School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Pluto Direct

Started by Linda, Sep 09, 2009, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

Hi Rad and everyone,

If T-Pluto Retrograde means Repeat - Relive - Resolve, what is the catch phrase for T-Pluto Direct?

If during the Retrograde period Pluto functions as a liberating and individuating process, how does it function in the Direct phase, individually and collectively?

Thanks!

Deva

Hi Linda, great question! Pluto RX symbolizes that the Soul is "throwing off" or liberating from the mainstream or consensus conditioning patterns in general (not buying into the mainstream way of doing things). Thus, Pluto Rx serves to instigate personal, and collective, evolution. Pluto direct symbolizes that the Soul is not necessarily at an evolutionary juncture where the intense need to liberate in the ways described above is felt as in Pluto RX. However, we must keep in mind the 4 natural evolutionary conditions of the Soul as well.
In transit, in a general sense, when Pluto goes RX it is a time to review the current life lessons we have been seeking to learn. When Pluto is direct we will be facing those lessons head on "or directly" in order to affect personal growth. Hope this answers what you are asking, and if not please let me know.
Thanks for posting.
Deva 

Linda

Thanks Deva!

Just wondering...

Would Pluto RX energy be more yin, feminine, unconscious, internal?

And Direct motion more yang, masculine, active, conscious, forward moving?

Are these correct descriptions?

??? ;D

Deva

Hi Linda, Pluto RX is an internalized energy (Rx in general symbolizes an internalization of energy, or feminine energy, which is energy moving in toward the center). However, Pluto (both direct and RX) symbolizes the Soul which is unconscious in the vast majority of people. The description of male an female energy, however, is correct relative to Pluto direct and RX.
Thanks.
Deva

Linda

Marie

Hi Deva,
Since Pluto RX is about moving away from the consensus,can one interpret that indeed all the souls incarnating during a retrograde phase are moving away from the concensus ? Wouldn't that mean that all those souls are at at least in the last phases of concensus or in at some level of individuated ? Or can it apply to souls in any evolutionary condition, where they are movign away from th econcensus of their particular group ?

Deva

Hi Marie, this is a great a question and I am glad you posted it! Pluto Rx can occur at any evolutionary stage/condition, however it is only an intention to liberate and decondition. In other words, we all have a choice to cooperate with or resist the evolutionary intentions for our lives.  Those in the consensus sate will typically suppress/repress and, thus, resist the evolutionary intentions symbolized by Pluto RX through the act of emotionally withdrawing into him or herself but outwardly "going through the motions" so to speak because of the underlying need for conformity and social acceptance. For those in the consensus it does create a higher degree of evolutionary pressure to move towards the individuated state than those who have Pluto direct.
      An example that made this dynamic clear to me was in the Pluto vol 2 book about a person who resists the evolutionary intentions to establish an inner relationship with him or herself and suppresses the feelings of alienation from the traditional ways of being in relationships by emotionally withdrawing, or isolating him or herself, within the relationship yet sustaining the relationship at the same time (again-going through motions). I hope this answers your question, and please let me know if anything I have written is unclear.
Thanks
Deva     

Marie

Yes Deva, thank you . This clarifies a great deal, for I HAD understood it before to mean that when one sees Pluto Rx on a chart that that person is more highly evolved- not so, you are saying- this symbols can be relative to any evolutionary state, it is just that those more highly evolved, will be more responsoive to the inner promptings. Thank you - very helpful indeed.