Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Dec 13, 2017, 11:12 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chart Rulers  (Read 1353 times)
Cypress

« on: May 17, 2012, 10:41 PM »

I am curious about how to determine the ruler of a chart. I have been reading astrology books for 15 years and came across EA only a couple years ago. Sometimes things I've read before become intertwined with the things I am reading now, and I only need some clarification.

I have read that each astrological sign is divided into three decanates each consisting of 10 degrees. Each decanate is ruled by a different planet based on the planetary rulers of other signs representing the same element. The way I understand it, your chart ruler is determined by your rising sign. My question is, in EA, are the decanates acknowledged? If so, does the decanate determine your chart ruler or just the sign? For instance, my rising sign is Leo, ruled by the Sun, but I'm also at 17 degrees of Leo, meaning I fall into the second decanate, which is ruled by Jupiter. Does that mean my Chart Ruler is Jupiter according to EA? Or would it still be the Sun?

Rad
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 06:26 AM »

Hi Cypress,

First welcome to our message board. Yes, in EA decantes are acknowledged because of the natural trinity that exists within any given sign and, thus, the evolution within a sign. Generally speaking the planetary ruler of any given sign is considered as the planetary ruler of the birth chart yet, as in your own example, the natural planetary ruler of of the decante within the sign can be considered as a secondary ruler as well. That secondary ruler would of course be operating WITHIN the primary ruler of the sign, and thus the birth chart.

God Bless, Rad
Cypress

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 10:09 PM »

Thank You Rad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: