soul-structure talked about in the school & mentioned frequently in EA) souls were a particular soul-structure.  I did not get the impression that it was a structure within these realities that a soul would then resonate with once incarnating.....

I'll have to whip out Yogananda's Bhagavad Gita because I'm certain just recently he was saying the soul is endowed with a distinct identity- I can see a 'type' or structure as well as it being unique...as every human being is, for instance.

Aside or in conjunction with these thoughts is when I can get boggled by what precisely is evolving - it seems it's an exhaustion of desires & then to return, rediscover or realize what one is inherently and was all along - and it is that aspect that is timeless, changeless yet it would seem there is still structure - the soul in & of itself is a structure but it is the inherent consciousness that makes it 'alive' & that precise quality is god/dess itself.....

to put it a little simpler - the soul is progressively becoming conscious of what it's nature is: god/dess. 

Lucius

Another thing I just recalled is Wolf saying the Daemon soul origins, or 'home', I can't remember the precise word he used now - but, at any rate, something to do with Sirius and/or the Pleiades.....someone have their VHS/DVD/transcript handy - ?

Lucius

Well, I downloaded again (fried laptop with coffee a few weeks back) the old message board - Wolf specifically states Sirius 'the home from which the Daemon manifests' & links it to the ancient space folks, etc.

Lucius

Me again!  Here's a quote from the old board in answer to this question:

Daemon Souls Regarding the term 'daemon soul' does this refer to a state of soul evolution through which everyone passes, or is it a specific kind of 'soul
identity' inherent from the time of iniitial separation from the source? Leslie  

WOLF: it is a special kind of soul, its own identity... not all souls are daemon... all souls, at some point though, do enter the stage of deconditioning from all that which is not natural, natural laws Jeffrey

I always assumed Wolf meant an identity prior to & aside from time/space realities since the question specifically stated an identity since separation from source.....

up too late - found another quote from JWG about Daemons he says to a question about whether it has to do with evolutionary condition and if a soul can 'undo' being Daemon to which he replies, 'Jeffrey: no, it is just the soul type or signature .. from it's inception'

Lesley

Hi, everyone -- what a great discussion!

Linda, your words reflect exactly the way I've always thought of this:

Quote from: Linda on Jul 21, 2009, 06:55 PM

Personally, I think a Soul is created by God/ess to reflect the vastness of creation (and not to reflect one of the seven soul types).  But due to the evolutionary necessity that a Soul continue to grow for God/ess' own purposes, it necessarily adopts one (plus sub-type) of the seven soul types of our particular solar system.   

(P.S. -- How about that link of anatomical correlations!  :) It nailed not only a lot of health issues I have, but many in my family/clients as well.)

Steve, your words also reflect perfectly my own understanding of this subject up to this point:

Quote from: Steve on Jul 21, 2009, 08:05 PM
To me, its not so much a Soul "choosing" a Soul Type as a Soul simply inherently resonates in a way where it finds itself naturally aligned with a particular way of looking at life that we then correlate with a Soul Type...the basic underlying Soul Type attraction while in human form is not really going to change very much.  It's how a Soul is wired.

It was when I read Rad's reply to Linda that I started thinking otherwise:

Quote from: Rad on Jul 21, 2009, 12:34 PM

Yes ..................

Because the evolutionary necessities of any Soul are not 'linear,' and can and do shift focus from life to life (within the overall intention to ultimately reunite with the Source/God), I deduced from that answer that perhaps a Soul can resonate with/reflect a different chakra depending upon the evolutionary intentions of the current or given life. If one 'chakra' goes out of balance, it quite often has the result of creating imbalance in other chakras as well...thereby requiring concentration or focus on more than one chakra over the vast evolutionary experience of the Soul. (...Or not?  :))

This would explain why the Daemon archetype would, in my view -- this is only my understanding -- 'precede' whatever Soul structure/chakra archetype is observed through the current-life ego.

It may sound really corny, but I thank God'dess we have this thread going, because I have always wondered about this and am truly grateful for an opportunity to better understand the concept.

Love and blessings to all,
Lesley