Hi Rad and everyone,
I'm interested in learning more about how to interpret Event Charts from an EA point of view. Can you please offer some guidelines?
The March Against Monsanto is a world-wide demonstration on 25th May 2013 against the endless greed and self-interested practices of this company at the expense of future generations. I've made a short outline of the Pluto paradigm below of the event chart of this March. Protests are being scheduled in 36 countries. Evolutionary intentions pertaining to the whole world are made specific to each society via the house positions of the planets and the fast-moving Moon position.
Pluto Capricorn 7th: bottom-line intentions, extremes, imbalances, financial structures, objective awareness, listening, relativity of values and beliefs, altering the genetic structure of foods taken to the extreme.
PPP Cancer 1st: courageous action, instinctive cardinal energy creating change, two steps forward one step back. Conj Vesta-Ceres, service, nurturing, fierce protection of children.
SN Taurus 11th: past choices that impacted and will impact upon survival, doing the SN in a new way and taking that to the NN, liberation, revolution, very real genetic roulette. Conj Mars: re-live, to take a new direction.
SN Ruler, Venus Gemini 12th: facilitates SN intention through divine inspiration, cutting away illusions, deceptions and lies around information that the public has been fed.
NN Scorpio 5th: to take charge of our destiny, take the initiative, become instruments of change, protection of children, to protect genetic evolution through the DNA.
NN Ruler, Pluto 7th: repeating the past in order to change it, making new choices.
The Uranus/Pluto square necessitates the demonstration event and is the major aspect operating: revolutionary change. Since Pluto is Retrograde, it is a time to reflect upon what the first conjunction set in motion. Uranus and Pluto were conjunct three times in Virgo through 1965-66. The original intention was service, health, healing, new techniques, purification.
Chiron (ruled by Virgo) Pisces 8th is involved in four squares: genetic wounding, betrayal, deception, disillusionment.
Mutable t-square Neptune-Sun-Moon: cutting away the illusions, deceptions and lies through discernment (Virgo polarity).
Lunar Eclipse takes place 3 hours later (not visible in Australia).
Quote from Rose Marcus:
A Lunar Eclipse brings the already building undercurrents to the surface where we are forced to address them. It can reveal circumstances and relationship issues that we may have had a feeling about but have so far ignored, downplayed, avoided, etc. Eclipses can be positive catalysts. The Lunar Eclipse could bring life’s circumstances to a long sought after mountain’s peak and a potent time of circumstances ripening. Whatever is mobilized will spread with great force (and high volume/mass too).
Quotes from JWG's Pluto Vol. 1:
-- The Pluto transit brings into the light of day deep subconscious or unconscious emotional, intellectual, physical or spiritual patterns or dynamics that have been dictating and controlling our behaviour and approach to life.
-- Transits symbolize or correlate to what appear to be external circumstances and events. These events have the effect of inducing inner change in all of us.
-- ......an event symbolizes the inner dynamics within all of us that have necessitated the event itself.
-- Plutonian transits will always fundamentally transform us in some way.
-- It should be clear that the actual issues and events triggered by Plutonian transits are intimately linked to the context of each person's reality: to their natural evolutionary condition and intentions for incarnating and to their karmic necessities.
The International Assessment of Agricultural Knowledge, Science and Technology for Development (IAASTD), a team of 900 scientists and researchers studied the issue of world hunger. The results of the major study were very simple: 900 scientists agreed that GMO crops were not the answer to world hunger, and revealed this in 2008..... even the United Nations admitted that GMOs cannot fight hunger as effectively as traditional farming.
From the March Against Monsanto website: http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/
Why do we march?
- Research studies have shown that Monsanto’s genetically-modified foods can lead to serious health conditions such as the development of cancer tumors, infertility and birth defects.
- In the United States, the FDA, the agency tasked with ensuring food safety for the population, is steered by ex-Monsanto executives, and we feel that’s a questionable conflict of interests and explains the lack of government-led research on the long-term effects of GM products.
- Recently, the U.S. Congress and president collectively passed the nicknamed “Monsanto Protection Act” that, among other things, bans courts from halting the sale of Monsanto’s genetically-modified seeds.
- For too long, Monsanto has been the benefactor of corporate subsidies and political favoritism. Organic and small farmers suffer losses while Monsanto continues to forge its monopoly over the world’s food supply, including exclusive patenting rights over seeds and genetic makeup.
- Monsanto's GM seeds are harmful to the environment; for example, scientists have indicated they have contributed to Colony Collapse Disorder among the world's bee population.
What are solutions we advocate?
- Voting with your dollar by buying organic and boycotting Monsanto-owned companies that use GMOs in their products.
- Labeling of GMOs so that consumers can make those informed decisions easier.
- Repealing relevant provisions of the US's "Monsanto Protection Act."
- Calling for further scientific research on the health effects of GMOs.
- Holding Monsanto executives and Monsanto-supporting politicians accountable through direct communication, grassroots journalism, social media, etc.
- Continuing to inform the public about Monsanto's secrets.
- Taking to the streets to show the world and Monsanto that we won't take these injustices quietly.